IGNORED

Backlash...

spudski

Can anyone who can't get behind the club please p*** off down to Broadmead, buy a replica Arsenal shirt and confine themself to pub TV football.

That's not directed at you BTW Spud, but some of the OTT responses on other threads are doing my head in.

we have turned into n/forest b team the worst decision this board could have made, they wont get another penny from me i will support from my armchair or as you say go shopping, by the way i have been a supporter since 1960!

Can anyone who can't get behind the club please p*** off down to Broadmead, buy a replica Arsenal shirt and confine themself to pub TV football.

That's not directed at you BTW Spud, but some of the OTT responses on other threads are doing my head in.

stupid comment, mindless and pathetic.

The board have turned our club into a utter shambles, can't even turn up for a Press Conference to introduce a new manager, only willing to do private one to one interviews that they can control.

pathetic.

I've supported the club since the 60's and it's never ever been so alienated from it's hard core fan base, even after the 80's crash. In fact that got us closer together.

I've lost count of "Die Hard" fans who used to follow City every week all over the country, who refuse to go now at all, as it seems the club are taking the piss.

Until a proper Chairman who has the ability to connect with the supporters is put in place, nothing will change, it's supposed to be a club for God's sake!

Valid point Rowley. Hell and high water will not stop me attending but I feel disheartened by this appointment. As well as the fans being alienated we are in-fighting in a way I've never seen before. There's reports  of  scuffles in the ground. I see arguments  around me in the Dolman and look at OTIB.

I also know many who didn't renew their season ticket over the summer, not because of SOD but because of the board. This appointment really needed to unite club and fans but I fear it may have driven the wedge in even further. I hope it works out for Cotterill as I did with S'OD but I've a feeling he will be afforded little leeway by the fans. 

There's serious discontent at AG at present. Wins and performance will soothe matters but a staying rooted in the relegation zone will cause unrest.

Such a massive over reaction to this appointment. I don't know if this guy is going to be any good but he needs to make a go of this as he's not done anything since Cheltenham, the club need to make a go of it as we've had too many crap appointments and the  players need it to work as they are staring relegation in the face (again) so we've got to embrace it.

SOD leaving is yesterday's news and a separate issue.

Saying you're not going to go down anymore is only shooting yourself in the foot and a knee jerk reaction to feeling alienated by some terrible decisions by the board. It happens but at least we're not  being made to play in blue or being renamed etc, these are just bad decisions not malicious or mercenary ones.

I think what sparked my first post on this thread was some bloke writing Bristol City rip and that he'd never go again.

I thought, Christ! In the early 80s we dropped like a stone through the league, ended up 92nd, had crooks in charge and became a national joke. I remember Not The Nine O Clock News did a skit about Lord Lucan being found playing centre-half for Bristol City. He was arrested by police at Ashton Gate "a little known site ill-frequented by the general public".

That was as bad as it gets. We turned that around eventually and we will again.

I didn't want him, but nonchalent to SC coming in. 3 and a half years though is inexcusable. It is utterly utterly ludicrous and whatever tough time awaits the board and SL is frankly deserved.

I didn't want him, but nonchalent to SC coming in. 3 and a half years though is inexcusable. It is utterly utterly ludicrous and whatever tough time awaits the board and SL is frankly deserved.

and what if he turns the season around and wins us promotion next year?

If Cotterill gets the team winning, all those claiming they'll never go again will be back with their tails between their legs. I wasn't happy when they sacked SOD and I'm not particularly happy with his replacement, but we've been through worse before

I'm really enjoying how our fanbase have progressed from the standard "I could manage a football team better than that professionally trained bloke with years of experience in the dugout" to "I could run a multi-million pound sporting organisation better than a collection of experienced and successful businessmen (JL excepted I suppose)". This isn't Football Manager; you can't delete the save game if it doesn't work out in he first few games of the season. Massive mistakes have undoubtedly been made, but everyone just needs to chill the **** out

and what if he turns the season around and wins us promotion next year?

You're missing the point.

I am nonchalent towards SC. In some respects I think he is the short term solution and I do believe he might actually produce some results that could see us stay up. At what cost to style I can cope with until May.

I cannot agree with committing to his salary for the next three and a half years. It is nonsensical. That kind of security should not be given to a man coming in to a relegation threatened club, not on the 3 December when we have a real fighting chance of staying up. That kind of security also does not and should not go to a man who is out of work. He might have had another offer but I truly believe him when he said this job was really attractive to him and he wanted it (not only for 3 and a half year's wages!!!) and so we had somewhat bargaining position. You offer 3 and a half years to someone in a job to tempt them to jump ship and come to you. You do not offer it to someone who is currently out of work when you hold the cards - or certainly the majority of them.

Archived