IGNORED

Warnock

LoyalRed

A few of my friends work with Warnock at Talksport. I can pretty much guarantee he won't come to City. Not only is he as good as retired, but just through speaking to him it's plain that he's not the same Neil Warnock that took Sheffield United to the Premier League. He's mellowed a hell of a lot. He likes doing the media stuff, pottering around the house and spending time with his grandchildren. The QPR fiasco as good as killed his spirit and he couldn't find that same fire at Leeds and he'd need that fire and more to sort the mess we're in. Neil Warnock 5 or 6 years ago, Yes. Neil Warnock of 2013, not going to happen.

A few of my friends work with Warnock at Talksport. I can pretty much guarantee he won't come to City. Not only is he as good as retired, but just through speaking to him it's plain that he's not the same Neil Warnock that took Sheffield United to the Premier League. He's mellowed a hell of a lot. He likes doing the media stuff, pottering around the house and spending time with his grandchildren. The QPR fiasco as good as killed his spirit and he couldn't find that same fire at Leeds and he'd need that fire and more to sort the mess we're in. Neil Warnock 5 or 6 years ago, Yes. Neil Warnock of 2013, not going to happen.

Are we expected to believe this ?

Are we expected to believe this ?

Whether or not he's got friends at Talksport is impossible to proof. The rest is pretty much obvious from both watching him at Leeds and hearing him talking since.  It's pretty clear that the anger and the appetite for managerial pressure has gone.  And good for him - he seems happy.

Between Warnock and Holloway (who also looked shot when he left Palace, I don't really understand why fans are determined to bring people in because they were good four or five years ago even if their recent record shows their heart's not in it any more. 

Whether or not he's got friends at Talksport is impossible to proof. The rest is pretty much obvious from both watching him at Leeds and hearing him talking since. It's pretty clear that the anger and the appetite for managerial pressure has gone. And good for him - he seems happy.

Between Warnock and Holloway (who also looked shot when he left Palace, I don't really understand why fans are determined to bring people in because they were good four or five years ago even if their recent record shows their heart's not in it any more.

Because they're the ones they've heard of?

Whether or not he's got friends at Talksport is impossible to proof. The rest is pretty much obvious from both watching him at Leeds and hearing him talking since. It's pretty clear that the anger and the appetite for managerial pressure has gone. And good for him - he seems happy.

Probably because if it was a choice between Warnock , Holloway and Cotterill, Cotterill wouldn't get a look-in, he was SOD's assistant at Forest, what would change ? Nothing

Probably because if it was a choice between Warnock , Holloway and Cotterill, Cotterill wouldn't get a look-in, he was SOD's assistant at Forest, what would change ? Nothing

It isn't a choice between those three though so I've absolutely no idea what point you're making.   Why invent some spurious hypothetical situation?  For what it's worth though, yes  - I'd rather have the Warnock or Holloway of three years ago than Cotterill (who, for the record, I really wouldn't want as manager either).  But all of them have massive question marks over them.

PS you may want to re-check your facts.  Cotterill wasn't SOD's assistant at Forest or anywhere else.

Archived