IGNORED

Board Will Rue This Day...

spudski

.... Imho, the sacking of SoD is the biggest mistake this Club has made in years.

The overriding feeling amongst fans is 'what the hell are they doing?'

Of all the managers we've had in recent years that have been sacked, there was a certain understanding as to why.

However... regardless of early results, this current team were starting to turn a corner.

The majority of fans could see this, and are simply stunned at the Boards decision.

I've never seen a manager have his team in a relegation zone and have so much support... probably because the majority of fans could see what he was doing and it was going to click and work.

It seems now, a very vocal minority will be happy.

If this new manager comes in, and we again have upheaval, players leaving and new ones joining, and we go down... Who are they going to blame then?

It just goes on and on and on... this Board and owner are a complete joke.

Yes...this Club is dying... wake up and smell the coffee...it's nothing to do with managers...it's the owners who have no idea...

It is something to do with managers, spuds. Can't be nothing. Although we have been poorly run for much of our history, they can only do so much. The coach/ manager has to do his bit, too. SOd hasn't done this. He hasn't done enough to be given more time. Not with two wins. It's give and take and he hasn't done his bit, he hasn't given us enough. Unless we are to believe that the changes are so enormous, the problems and challenges so great here, that no one could have done better.

Everyone wants to see someone given loads of time. But to be given that, they have to deliver more than SOd has done. Not miracles, but more than what we have seen so far. SOd knew he was struggling; it's there in his post-match interviews recently, saying stuff like, "just our luck this season. One shot..." that is a man running out of excuses.

We want stability and a guy given time. But you can't expect that when you don't stop the rot. We could wait for SOd, give him more time, but how much further would we fall, before seeing this, seeing things come good? That is the problem. It is pretty unusual to give someone this long, following immediately after anothe relegation. Someone has to come in and do better, despite all the history, the waste, the mistakes, and the problems now. To begin to overcome this. Not continue to fail and use this as justification. That's how I see it, anyhow. There are valid points either way, but tipping too far against SOd now.

However, changing for someone else is a gamble, too. No guarantees, not with who we are likely to get next

Good grief has some one died or something? All these eulogies over failure and catastophic failure repeated over a number of threads, specifically by a few posters is beginning to irritate. He's gone, we move forward for a new adventure. Happy Days finding out where or when that will lead us.

You've got what you wanted. Have your gloat now before the fertiliser hits the air conditioning.

I thought Southampton made a big mistake when they sacked Nigel Adkins and slagged them off at the time.

The new man is doing rather well.

I know nothing about football.

Thinking Southampton made a big mistake hardly proves you know nothing about football, I think most of us did and wished them ill.

Whether the board will rue today depends on who replaces SO'D and how long he's given to develop the side.

Many of the names being mentioned would certainly be a backward move, but some could be very exciting and lead Bristol City forward.

A case of history not repeating itself. In 1968 when Alan D had been Manager for a year, the results and performances were poor and relegation threatened. Fans called for him to go, nut the Board stuck by Dicks confident he'd turn things round.

Would Del or Sean have done the same? We'll never know.

Going to have to disagree with the sentiment in this thread. He HAD to go. Zero sign of any progress being made on the pitch with absolute dross served up week in week out. So negative it was unbelievable. Its not hard to say, 'hey guys, go out, get forward and have a go at them.' Was no sign of that at all and that certainly doesn't take a year to achieve. You can take a positive approach to games from day 1. You might lose, but it will be evident that you were having a real go.

I buy into the transition. however, if the guy carrying it out isnt up to it its going to ruin the plan. If you're building a house from scratch (the long term project) and you hire a builder (SOD) who isn't up to the job, you don't let them carry on and balls up your house, you get someone else in who can do the job better.

P.S, please not Holloway. Have some damn pride people. The guy is a tosspot. Yes I believe he would do a great job but I don't want him anywhere near our club.

Thinking Southampton made a big mistake hardly proves you know nothing about football, I think most of us did and wished them ill.

Whether the board will rue today depends on who replaces SO'D and how long he's given to develop the side.

Many of the names being mentioned would certainly be a backward move, but some could be very exciting and lead Bristol City forward.

At this precise moment in time it's not about developing the side, it's about winning games and staving off relegation, developing the side will come when we are safe and during the summer and the start of next season

Which ones ?

A case of history not repeating itself. In 1968 when Alan D had been Manager for a year, the results and performances were poor and relegation threatened. Fans called for him to go, nut the Board stuck by Dicks confident he'd turn things round.

Would Del or Sean have done the same? We'll never know.

The difference? The chairman was Harry Dolman, who'd forgotten more about football than this crowd put together will ever know.

i am looking at the next manager odds and i wouldn't want any of them 

A sad indication of where we are I'm afraid. When Gary Johnson was sacked, he had got us to a position where we could attract Steve Coppell, we are now nowhere near attracting such a manager.

How long will the New manager get if results don't pick up as quickly as some might expect? worrying times indeed! Not much scope for New signings. How indeed will the New guy improve the performances? Never a dull moment with this club. But cometh the hour and all that.....

He will be sacked in March. Remember, you read it here first.

_______ OUT!!

Archived