IGNORED

Warnock

LoyalRed

Whilst it isn't between those three.

Any of the other names read like a list of out of work has beens.

You're forgetting that that includes Warnock and Holloway.  Going for people who were good three years ago regardless of current ability is the exact logic that wounded us saddled with Marcus Stewart, Michael Bridges and Stern John.

And, more importantly, Coppell.

Bobby Robson was older than that at Newcastle wasn't he?

Did a bloody good job too.

It's not about age though.  Holloway is only 50.  It's the fact both Warnock and Holloway looked knackered, disinterested and sick of football in their last jobs and both has been off the boil for three years.  I just don't see why people think that will suddenly change at Bristol City. 

Not that I think this matters - I'm confident both of them will have the good sense to realise they're not in the frame of mind of the challenge and would say no if they were offered it.

Warnock is sat down south happily playing with the Grand Kids.  As far as I know he hasn't said he would not come back to football.  What he did say was he has no interest in being involved with a relegation battle with any team again.  So I am presuming that rules us out.

It isn't a choice between those three though so I've absolutely no idea what point you're making. Why invent some spurious hypothetical situation? For what it's worth though, yes - I'd rather have the Warnock or Holloway of three years ago than Cotterill (who, for the record, I really wouldn't want as manager either). But all of them have massive question marks over them.

PS you may want to re-check your facts. Cotterill wasn't SOD's assistant at Forest or anywhere else.

Yes that's right, we could have that manager from Crawley that got sacked, or maybe poach a manager from another club even though we haven't got the funds to do so, or we can look at that list of available managers and settle for John Pemberton or Dean Saunders, the 3 being mentioned seem to be either the front runners or the most popular, and that is my point

Warnock is sat down south happily playing with the Grand Kids. As far as I know he hasn't said he would not come back to football. What he did say was he has no interest in being involved with a relegation battle with any team again. So I am presuming that rules us out.

Well that is totally wrong as when the offer of Director of Football came up at Brum he said on the radio that he would never say never to any offer

Yes that's right, we could have that manager from Crawley that got sacked, or maybe poach a manager from another club even though we haven't got the funds to do so, or we can look at that list of available managers and settle for John Pemberton or Dean Saunders, the 3 being mentioned seem to be either the front runners or the most popular, and that is my point

What is your point?  You still haven't made one.  Yes, there's loads of rubbish managers out there and we shouldn't appoint one.  I think we can both agree on that.  But I don't see why that's a reason to appoint someone out of sorts who's struggled in their recent jobs just because they're a bit famous.

Well that is totally wrong as when the offer of Director of Football came up at Brum he said on the radio that he would never say never to any offer

Well in that case Warnock has changed his mind, as he said it live on BBC

When I'm 65 I hope to be drawing my pension and taking holidays in the Bahamas. Managing a dysfunctional football club at age 65 under the Landowns 5 pillars? No thanks - I'd value my health too much. :shifty:

You must have a good pension, Gobbers!  i can see myself working until I drop....

What is your point? You still haven't made one. Yes, there's loads of rubbish managers out there and we shouldn't appoint one. I think we can both agree on that. But I don't see why that's a reason to appoint someone out of sorts who's struggled in their recent jobs just because they're a bit famous.

Warnock is the best out there that is available and that is my point, you really should have got that from the title of the thread, I believe it is titled Warnock

Warnock is the best out there that is available and that is my point, you really should have got that from the title of the thread, I believe it is titled Warnock

Perhaps it's a point but it's certainly not a convincing one.   Lots of people have pointed out to you that it's likely Warnock wouldn't fancy it and has struggled in recent jobs.  But, if you want to ignore all recent evidence and cling to the past, each to their own.  I hope the board don't make the same mistake.

Perhaps it's a point but it's certainly not a convincing one. Lots of people have pointed out to you that it's likely Warnock wouldn't fancy it and has struggled in recent jobs. But, if you want to ignore all recent evidence and cling to the past, each to their own. I hope the board don't make the same mistake.

Where has he struggled ?

I think he means struggle to get motivated rather than struggle to do well, that said he was not a rip roaring success at leeds

Leeds wanted instant success as they would do, he just missed out on the playoffs and was never under 10th in league, I consider that to be a job done

Leeds wanted instant success as they would do, he just missed out on the playoffs and was never under 10th in league, I consider that to be a job done

Can't remember where they were but I do remember them being something like 3-5 point of relegation when he went.  Either way too close to the wrong end for comfort.

Anyway if he comes, I really hope there is something place where he brings someone, or grooms Pemberton to be his replacement, we cannot afford this continuous transition, otherwise we will be buying another starting 11 again!  we can't keep doing it otherwise these 5 pillars the board keep ramming down our throat is meaningless.

When he left Leeds in April they were on a dreadful streak of form and 5 points off relegation.  

He struggled a lot at QPR in his last season there (his own players were screaming at him from the pitch about his tactical errors) and clearly was a pale shadow of himself at Leeds.  He was a great manager in his day but we can't ignore the evidence that he wasn't the manager he was three or four years ago and hope for the best.

When he left Leeds in April they were on a dreadful streak of form and 5 points off relegation.

He struggled a lot at QPR in his last season there (his own players were screaming at him from the pitch about his tactical errors) and clearly was a pale shadow of himself at Leeds. He was a great manager in his day but we can't ignore the evidence that he wasn't the manager he was three or four years ago and hope for the best.

Harry Redknapp struggled at QPR as well yet had more money to spend in Jan , funny that. A lot of fans even said why did they get rid of Warnock as nothing improved.

At Leeds as soon as he announced he was going to quit at end of season the form plummeted , please do research

Harry Redknapp struggled at QPR as well yet had more money to spend in Jan , funny that. A lot of fans even said why did they get rid of Warnock as nothing improved.

At Leeds as soon as he announced he was going to quit at end of season the form plummeted , please do research

the form was plummeting before he went it was one of the reasons he went, he had won something like 1 game per month from the beginning of the year in the Championship, and one of those was against us! :)

He said this in the middle of February, the form had gone way before that.  lets not forget, he said he was leaving due to the fans calling for his head.

Ironically, given what you've just said, you have your facts a bit muddled.  A bit unsurprising for someone who thinks Cotterill was SOD's assistant. 

I know quite a few QPR fans and all of them know exactly why they got rid of Warnock.  He announced he was going to quit Leeds due to dissatisfaction from the fans about their poor results - yes, the results got even worse after that but the rot was already well in place.

Perhaps you might like to step outside your glass house next time you fancy a stone throwing contest?

Archived