IGNORED

Enough Abuse - Mods Act

old_eastender

I cannot remember such diverse divided opinions about a manager than we have had with SOD. Unfortunatly in recent weeks too many posts have gone beyond 'banter' into personal abuse (from both the pro-SOD and Anti-SOD camps). That written abuse apparently spilled over into actual physical abuse, if the story about the fan with a SOD OUT banner in the EE getting punched in the face in front of his young son is true. THIS IS INEXCUSABLE.

Yesterday there were several abusive posts aimed at JL, SL and the board in general. What next car windows bricked in, a physical attack.

ENOUGH!

Time for the MODs to start removing posts containing personal abuse and warning the posters (some of them regular) that they will be banned from the forum. In fact I'd like to see any new SOD threads removed, whether in support of him or not, the arguments have all be done to death.

LETS MOVE ON, UNITE, stop the in fighting, get behind the lads, get behind the new manager when he arrives, build some positivity and remember that we all want BCFC to succeed.

COYR

Well said mate. I have to be honest, I did make a cheeky Jon Lansdown 'meme' yesterday (if you're on twitter, you may well have seen it). It was harmless to me, and I hope I didn't cause offence to anyone with it as it wasn't my intention.

Truth is, I have heard a lot of fans that feel dejected from the club they love, myself included. I genuinely believe we are amongst some of the most passionate fans in the country, unfortunately, sometimes having this much passion can spill into anger and doing things some may regret.

Like I say though, I agree. Time to move on, get behind the lads, get behind the new gaffer (please don't be Hollowhead) and get up the bloody league.

Do you want to meet up for a "beer" ?

I'm a bit "tasty" don't you know? ...

I was in the SOD in and out campaign.

You are of course right my friend but If it was bad under him imagine If they bring in Holloway !!!!!

Shame Pulis went to Palace,what terrible timing.

Yes pleas I'll have a beer and some tasty food

Yes there's been some ott comments lately

Personal abuse is out of order. Strong pro or anti opinions are what a forum is all about however. 

Sean has certainly divided opinion whereas most appear to feel this board is out of its depth; they are certainly giving plenty of evidence to illustrate that. We can only hope from an inept beginning they will rise to become supremo chieftains. The road to nirvana is always a painful one ours is just full of pot holes, long sweeping curves, security road blocks, bandits, and landslides.

I cannot remember such diverse divided opinions about a manager than we have had with SOD. Unfortunatly in recent weeks too many posts have gone beyond 'banter' into personal abuse (from both the pro-SOD and Anti-SOD camps). That written abuse apparently spilled over into actual physical abuse, if the story about the fan with a SOD OUT banner in the EE getting punched in the face in front of his young son is true. THIS IS INEXCUSABLE.

Yesterday there were several abusive posts aimed at JL, SL and the board in general. What next car windows bricked in, a physical attack.

ENOUGH!

Time for the MODs to start removing posts containing personal abuse and warning the posters (some of them regular) that they will be banned from the forum. In fact I'd like to see any new SOD threads removed, whether in support of him or not, the arguments have all be done to death.

LETS MOVE ON, UNITE, stop the in fighting, get behind the lads, get behind the new manager when he arrives, build some positivity and remember that we all want BCFC to succeed.

COYR

If someone is abusing you (or someone else) just report the post for the mods to deal with.

You don't get to expunge a manager like some sort extreme censor.

• Admin

If someone is abusing you (or someone else) just report the post for the mods to deal with.

You don't get to expunge a manager like some sort extreme censor.

This. The first page only contains topics that have been added to since 10:40 last night, these threads contain almost 1000 individual posts. There is simply no way I could read all of that even if I was so inclined.

Do you want to meet up for a "beer" ?

I'm a bit "tasty" don't you know? ...

I was in the SOD in and out campaign.

You are of course right my friend but If it was bad under him imagine If they bring in Holloway !!!!!

Shame Pulis went to Palace,what terrible timing.

Exactly why I would never have Holloway here and why he would never come.

Yup add me to the use the report button. Modding is a thankless task I do it on a few other fora and, it's impossible to read everything. Use the report button if there are issues with content and happy days

OP could stop with the theatrics. Manager has been sacked, we arent having a great season and there is already dissention with the board, as opposed to this message board. Emotions will run high and some posters probably need to take a step back and breathe for a few hours, rather than plough head long on with the next post.

As always with these situations, think before you post, but if you do see something you dont think is right then report it and let the mods deal with it as opposed to trying to bend the will of the board and redact what has and hasnt happened in the club. 

Happy days

Totally agree. Now there's a first ;)

I think we're talking about posters abusing each other, not the manager.

If I get personal abuse, I reckon it means I've won the argument but I do realise that it bothers some people. It seems to be worse for the youngsters, who seem to have been brought up in a sanitised world.

Saying someone is an idiot, and demonstrating why, seems to me to be part of vigorous debate, whether handing it out or receiving it. Personal abuse of group members and their hedgehogs is not.

Has there actually been any "personal ABUSE"?

Apart from a bit of keyboard warrior stuff, very few reports have been made over the past 24 hours

There's been a bit, but with one glaring exception (from a pro-SODder) nothing to frighten the horses. Horace has received a couple of insults, but his teeth are VERY sharp.

ENOUGH!

COYR

Love and peace man :)

There is absolutely far too much aggression and anger knocking about on here at the moment.

Me, I am thrilled and pretty positive about the club now.

People need to lighten up, be positive and get behind the club and team at this time.

How can you be positive with Jon Lansdown calling the shots?

(I'm not having a pop just interested)

Archived