IGNORED

Name One Manager Appointed By The Fans?

mookey

There aren't any 

The fans don't pick Managers, never have, never will

So please everyone please chill out, relax and go with the flow  

We will all find out soon who the new man is and all the whinging, moaning and insults on this 'chat line' wont change that

All this outpouring of aggression and threats and blame culture  is really pointless.

Whoever the new manager is just get behind him and lets move forward

Well, my number one choice was McInnes when Millen left 2 seasons ago. And when Del left I said on Facebook something along the lines of "I don't care if he's kicking and screaming. We need to snatch SO'D from Nottingham, now he's left Forest".

Think it's best I don't have a favourite at all .... *warnock*....

There aren't any 

The fans don't pick Managers, never have, never will

So please everyone please chill out, relax and go with the flow  

We will all find out soon who the new man is and all the whinging, moaning and insults on this 'chat line' wont change that

All this outpouring of aggression and threats and blame culture  is really pointless.

Whoever the new manager is just get behind him and lets move forward

Did Dagenham and Redbridge choose their manager?  they certainly choose to sell a useless lump to us!

Well, my number one choice was McInnes when Millen left 2 seasons ago. And when Del left I said on Facebook something along the lines of "I don't care if he's kicking and screaming. We need to snatch SO'D from Nottingham, now he's left Forest".

Think it's best I don't have a favourite at all .... *warnock*....

This.

Wanted Coppell as manager a whole year before Johnson was finally sacked.

I'm saying nowt.

And look what a disaster that has been! Er...

It wouldn't work here, it wouldn't. We know it wouldn't. Aiz, you, me, and all the old 'uns on here, we're lucky. We've seen top flight football at AG, City beat Liverpool, on the cusp of greatness, and hold their own for a couple of years with the best. Think of younger fans!

Weren't Ebbsleet United owned by their fans or something...so the fans technically chose some of their managers?

I think chairman may have been influenced by fans in the past with managerial appointments but they are never ever going to admit it!

That is the team, i mistakenly said Dagenham and Redbridge

Directors and chair types are fans,* by and large (cue barrage of Lansdown abuse) regardless of emotional outbursts on here. So, most managerial appointments are made by fans. Just fans with wedge, and a business career of endless success and brilliant recruitment.

*They must like football, if not the club in question, a bit, to plough thousands and millions into the club.

Most wanted Coppell..

Most wanted Mciness when given a choice between him and robins..

Most wanted SOD..

Yeeeah

I was in the Robins camp - although I do admit I thought McInnes would be decent for us. Especially when I read all the glowing references from St J fans. Problem was, he just didn't know English football. Now that might've been OK if we'd apointed an Italian or Spaniard, but getting players from football's backwater was not so good

For our next appointment, I'm like Mookey & I'll go with the flow and give the new man a chance.

All these names suggested have some successes (as well as a few failures) and as long as they adhere to the long-term plan and get us out the drop zone, I'll become a happy clappy again.

Realistically, as I've said elsewhere , every appointment and  sacking would have been welcomed by a percentage of the fan base. It's just the loudest voices

are the ones who are unhappy with the decision.

It's also true that each and every choice and decision made by the board (bad or bad  ;) ) would have been done with the best intentions,

no one deliberately sets out to do poorly.

Hindsight is 20/20  as someone once said, so we can all look back and make the right decision.

Copple ( wasn't my first choice but I was happy) disaster !

Millen (did well made sense ) wrong

McInnes ( I thought was a good appointment ) poor

SO'D  ( actually looked forward to the season ) results say everything

Copple would be the only one on that list that no one wanted out, and that's only because he legged it before he had a chance to disappoint .

Off the top of my head one appointment would have gotten near 100% approval , Joe Jordan's 2nd go ,  and that didn't work either.

Yes there were other popular managers I know but no-one will please everyone.

I said to a Cardiff fan who was going to boycott their promotion party, enjoy it as it's Your club you'l regret not being there in years to come.

What will happen is , someone will come in ( I think I would prefer Tisdale but what do I know), it will upset lots and please a few.

Support will carry on turning up.As results improve gates will improve. People fall in and out of love with the club for various reasons but,

there can be only one (anyone who changes team I have no time for ), and people will return! It is OUR  club when Managers,players/boards come and go, it's still our club. Initially it may be a choice, eventually it isn't.

Anyway my soapbox return is over due so I'm off, apologies for my witterings, but I will be in the Coopers for the next game hopefully discussing how well the new man is going to do.( or doing)  :fingerscrossed:

Archived