IGNORED

I Refuse To Go If..

David Brent

On the basis of their personality or relative success it seems bizarre (to refuse to attend). Very childish to spit your chips.

You'd think most people knew what they were talking about, reading this forum, their views are that strong. As they can't all be right there must be some other explanation.

Too many Billy Big B*******.

Give them a soap box in front of the rest of us, in person, and ask them to explain in detail the merits of their preferred and rejected candidates and they'd melt.

..Cotterill / Warnock / Tisdale / Di Canio / Appleton is appointed.

Seriously? Get over it.

Holloway I could sort of understand the reaction. But grown men refusing to go because they'd rather we didn't appoint a particular manager. Ha.

Blimey, managers get less and less time these days.

Yes, good point. Cotterill, or whoever it is (Cotterill) will not be here long, everyone will get the coach of their choice, the rate we're getting through them. So hang in there! Warnock in 2014?

Football fans are fickle, not just city fans, but if holloway was appointed and we started climbing the table he would go from being the worst possible choice because he is a gas bastard to a very astute appointment?... The majority of fans on here need to wake up and admit that holloway is a very decent and capable candidate to keep this side out of the bottom division regardless of any past!

It's not about the specific personalities, it's about what they represent in terms of the way the club is run. The board are talking about, the long term, the future, putting a plan in place, having a certain ethos. The appointment will tell me and many others on here whether that is just talk or whether they genuinely have a way forward that they are willing to follow. The decision to sack SO'D was a worrying step that suggested that they don't have the courage of their convictions, they have to replace him with someone who by their previous record and reputation says, we are committed to making this happen, even if the personnel changes.

I'm a paying customer. I'll decide how i spend my money: it's nobody else's business.

Warnock has built a career sending out teams that kick, punch and elbow their way to success (yes, he's had some success) whilst acting the pantomime whinger himself. I would choose not to give any money to a club that operated like that.

I've paid for this year's season ticket, so even if Warnock were appointed I'd go to some games, but the club wouldn't get any more of my money while he managed the club.

Apart from him (and maybe Di Canio, but I'd be astonished if SL had anything to do with him) I wouldn't automatically take a break from the club on account of anyone else being appointed.

But if we get more of the dross we've watched for the last four or five years, with no immediate prospect of improvement, I'd have to think very hard about getting a ST next year. I go to football looking for some entertainment. If I'm not going to get that and there's no prospect of improvement I might decide to spend my time and money on something else that I do enjoy. I almost took a break for the 2012/13 season because going to the games had become so unenjoyable.

Other people see things differently. What they do with their time and money is none of my business. But only one person is going to decide what I do with mine.

Seriously? Get over it.

Holloway I could sort of understand the reaction. But grown men refusing to go because they'd rather we didn't appoint a particular manager. Ha.

Seriously? Yes.

It is not all about results if it was we could support one of the more succesfull multi national brand FC's.

If you dislike the direction the club is taking you cease to support it. That has nothing to do with "these days", it has always beeen such. In the days of Osman City's support dipped by 40% due to decisions made by Manager and board.

The next appointment by a board many have next to nil faith will highlight where BCFC is positioning itself.

All well good BCFC having this principled pillar rhetoric guff. It will be the clubs actions [not just results] that decide if they are worth supporting anymore. Fans with decades of constant support have been drained of their enthusiasm by the autocratic "custodians" of BCFC.

Its easy to "grow up" here. Do I actually like the club anymore? Answer in the negative and the mature thing to do is question why do I attend.

I am barely a fan of BCFC anymore. I am barely a supporter. Perhaps it is time to become a consumer after thirty years plus of almost constant support, seasons of 30 and 40 + plus games.If the product is good I will attend, if it isn't I won't. A results fan if you wish it to be BCFC.

Warnock - watch the famous abandoned game v West Brom and his comments after.

I couldn't support such a vile cheat at City.

Holloway - "The only good City fan is a dead one" Some of the beige brigade clap the guy which is embarrassing enough, but actually managing City. Sickening. I wouldn't be part of that.

End of the day it's all irrelevant, as neither are candidates. Warnock is retired and not even Jon Lansdown would be stupid enough to give Holloway the job, not that the guy would want it.

