IGNORED

12 Hours On.

Roadrunner

Nearly 12 hours gone since the announcement, I still can not get why today, if at all. But it's done we have to get on with it. My thoughts are now as all the names are banded about. Who ever it is and when ever it happens, that I have little confidence with the board of directors we have, that things will not improve over the coming years. In truth what I am looking for are big changes at the top, Then and only then will I start to get excited about going forward long term.I hope to be proven wrong.

Manager's have usually gone when there results are abysmal just like SOD's and when there is no discernible  and consistent improvement also like SOD.

No improvement? There have definately been signs of that the past month.

Manager's have usually gone when there results are abysmal just like SOD's and when there is no discernible  and consistent improvement also like SOD.

No ...... they usually go when clubs start getting constant dickings, but a quick look at our goal difference is all that's needed to see that wasn't happening.  I couldn't fault the players for effort either, so they were still clearly playing for their manager/head coach.

Still seems a strange time to do this and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some other, behind the scenes reason for this sacking.

SOD got a lot longer here than he would of at most clubs, the vast majority of fans i know were more than happy to see him go.

Pumping long balls to Baldock up front was never going to work, overall the football has been awful.

12 hours on, I am as happy about it as I was when I get that pleasant surprise this morning.

Job well done and I also think Lansdown Jnr spoke quite well today.

I agree, especially re Lansdown Jnr - best I've heard him, more confident and positive than usual. Remember how upset and almost apologetic he was when sacking Del - where had that gone? Makes you wonder exactly what the relationship was like. I imagine, at times, SOD was incredibly hard to deal with.

Personally I happy with the way the board have handled this, I'm assuming some ground word has aleready been done in terms of a replacement.

Archived