IGNORED

Board Will Rue This Day...

spudski

Losing a manager is always unsettling. I'm not too bothered though. The football has been poor, results have been poor and O'Driscoll made no attempt to endear himself to the fans. It's time to get behind the board and move on.

Poor football and results yes.

O'Driscoll done a lot for the fans though, Q&A's, Insightful Programme Notes, going on a fans podcast, taking teams to schools! What more do you want the bloke to do!

Which ones ?

Well THE stand out one for me is Paolo Di Canio. I can empathise with Spudski because I know how I felt on the evening of 22nd September and for weeks after.

Sunderland's loss would be Bristol City's gain.But he'd need patience and time, and I appreciate Esmond Million's Bung's view that an immediate and sustained improvement is required. Paolo would have Bristol City in a much better place two years hence but I'm not sure about six months from now.

Good grief has some one died or something? All these eulogies over failure and catastophic failure repeated over a number of threads, specifically by a few posters is beginning to irritate. He's gone, we move forward for a new adventure. Happy Days finding out where or when that will lead us.

My view too Ralph. I particularly laugh at those posters who say no-one else could possibly manage the club. No-one good enough is out there.

They say Bullshit Baffles Brains and SOD should really move on to form a new religion now with his worshippers (the 'moanies'?)

A good performance against Orient seems to have obscured a piss-poor one against Sheff Utd and by selectively taking the Carlisle game as your starting point you could claim we'd "turned the corner" but the fact is we're still in the relegation zone and are under-performing. The next game under SOD was just as likely to be a loss as it was a "plucky draw".

The board may or may not rue this day, however, they do have experience in that department.

People on here say they feel we have turned the corner but the corner seems to be the biggest corner in history. If we have turned the corner then why can't it continue post SOD?

My concern this season have been the reliance on JET and playing Baldock up front on his own. This system have been employed week after week with little success. I don't believe it is healthy relying on one player to score and supply the assists. It appears this team is built around JET and players like Baldock suffer as a consequence.

If the next manager is a success then this day will not be rued.

.... Imho, the sacking of SoD is the biggest mistake this Club has made in years.

However... regardless of early results, this current team were starting to turn a corner.

Really?  weren't people saying the home defeat against Sheffield Utd was one of our worst performances.  That was just 5 days ago.

Losing a manager is always unsettling. I'm not too bothered though. The football has been poor, results have been poor and O'Driscoll made no attempt to endear himself to the fans. It's time to get behind the board and move on.

Sorry but you are so wrong ,he bent over backwards to inform And educate not only us but the journos who have since largely upped their game

It's just idiots like you who can't see it.

Look again at what he said ,his notes in Well Red and Q And A sessions then admit you were wrong.

Say his results were bad If you wish but don't distort the reality ,please.

The difference? The chairman was Harry Dolman, who'd forgotten more about football than this crowd put together will ever know.

I don't know too much about Harry Dolman's football history, but where did he get his knowledge? Was it acquired over the years whilst running the club, or was he a player in the past? or maybe he was a qualified coach?

.... Imho, the sacking of SoD is the biggest mistake this Club has made in years.

The overriding feeling amongst fans is 'what the hell are they doing?'

Of all the managers we've had in recent years that have been sacked, there was a certain understanding as to why.

However... regardless of early results, this current team were starting to turn a corner.

The majority of fans could see this, and are simply stunned at the Boards decision.

I've never seen a manager have his team in a relegation zone and have so much support... probably because the majority of fans could see what he was doing and it was going to click and work.

It seems now, a very vocal minority will be happy.

If this new manager comes in, and we again have upheaval, players leaving and new ones joining, and we go down... Who are they going to blame then?

It just goes on and on and on... this Board and owner are a complete joke.

Fully and wholeheartedly agree.

Biggest Mistake in my life time as a City fan I feel (ok maybe after moving Marv to RB at wembley)

I'd say it's 50:50 on whether he should've stayed or not.

Got to say that the lack of ambition shown pre-match against Sheffield Utd was baffling. The team, tactics and subs were bordering on losing the plot.

Rubbish, the is an overwhelming negative and uprising against the board today.

I'm hoping it's finally the shift in views the lansdowns have to go.

I don't know too much about Harry Dolman's football history, but where did he get his knowledge? Was it acquired over the years whilst running the club, or was he a player in the past? or maybe he was a qualified coach?

He played at a high level of amateur football (when there was such a thing) and was a qualified referee. There WERE no qualified coaches in his day.

He knew enough about football to leave it to the manager, a rare quality among chairmen ;)

He played at a high level of amateur football (when there was such a thing) and was a qualified referee. There WERE no qualified coaches in his day.

He knew enough about football to leave it to the manager, a rare quality among chairmen ;)

Thanks for the info. - like I say, I've got hardly any background on the guy, so it's good to hear.......thank you.

Sorry but you are so wrong ,he bent over backwards to inform And educate not only us but the journos who have since largely upped their game

It's just idiots like you who can't see it.

Look again at what he said ,his notes in Well Red and Q And A sessions then admit you were wrong.

Say his results were bad If you wish but don't distort the reality ,please.

Why does the fact that I don't think he built a great relationship with the fans makes me an idiot? Strange way to treat a fellow supporter.

Why does the fact that I don't think he built a great relationship with the fans makes me an idiot? Strange way to treat a fellow supporter.

You didnt say that though. He may of not built a great relationship, but he did attempt too, a lot!!

You said he made no attempt, which is completely wrong.

My view too Ralph. I particularly laugh at those posters who say no-one else could possibly manage the club. No-one good enough is out there.

They say Bullshit Baffles Brains and SOD should really move on to form a new religion now with his worshippers (the 'moanies'?)

A good performance against Orient seems to have obscured a piss-poor one against Sheff Utd and by selectively taking the Carlisle game as your starting point you could claim we'd "turned the corner" but the fact is we're still in the relegation zone and are under-performing. The next game under SOD was just as likely to be a loss as it was a "plucky draw".

Agree. SOD has managed to brainwash a lot of people, and I'm not sure how he's hardly mr charisma.

People are reacting like religious fanatics or one direction fans over his sacking. Let's face it, he just wasn't very good and didn't deliver on his obvious promise.

You didnt say that though. He may of not built a great relationship, but he did attempt too, a lot!!

You said he made no attempt, which is completely wrong.

These forums are for debate and discussion. Sometimes I'm right. Sometimes I'm wrong. I think being called an "idiot" by a fellow supporter is out of order. Perhaps times have changed though.

Archived