It's not about the specific personalities, it's about what they represent in terms of the way the club is run. The board are talking about, the long term, the future, putting a plan in place, having a certain ethos. The appointment will tell me and many others on here whether that is just talk or whether they genuinely have a way forward that they are willing to follow. The decision to sack SO'D was a worrying step that suggested that they don't have the courage of their convictions, they have to replace him with someone who by their previous record and reputation says, we are committed to making this happen, even if the personnel changes.

This post is absolutely spot on.

Seriously? Get over it.

Agreed. Almost as pathetic as that old woman on TV few weeks ago who refused to go until SoD was sacked.

Utterly pathetic.

Football fans are fickle, not just city fans, but if holloway was appointed and we started climbing the table he would go from being the worst possible choice because he is a gas bastard to a very astute appointment?... The majority of fans on here need to wake up and admit that holloway is a very decent and capable candidate to keep this side out of the bottom division regardless of any past!

Based on his previous with Rovers and based on how poor he was at Crystal Palace, I disagree.

I'm a paying customer. I'll decide how i spend my money: it's nobody else's business.

Its not the same as shops though. With football you are stuck watching your team you can't just go to another.

I will back whoever, even if I don't believe their appointment is correct. I thought Wenger should go this summer, look at him now!

I didnt agree with her ( Kate ) in her opinion of sod but respected her decision and supported her here and on facebook. I will say from the outset that having met Ian Holloway walking our respective dogs in Oldland Common and his stance on Bristol City I have come to respect him from an opposing point of view. I dont hate him but dislike his views regarding Bcfc and the fact that I can not see him bevoming dispassionate about them and doing job for us in the five pillars philosophy which I broadly go slong with. My feelings are just as strong the other way si I get his stance and feelings. If he were to be made manager I would not go to the gate till the decision and he had won me over. The appointment would massively dissapoint me as would Warnock and De Canio the latter two again because of operating within the five pillars and dare I say I dislike Warnock even more than Holloway. De Canio would be the lesser of the three evils due to the style of football he likes to play Aside of The Bristol divide I actually admire Holloway and think him a decent bloke and he fundamentally is honest and passionate two of the things I like the most in someone, Warnock is devoid of honesty

mate,so right-if he came here,got us to a mid-table finish this season and pushing for play off positions next they would in the main fall silent bar the odd colicky grizzle.would be good to see a bit of passion and positivity-poor old SOD,saying pre-Sheff Utd we should be more concerned with not losing,against a side with an even worse record than us was laughable and just not on-maybe pushing the button himself is all i can think.??..i dont feel this board has the mettle to give it to Holloway and will bottle it yet again.feel i would like to get off of this rollercoaster at times but just cant do it!..its not just Ikea thats ruining my life!!!  

To be honest, with the chance the club now have of thinking about who they hire and going out there and getting someone to inspire - if they end up with Steve fricken Cotterill then I will struggle to summon the enthusiasm to drive down the M4 on a Saturday to watch.

Its not the same as shops though. With football you are stuck watching your team you can't just go to another.

I will back whoever, even if I don't believe their appointment is correct. I thought Wenger should go this summer, look at him now!

It's not the same as SOME shops: I have to buy some food and clothes SOMEWHERE. But I can stop buying music or books altogether if I want. The football situation is more akin to that.

I wouldn't SUPPORT another team if I didn't have a City season ticket, but I quite enjoy watching live football for its own sake. So I would probably go to see some games (including some City games, no doubt) particularly going to grounds I haven't visited before. Watching a match as a neutral isn't the same as watching one where you care about who wins, but I quite enjoy that too.

I hope it doesn't come to it, but if it doesn't become a bit more enjoyable watching City I might just need a break.

Seriously? Get over it.

Grown men refusing to go. Yerp they do. They become strangers and eventually Bristol City get spoken about in another tense like it is brown bread is some way.

Lots of chaps who know other chaps who USED to be Bristol City chaps but now are not. They got over it ... ALL of it.

EVERBODY has their terms and conditions, not obvious with some what those terrible things called are principles are, but they are there with EVERYBODY.

