IGNORED

It Won't Be Cotterill

italian dave

Just heard the Cheltenham Chairman on RB. Still in touch with Cotterill and saying he's ambitius, choosy about the next step in his career and that he will only go to a club that's ambitious, has a good strong board and stability. Also mentioned how a new ground would be attractive. All that seems to rule us out then!

What's he actually done?

I don't see his CV jumping out at me.

I mean Forest sacked him and replaced him with SOD for crying out loud.

I think there are probably enough posts on here now that detail his career.

Otherwise I suggest Wikipedia.

What's he actually done?

I don't see his CV jumping out at me.

I mean Forest sacked him and replaced him with SOD for crying out loud.

Actually he went to Florist and kept them up when they were looking at the drop, new owners came in (arabs) and promptly sacked him.  Loads on the net about him as well, about keeping Burnley up despite having to sell all best players !    I found out a bit about him at the weekend from a good friend who lives in Nottingham.  He also did a cracking job at Notts county and since he left have been in decline.  Its all on the net.  

I am not a fan of his and know little about him, until all this surfaced at the weekend,  but I cannot really understand all the vitroil being put out about him .  If he is appointed time will tell.

He is also a West country bloke, I have a feeling he would do alright for us.   Lets wait and see however.

Just heard the Cheltenham Chairman on RB. Still in touch with Cotterill and saying he's ambitius, choosy about the next step in his career and that he will only go to a club that's ambitious, has a good strong board and stability. Also mentioned how a new ground would be attractive. All that seems to rule us out then!

To be fair we have an ambitious board, a stable owner, our aim is to be a competitive championship club (yea I know we cant even manage it in league one atm) and we have a redeveloped (basically new) ground in the pipeline. Im sure that's how the board have sold it to him anyway!

Don't think it is Rudolf, have you looked at his record ? have you seen any of his interviews ? I'm not going to fall out with anyone tonight though !

Oh. I ain't falling out with anyone Tim but thankfully, there are but a very few "horrible despicable" people in this world - some dictators, a dead Yorkshire DJ and a Welsh dead prophet to name a few but a football manager? No, as I said, OTT mate.

Did well at Cheltenham and did well at Burnley

Admiitedley did ok-ish at Cheltenham, but that was 12 years ago..................but Burnley?.....he was there for around 3 and half years and had 34% win record, not exactly sensational. Hes a journeyman Mr Average...about as exciting as a car scrapyard.....and always reminds me of Alan Partridge. If he comes to Ashton Gate, I will remain a supporter of the club....but I wont be attending any more matches, as, if this man is appointed it will reek of cheap option desperation....and will indicate to every other team how lacking in ambition and ideas we are.  Please God that the bookies are wrong,and that this man will never manage Bristol City.

Admiitedley did ok-ish at Cheltenham, but that was 12 years ago..................but Burnley?.....he was there for around 3 and half years and had 34% win record, not exactly sensational. Hes a journeyman Mr Average...about as exciting as a car scrapyard.....and always reminds me of Alan Partridge. If he comes to Ashton Gate, I will remain a supporter of the club....but I wont be attending any more matches, as, if this man is appointed it will reek of cheap option desperation....and will indicate to every other team how lacking in ambition and ideas we are. Please God that the bookies are wrong,and that this man will never manage Bristol City.

What And if results improve significantly, will you attend or will you cut your nose of to spite your face?

I've seen his career record and i ask again what has he actually done?

A more pertinent question might be what percentage of managers have actually won something ?  I take it you are referring to his lack of honours as a manager ?

Admiitedley did ok-ish at Cheltenham,

Ok-ish?

**** me, they were in the division BELOW the Conference when he went there, by the time he left they were in the same league as we are now. They also reached the fifth round of the FA Cup.

This despite poor gates and no money at all.

I understand you don't rate him but at least try to show some perspective, regardless of whatever he's done since that is a phenomenal achievement.

What And if results improve significantly, will you attend or will you cut your nose of to spite your face?

Held a season ticket for around 10 years..home and away for around 20......as i am older now...and realise how much money I have wasted on watching sub standard football (The excitement of watching Jacki, Andy, Bob and early Nicky was some compensation) I now have other priorities..but City will ALWAYS be my team, I now attend around 6/7 games a season..but if Cotterill comes, it will to me signal dark days ahead, and a complete lack of any ambition.  So I will spend my hard earned on going to watch Arsenal a couple of times and wait for Cotterills inevitable sacking...hopefully commonsense will then prevail and Phil Parkinson or Mark Cooper will be installed and I will return to watch a team I can be proud of. If results improve significantly under Cotterill I will probably spend my time watching Sus scrofa domesticus through my telescope as they pass overhead.

• Admin

Trust me prestbury I'm plenty mad at the state of the club ! and one of the reasons we're in a state is because of the board appointing journey men yes men like cotterill, sack the board !

What Managers aren't journeymen?  Ferguson, Wenger, Moyes and Gradi maybe, apart from them, just about all the rest at every level are on and off the Managerial merry-go-round with alarming frequency.  Only the first timers can't be classed as journeymen, but they either get their initiation done and become card carrying members or they fade away into obscurity.

Ok-ish?

**** me, they were in the division BELOW the Conference when he went there, by the time he left they were in the same league as we are now. They also reached the fifth round of the FA Cup.

This despite poor gates and no money at all.

I understand you don't rate him but at least try to show some perspective, regardless of whatever he's done since that is a phenomenal achievement.

Your correct.....I probably let my dislike of him colour my judgement...but he left Cheltenham over 11 and a half years ago, and has not done a great deal since........maybe he peaked too early.

Admiitedley did ok-ish at Cheltenham, but that was 12 years ago..................but Burnley?.....he was there for around 3 and half years and had 34% win record, not exactly sensational. Hes a journeyman Mr Average...about as exciting as a car scrapyard.....and always reminds me of Alan Partridge. If he comes to Ashton Gate, I will remain a supporter of the club....but I wont be attending any more matches, as, if this man is appointed it will reek of cheap option desperation....and will indicate to every other team how lacking in ambition and ideas we are. Please God that the bookies are wrong,and that this man will never manage Bristol City.

He's unexciting? As opposed to the thrill quests that were SOD's interviews....

Archived