IGNORED

Pemberton

Superjack

I do not think that the board have anyone lined up....

... it therefore may take some weeks to make an appointment...

... I would not be surprised if the 'caretaker' gets the gig with a couple of good results. ..

33/1 with Sky Bet.  Very good odds considering.  Did a good job at Sheff U with their youth team.

id give him a fair crack but i think after watching the JL interview that we have someone lined up already and the decision was made to give the new man the january window to make a few changes after having time to see what he needs.

when asked if the board had spoken to anyone,i think JL gave it away in the way he avoided the subject as best he could.

have a feeling someone upstairs is pulling the strings too.

they got it wrong last time timing wise,i really do think it is all done and dusted already with someone,i just hope its not mr holloway

Entirely possible. Seems highly regarded and we have a stated aim of continuity. The squad is turning the corner and with the stability of Pemberton it could continue to do so. It wouldn't be a massive surprise if he got some decent results whilst in charge over the next few games.

Whether he'd want it, who knows. But it does seem a good price if its 33/1. 

It'll be interesting to see if he sticks with the same team and tactics... If he believed in what we were doing then surely he will?

SOD might have trotted off into the sunset, but he lives on through his playing philosophy, written into the coaching manuals, part of the "vision" we are stuck with this, for better or worse

He may well be given a chance to make an impression if he wants to go for the job. A good option to explore.

Isn't it the sort of thing SO'D wanted to promote, having people moving up the ladder replacing those above them in the hierachy?

It might be something the board are also keen to adopt.

Archived