IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

Uncle Albert

There is going to be some people with serious egg on their faces if Steve Cotterill is appointted. I watch a lot of football and believe me his teams are more pro football than people give him credit for. But hey we all know what this forum is like...... Once labelled and made a scape goat thats it. People have short memories on here and dont seem to be able to remember the truth..... Holloway..... Check youtube..... Warnock.....Colin wasn't it? I say bring Steve Cottetill on.... Let's ruffle a few feathers.... Get some wins under our belt and climb the table!! No surrender and keep the red flag flying high! Onwards and upwards.

In keeping with the theme of a new thread appearing every five minutes on OTIB during BCFC's annual 'Manager Appointing Month', I thought I'd start a thread on the overwhelming favourite with Sky Bet, Steve Cotterill. 

His odds are now 8/15 with them... http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

What do people think of the possibility of him as BCFC's next manager? At least we'd be able to keep up the influx of Florest players...

This club is in trouble and will be in even bigger trouble without a manager as the drop to Div 2 looms large. I'm sure Steve Cotterill is capable of keeping us up and that's all that matters at the moment.

There is going to be some people with serious egg on their faces if Steve Cotterill is appointted. I watch a lot of football and believe me his teams are more pro football than people give him credit for. But hey we all know what this forum is like...... Once labelled and made a scape goat thats it. People have short memories on here and dont seem to be able to remember the truth..... Holloway..... Check youtube..... Warnock.....Colin wasn't it? I say bring Steve Cottetill on.... Let's ruffle a few feathers.... Get some wins under our belt and climb the table!! No surrender and keep the red flag flying high! Onwards and upwards.

No, we've seen what his teams are like. That's why people don't want him, Mrs Cotterill.

Would be a disaster. Terrible terrible manager.

Never really taken much notice of his career?

Why will it be a disaster? and why is he a terrible manager?

Not looking to be confrontational, just intrigued by your sweeping statement.

Thanks

Never really taken much notice of his career?

Why will it be a disaster? and why is he a terrible manager?

Not looking to be confrontational, just intrigued by your sweeping statement.

Thanks

My problem is the style of football.

He only ever had sustained success at Cheltenham

He is more of a short term fixer now (well that is how it appears), never stays in roles long, which says a lot  apart from Burnley and Cheltenham, he rarely lasts any time.

My problem is the style of football.

He only ever had sustained success at Cheltenham

He is more of a short term fixer now (well that is how it appears), never stays in roles long, which says a lot  apart from Burnley and Cheltenham, he rarely lasts any time.

Thanks TRL.

My personal choice is Eddie Howe, but probably a long shot.

I think this is the most likely appointment, sadly.

For what it's worth, he'd probably do a half decent job in the short-term, but it won't be pretty.  And you can be damn sure JET, Pack, Baldock, Bryan, Cunningham won't feature in his high tempo, high pressing, high ball game.

This appointment will swing the club away from the long-term strategy it set in place only 12 months ago.

Remember that at Forest, Cotterill took charge of 6 consecutive home defeats and 11 weeks of not scoring a goal at home.  If you think the football under SOD has been lacking inspiration, you ain't seen nothing yet!

And you can be damn sure JET, Pack, Baldock, Bryan, Cunningham won't feature

Harry, Cotterill signed Greg Cunningham on loan whilst he was at Forest and then tried to buy him permanently.

Harry, Cotterill signed Greg Cunningham on loan whilst he was at Forest and then tried to buy him permanently.

True - I'll accept that one (I was gonna stop that sentence at Bryan, but had to go one step further, ha ha, silly me!!)

However, I could argue that Keith Burt, being DOF at Forest at the time, actually signed Cunningham???!!!  But I won't, and will accept my error.

For what it's worth, he'd probably do a half decent job in the short-term, but it won't be pretty.  And you can be damn sure JET, Pack, Baldock, Bryan, Cunningham won't feature in his high tempo, high pressing, high ball game.

This appointment will swing the club away from the long-term strategy it set in place only 12 months ago.

Remember that at Forest, Cotterill took charge of 6 consecutive home defeats and 11 weeks of not scoring a goal at home.  If you think the football under SOD has been lacking inspiration, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Whether Harry is right about Cunningham, he is right about the rest.  And it would be the same with Warnock, only we'd cheat more effectively and our manager would get quoted more in the national media

Even though he is favourite for the job, I can't see JL employing him. Otherwise all the talk of good football, transition, young hungry players, academy and scouting has gone out the window?

What I get from SC, is that he's a hard working man who can grind results. He is not a long term future manager so that's why I think it's Tisdale. He has been around the south west for a while now, young manager, been at Exeter for years and has progressed slowy, but surely.

Whether Harry is right about Cunningham, he is right about the rest. And it would be the same with Warnock, only we'd cheat more effectively and our manager would get quoted more in the national media

Isn't that what everyone wants though? It's clearly more important to have charisma and be good with the media you know ;)

Archived