IGNORED

I Refuse To Go If..

David Brent

The irony is all the stick "Ashton Kate" got for saying the same thing.

Many people believe she and fellow fans with the same mindset got their way, so is it any wonder other fans want their voices heard too?

Personally I've never seen the fan base so divided, and I can't see fans, or club and fans, being reunited very easily in the future. Sad times for Bristol City Football Club on and off the field.

• Admin

There's managers I haven't rated before and I've still attended. I don't particularly like Warnock's management style or rate Cotterell but I'd still go but I draw the line at Holloway.

I get why he hates us. I respect that he hates us. I don't blame him that he hates us. But even if he came here and did well, I could not stand there whilst all the plastics around me sang "Ian Holloway's Cider Army, BCFC" I'd be sick to my stomach. I have a little thing called self-respect and I personally could not attend City matches whilst that Gas **** was in charge.

I hate the idea of Holloway being Gas and managing us but the thing is with Holloway is he's passionate, he doesn't hold back from saying what he thinks and I don't think for a second he'd put up with a lot of crap. Having said that the same could be said about Di Canio and I think he's the only thing that would make me walk away right now so I can understand many peoples stance.

I personally think Holloway is a good manager, Di Canio I think is a terrible manager and would be a terrible decision. I think my acceptance of Holloway would come in knowing he is a good manager even if he is a bit of a d*** whereas Di Canio is a bad manager and a d***.

All of that said I don't think we can do better than Holloway as much as I hate to admit it, I'd certainly take Holloway over Cotterill. I think all this talk of Holloway, Warnock etc is us just over expecting anyway, I can see someone like Cotterill getting it and we'll have gone from bad to worse with a mediocre manager who can't do any better. I think for the first time in a very long time I'm actually worried about what is going to happen.

As I posted on another thread the other day, almost all of the realistic candidates for this job are people that I either don't like and/or think are poor managers. Whoever should be the chosen (unlucky) one though I will without doubt get behind and support as if I wanted them here for years.

That does however come with one exception. Ian ******* Holloway. There is no way I could ever support that little gas ****. It would simply go against absolutely everything that this club and football in general means to me. If he ever gets openly welcomed into Ashton Gate, City simply couldn't be the same team that I fell in love with. It would stand for absolutely nothing, no better than Cardiff with their red shirts.

Surely changing a manager is to be viewed the same as making a sub or bringing in any player. He has to be an improvement, an upgrade to what we had already. We can't gloss over the fact that SoD's record was pretty abysmal here, but many of the names mentioned are hardly any better or would come with a whole set of additional problems.

Usually after the initial feelings of when a manager leaves I actually feel a bit of excitement about appointing a new one. This time it just fills me with dread.

I stopped going because it was becoming a chore. I was bored stiff with the style of football under Johnson, Millen x2 and the final straw was McInnes. All of these had one thing in common - 1-0 up was a score to be protected and not a stepping stone to 2-0. When Sod was appointed I thought I'd have to start trudging down the M4 once again giving his reputation, but trying to eke out points with one striker up front and one shot on target in two games makes me glad to say goodbye to him.

My happiest time following City since the seventies was under Danny Wilson so I'd have him back or anyone (not Holloway though) who can get the side going out on the pitch to smash the opposition as opposed to trying to edge past them. A bit of power and pace and an attacking focus and I'll be back to watch the product again.

Archived