IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

Uncle Albert

In keeping with the theme of a new thread appearing every five minutes on OTIB during BCFC's annual 'Manager Appointing Month', I thought I'd start a thread on the overwhelming favourite with Sky Bet, Steve Cotterill. 

His odds are now 8/15 with them... http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/manager-specials

What do people think of the possibility of him as BCFC's next manager? At least we'd be able to keep up the influx of Florest players...

I was just reading this:

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/29th-november-2013/steve-cotterill-in-the-running-for-bristol-city-and-crawley-town-posts

before popping on here to see what the latest jibber jabber was and I do think it's one of the more realistic possibilities out there, compared to some of the things I've read (Not just on here)

But but by possibility I mean just that, the board could get as far as offering him a second interview before changing their mind, or he could turn down a second, or even first interview, just like any manager. I'm not saying it likely to happen.

Absolutely fine with it.

Good record at Burnley, brilliant one at Cheltenham and Notts Co, so so at Forest.

Likely to need to win over unimpressed supporters with a decent start, if he gets the gig.

The words from a Burnley supporting friend were: I would not wish him on my worst enemy. Make of that what you will.

I think back to the mcinnnes vs robins debate and the word uninspiring was used about robins quite a bit.

He had gone on to do a decent job at Huddersfield and look what has happened to us in the last couple of years!

Just hope whoever it is can do a decent job!

Interesting isn't it that we picked the 2 others interviewed with Robins but arguably he's turned out to be the best of the 3?

As for the Burnley fan's comment, my recollection of Cotterill's time there (4 years?) was they never finished too near the relegation zone, I don't know if he thinks they are Real Madrid but that doesn't strike me as too shabby for a small Championship club.

Interesting isn't it that we picked the 2 others interviewed with Robins but arguably he's turned out to be the best of the 3?

As for the Burnley fan's comment, my recollection of Cotterill's time there (4 years?) was they never finished too near the relegation zone, I don't know if he thinks they are Real Madrid but that doesn't strike me as too shabby for a small Championship club.

Think the Clarets fan is getting a bit carried away due to their current position.

Steve Cotterill is a good manager and a highly regarded coach within the game. He will be a good appointment if we are lucky to get him. Contray to some on here, he will be good for us and will bring success. We have tried the popular managers..... Got us nowhere. We have tried the young up and coming got us no where....tried the footballing manager.... Got us no where..... Why not appoint someone who can develop us and get us results..... I will be right behind him if we get him as I would any manager. Who knows..... He might just be the man to make us great!

Last straw for me if they appoint a hoofball merchant. I don't think even our bunch of comedians would do that.

See tomorrows local rag for confirmation of his 2yr contract.

Lansdown Jr has assured us that the new manager will have to buy into the 5 pillars concept. To me one of those pillars is about playing decent football. I don't know what kind of football Cotteral likes but if he has a history of hoof ball then he shouldn't even get an interview.

This would be one of the worst appointments possible.

What I would like to know is just what has he done in the game? Other managers in fairness, even if I don't rate them have credentials for the job but I just don't see what this bloke has to offer other than hoof ball? He was absolutely terrible at Forest and very nearly got a very good side (on paper) relegated.

Archived