Seriously? Yes.

It is not all about results if it was we could support one of the more succesfull multi national brand FC's.

If you dislike the direction the club is taking you cease to support it. That has nothing to do with "these days", it has always beeen such. In the days of Osman City's support dipped by 40% due to decisions made by Manager and board.

The next appointment by a board many have next to nil faith will highlight where BCFC is positioning itself.

All well good BCFC having this principled pillar rhetoric guff. It will be the clubs actions [not just results] that decide if they are worth supporting anymore. Fans with decades of constant support have been drained of their enthusiasm by the autocratic "custodians" of BCFC.

Its easy to "grow up" here. Do I actually like the club anymore? Answer in the negative and the mature thing to do is question why do I attend.

I am barely a fan of BCFC anymore. I am barely a supporter. Perhaps it is time to become a consumer after thirty years plus of almost constant support, seasons of 30 and 40 + plus games.If the product is good I will attend, if it isn't I won't. A results fan if you wish it to be BCFC.

Fair enough. I'll have to believe you about the Osman days. 40% decrease before a ball was kicked seems high mind.

I completely understand people being unhappy with the club at the moment but I'm saying I don't understand how people can be so against a new manager and get so upset without giving him a chance.

We're all BCFC fans and want the best but we are what we are and we are where we are. IF we managed to become a successful team with Cotterill it becomes difficult for those fans to return.

TBH, I probably find it difficult to understand because I can't go myself.

Fair enough. I'll have to believe you about the Osman days. 40% decrease before a ball was kicked seems high mind.

I completely understand people being unhappy with the club at the moment but I'm saying I don't understand how people can be so against a new manager and get so upset without giving him a chance.

We're all BCFC fans and want the best but we are what we are and we are where we are. IF we managed to become a successful team with Cotterill it becomes difficult for those fans to return.

Its not the manager, its the board and owner. They are killing this club. They lurch from one cockup to another, continue to make the same mistakes and never follow anything through.

Cotterill unfortunately plays a type of football that is not in line with what the board preach. So they are lying yet again.

I have no problem with cotterill in principal, not that I woukd turn up much as I don't pay money to watch that type of football. I think the problem goes far higher than the appointment of cotterill, he may just be the straw that broke the camels back.

To be honest, with the chance the club now have of thinking about who they hire and going out there and getting someone to inspire - if they end up with Steve fricken Cotterill then I will struggle to summon the enthusiasm to drive down the M4 on a Saturday to watch.

Perhaps you should have been careful what you wished for, as one of SO'D's most frequent critics

Osman started with crowds of 11000 + and cultivated them to minus 8000. It highlights that many despite the CTID cliche have a breaking point. There have been deep and significant dips in City support in the past. People do give up supporting the club for many reasons.

Last night there was a social gathering of 150 or so City fans in BS3. The general mood was of confusion, disullusion and anger directed at those who are running BCFC.

BCFC have a lot of work to do to restore trust in the club. That goes beyond the Managers results.

They have to prove they are worth supporting. It is a simple task to not buy a season ticket. There are other things in life.

Who knows what the next manager is going to be like until it happens. Look at the last appointment, i wanted SOD for the job but it just didn't work out. Who's to say, if it turns out to be Cotterill, that it could be the best thing to happen to the club. Look at Brendan Rodgers, failure at Reading then perfect fit for Swansea. Holloway had a nightmare at Leicester then turned out perfect fit for Blackpool. You just do not know what is around the corner in this game.

Mutually exclusive events.

Removing O'Driscoll was right thing to do.

It does not mean we need to appoint Steve Cotterill.

But it's the same names in the frame now as when SOD was still in the job.  

This has always been the danger, that the alternative could be worse than what we already had.  In May, hindsight will tell us if the club have made the right move, but at this point in time, I'm far from convinced they have!

Seriously? Get over it.

Wouldn't take a lot of notice mate.

Reading some of the other threads, some of the ones threating to withdraw their support, haven't been going anyway.

Not happy because a new man is replacing SOD, but haven't been going because the football and results have been shite under SOD?

Work that one out!

Archived