IGNORED

Imo, Biggest Mistake Ever

Tall King Blox

I'm glad he's gone too. A new manager can rejuvenate the place - bring the feelgood factor back, get the fans back on side. I for one had stopped going to AG under SOD. I just didn't like him or his methods. I couldn't care less if Warnock's a dinosaur or he upsets opposing teams - you could say the same thing about Fergie. Bring it on!!

Simple way to put it is this is SOD's squad, if he can't get the results with them then they are either not up to the task or SOD couldn't make them work the way he wanted in the time he had which only makes me think if the man who chose the players can't do it why do we think another manager will suddenly just change everything around quickly and get results.

For the first time in a long time I had faith in the board to see out what they started but in true fashion they have shown themselves to be weak and gone for the quick fix. We've now had 6 managers in 3 years, that is ridiculous, even Chelsea don't go through them that quickly! I can see the new manager coming in, maybe getting a win here and there and upon the first few losses his head will already be on the chopping block in the fans eyes.

I've lost my confidence in this club entirely, I won't't give up on it but every time we go through this my heart sinks a little bit more.

The biggest mistake in the last decade was believing that reaching the playoff final meant that chucking a load of cash in the right direction would get us to the Premier League.

I believe this was the worst thing that happened to the club. If we had a season or two of consolidation first we may have been stronger, building slowly. Unfortunately it's like a gambler chasing losses, just a bit more money, and more etc. 

The choices the board and the Lansdowns have made have been with the right intentions, they may have ultimately been wrong but no one sets out to make mistakes. When each manager was firstly appointed then sacked there would have been some fans agreeing with it, that's just how it works. 

I have a feeling the next boss will divide oppinnion just as much as SOD's sacking, there is no potential manager out there that will unite everyone BUT,

this is a good time for someone with passion and a little more media savvy to come in, there are some good players here and the Academy is better than ever. Things are taking shape (hopefully) off the pitch and there is time to address the current position.

You just keep supporting and look forward to better times. 

My fondest memories of following City are from trudging , around the sh1tholes of Div 4 when expectations were low, I did enjoy the first division but I was deluded enough to think we would stay there a long time. 

SO'D, thought he'd be given longer but can understand why he's gone, few if any redeeming factors.

The only person I wanCurbishleyted in the job recently was  and I think his time has passed , I have no idea where we go next.

On an aside, apparently n experienced Turkish manager has been approached to take over at Cardiff. Now THAT would be a poor decision.

PS: It's taken so long to type this there have been about 20 replies, so feel free to ignore, just though I'd add my 5 pence worth.

Simple way to put it is this is SOD's squad, if he can't get the results with them then they are either not up to the task or SOD couldn't make them work the way he wanted in the time he had which only makes me think if the man who chose the players can't do it why do we think another manager will suddenly just change everything around quickly and get results.

For the first time in a long time I had faith in the board to see out what they started but in true fashion they have shown themselves to be weak and gone for the quick fix. We've now had 6 managers in 3 years, that is ridiculous, even Chelsea don't go through them that quickly! I can see the new manager coming in, maybe getting a win here and there and upon the first few losses his head will already be on the chopping block in the fans eyes.

I've lost my confidence in this club entirely, I won't't give up on it but every time we go through this my heart sinks a little bit more.

Another way of looking at it is we've had 7 managers in 13 years, not great, but par for the course in modern football. Especially if you take Copout out of the equasion. How many managers have a nervous breakdown after 3 games?!

I think that all of what SO'D has done by cutting our wage bill and bringing in good prospects will prove on the long run to have been very much beneficial.

He is/was not afraid of pressing the reset button and building the foundations which will carry on, given we appoint the right manager. Despite his age, SO'D was very up to date and was pro-active in following the direction in which the game is going.

- Believing in player development

- Active in the restructure/overhaul of our youth

- Realistic wages for player

- Taking the risk of playing the likes of Williams, Parish & Wynter. All of which can have long and productive careers playing for us

- Taking a cognitive approach

- Players actually buying into the philosophy

Things weren't going to be smooth, he reiterated that. The board knew this. I believe we wouldn't go down had he of stayed all season.

It takes time with the amount of active change we're going through, but the board pull him out of the situation he was clearly dedicated to.

But the true point is that he's built new foundations at our club and the next manager will need to be better than SO'D. How many candidates (realistic ones) will be able to do this?

Lansclown and co really need to get the right person in, otherwise the finger is well and truly pointed at them for disrupting the massive, yet compulsory transition we currently find ourselves involved with.

At this moment, I think Pemberton has an opportunity to show us all what he's about. Other than that our options are slim. At least Pemberton knows the logical ethos being implemented throughout the club.

I think that all of what SO'D has done by cutting our wage bill and bringing in good prospects will prove on the long run to have been very much beneficial.

He is/was not afraid of pressing the reset button and building the foundations which will carry on, given we appoint the right manager. Despite his age, SO'D was very up to date and was pro-active in following the direction in which the game is going.

- Believing in player development

- Active in the restructure/overhaul of our youth

- Realistic wages for player

- Taking the risk of playing the likes of Williams, Parish & Wynter. All of which can have long and productive careers playing for us

- Taking a cognitive approach

- Players actually buying into the philosophy

Things weren't going to be smooth, he reiterated that. The board knew this. I believe we wouldn't go down had he of stayed all season.

It takes time with the amount of active change we're going through, but the board pull him out of the situation he was clearly dedicated to.

But the true point is that he's built new foundations at our club and the next manager will need to be better than SO'D. How many candidates (realistic ones) will be able to do this?

Lansclown and co really need to get the right person in, otherwise the finger is well and truly pointed at them for disrupting the massive, yet compulsory transition we currently find ourselves involved with.

At this moment, I think Pemberton has an opportunity to show us all what he's about. Other than that our options are slim. At least Pemberton knows the logical ethos being implemented throughout the club.

I agree with much of what you say here, apart from maybe the relegation issue, but we will never know now.

As for Pemberton it will be very interesting to see how he actually sets the team up for Preston and if it's going to be different to SOD's set up for most away games.

Archived