IGNORED

Danny Wilson

Go Junior GO

Like others, I'm not particularly keen on the idea of previous managers returning to clubs. It more often than not ends in disappointment, as it did here with Joe Jordan, who in his first spell with us built what I consider to be the most attractive side I've seen in my 50 plus years of watching City. However, the man was right who pointed out that there are significant exceptions that are both recent and relevant to this league, in Johnson and Ferguson, so it can be done.

I have heard far worse suggestions that Wilson - some of them also starting with a 'W'. He failed here ultimately last time (and I, too, fumed for years after the Cardiff fiasco), but he's had a lot more experience since then, is older and wiser, knows the club and this league very well, produces attractive football, and has previously shown himself very able and willing to work with youngsters. I'm not saying I'm over the moon about the idea, but name me someone who's a better fit - and available - bearing in mind that we have just sacked the man arguably best qualified for the job.

I agree with what you say Cliff. 

However the fact we have sacked SoD means the board believe they are capable of getting someone better. There really are some ludicrous suggestions for sure and Wilson would be a lot better than half suggested but I think as a club it's vital we don't go back now. I'm certainly not disputing Wilson's credential's for sure the job but we need to move forward. He would already be hindered by those who wanted him out the first time.

If they don't get this right we are looking at L2 football next season as it stands.

Archived