IGNORED

Imo, Biggest Mistake Ever

Tall King Blox

Patience, Building, Confidence, .......Sorry not to jump on the anti sod bandwaggon....

We are Bristol City........short sighted, Idiots , in no order.........We were getting there, Why oh friggin why sack him ?

I feel sure this will be the death knell .....look at yer toes...somethings afoot !

Patience, Building, Confidence, .......Sorry not to jump on the anti sod bandwaggon....

We are Bristol City........short sighted, Idiots , in no order.........We were getting there, Why oh friggin why sack him ?

I feel sure this will be the death knell .....look at yer toes...somethings afoot !

I would of certainly given him until the new year. We will find out if it was a mistake at the end of the season.

I've just posted my thoughts on this, I reckon the Sheffield United defeat had to be the final straw.  The board must have been cringing with the way such a dull, lifeless team as the Blades were able to claim all three points at Ashton Gate.  If it continued, we would ultimately be relegated this season.   

After losing that game on Saturday, I honestly felt for the first time we could be relegated.  The board must have felt the same way.

I've just posted my thoughts on this, I reckon the Sheffield United defeat had to be the final straw. The board must have been cringing with the way such a dull, lifeless team as the Blades were able to claim all three points at Ashton Gate. If it continued, we would ultimately be relegated this season.

After losing that game on Saturday, I honestly felt for the first time we could be relegated. The board must have felt the same way.

Same here.

We were not "getting there" at all.

Our tactics and formation that game showed we had not progressed in the slightest.

I've just posted my thoughts on this, I reckon the Sheffield United defeat had to be the final straw.  The board must have been cringing with the way such a dull, lifeless team as the Blades were able to claim all three points at Ashton Gate.  If it continued, we would ultimately be relegated this season.   

After losing that game on Saturday, I honestly felt for the first time we could be relegated.  The board must have felt the same way.

We are all in the same boat, i always thought having a steady boat was the way to build..sadly i was mistaken...lets get a new master to guide us through the waters that await us......wiv a new shiny map !

We'll soon find out if sacking SOD was a mistake in how well the new manager does with SOD's team. Personally, I think our players are at Div 2 level and would be relegated whoever managed them. As a unit ,they're too prone to individual mistakes at Div 1 level.

Think the decision to sack SOD is right, although the performance against Orient was much improved.

The football this season has been pants, 2 wins in 18 is poor to say the least.

What position did sod play ? i know he decided the team, but it does stop with the team.............not good enough.....end of

We were getting there???? Where, League 2?

A couple of improved performances this season (lets not forget the standard of the opposition is A LOT lower than last season) and just 2 wins from 18 is NOT good enough.

So glad he has gone, best result of the season!

Time will tell Kingswood Mask.

I find it all very bizarre.

Whether you were with him or against him, I'm pretty certain everyone would agree that our performances have been void of excitement and entertainment since his arrival.

I also think, that after 11 months in charge you'd expect to see some sort of progression. Unfortunately, and in my opinion, we seem to have regressed, and Fourth Division football beckons

We shall see, dire performances and incredibly dull football, added to poor results made his job untenable. The side against Sheff Utd was pretty experienced, particularly by Div 1 standards, so even the re-building argument loses validity. Personally I could not see any improvements or green shoots, just a few different faces each week and same old. If JET was quiet, we had no Plan B.

• Admin

Bigger than not bothering to put a sell-on clause in when selling Andy Cole?

The biggest mistake in the last decade was believing that reaching the playoff final meant that chucking a load of cash in vaguely the right direction would get us to the Premier League.

Very perceptive. Way over the head of many here and indeed on the Board.

The biggest mistake in the last decade was believing that reaching the playoff final meant that chucking a load of cash in vaguely the right direction would get us to the Premier League.

That would seem the case, but what were the options?

We had a L1 squad still, a quite small squad and Johnson and others would be saying, we need a striker who can get us 15+ at this level, we need a midfielder distributor, we need defensive cover etc etc.

Had Lansdown not increased the cash flow there would've been fan outrage and Gary may well have walked.

The problem was not that we spent money, but that we didn't spend it wisely (and were over-generous in contracts to mediocre players).

That would seem the case, but what were the options? We had a L1 squad still, a quite small squad and Johnson and others would be saying, we need a striker who can get us 15+ at this level, we need a midfielder distributor, we need defensive cover etc etc. Had Lansdown not increased the cash flow there would've been fan outrage and Gary may well have walked. The problem was not that we spent money, but that we didn't spend it wisely (and were over-generous in contracts to mediocre players).

I think that that is the point.

There was a knoledgable ex-poster on herd during the Jan transfer window urging us to 'seise the day'.

Think we got Adabola, who wasn't a bad player for us, but that was our big opening given the short-terminism of our approach and philosophy.

The over-spending went on too long after that, though.

Ah, cracking thread.

IMO he should been sacked 8 games ago, thought when he was appointed we had a ever so slight chance of surviving but if not a realistic chance of going straight back up but after 10 games no wins & dire performances he should gone, our next appointment now has to get the same lads performing us out the relegation zone & also wait til the transfer window opens again, if they'd done it back then he would been able get some players in.

im unsure if it was the right or the wrong move, things did seem to be getting better, however, its tough to argue the boards point.

we have won 2 out of 27.

we have the 2nd biggest budget but 3rd worst team.

I was pleased when he came, the next 28 games will show if it was a good idea to get rid.

shame non the less.

I did ask Arn and Big Tone to keep quiet about this. Seems there is a mole. Darn it. Anyway, meanwhile, i nearly have the fair sorted for my flight to the Bailwick.

Archived