IGNORED

Backlash...

spudski

... I seriously can't remember the last time our fan base seemed so despondent at a managers dismissal and the next appointment.

It wasn't this bad when they appointed Tinnion and Millen...

Worrying times... if the Club continue in the same vein with results, I can see people leaving in their droves... the Club, appointment and decisions being made, don't seem very popular at the moment... I truly hope things turn out for the best. :pray:

True dat. I can't remember a backlash starting before the appointment has been officially made!

But maybe it will work out? I thought McInnes and SOD were good appointments and that didn't work, so maybe an appointment that no-one seems to want will come good! All I know is that I would like the club to be referred to by the media without the prefix 'struggling', as it seems we've been 'struggling Bristol City' for years and years...

Can anyone who can't get behind the club please p*** off down to Broadmead, buy a replica Arsenal shirt and confine themself to pub TV football.

That's not directed at you BTW Spud, but some of the OTT responses on other threads are doing my head in.

Do you ever take your tounge from the clubs arse?

Can anyone who can't get behind the club please p*** off down to Broadmead, buy a replica Arsenal shirt and confine themself to pub TV football.

That's not directed at you BTW Spud, but some of the OTT responses on other threads are doing my head in.

Oh do me a favour. I'll be attending only away games from now on, I'll still be supporting City and always will, but I'm not giving a penny to those ***** who are ruining our football club.

Yeah because following this club blindly has helped it so much in the last 3-4 years....

nI reply to Red Robbo...

You clearly can't feel the pain that it seems a majority are feeling.

And to be honest... be careful what you wish for, because many are leaving and many more I fear, will leave.

Everyone wants to 'support' BCFC... but how do you support a Club when you have no confidence in the board or the owner in their footballing decisions?

Do you turn up in blind faith? How do you show your disapproval without damaging the Club we all love?

I can't remember the last time I've seen so must disappointment and annoyance at those running our Club...

Oh do me a favour. I'll be attending only away games from now on, I'll still be supporting City and always will, but I'm not giving a penny to those ***** who are ruining our football club.

But you cannot know this will "ruin" the club, CP. I respect anyone can have an opinion on the appointment, but we haven't seen what will happen yet. Cotterill would not have been my first choice, but I'm prepared to reserve my judgement until I see how he does.

nI reply to Red Robbo...

You clearly can't feel the pain that it seems a majority are feeling.

And to be honest... be careful what you wish for, because many are leaving and many more I fear, will leave.

Everyone wants to 'support' BCFC... but how do you support a Club when you have no confidence in the board or the owner in their footballing decisions?

Do you turn up in blind faith? How do you show your disapproval without damaging the Club we all love?

I can't remember the last time I've seen so must disappointment and annoyance at those running our Club...

We have to remember that the empy seats started appearing under SOD. Where I sit, at least half the regulars were staying away until SOD was sacked.

Ultimately, if we start winning more at home, crowds will drift back. If we go down, AG will look like the Mary Celeste.

• Admin

But you cannot know this will "ruin" the club, CP. I respect anyone can have an opinion on the appointment, but we haven't seen what will happen yet. Cotterill would not have been my first choice, but I'm prepared to reserve my judgement until I see how he does.

In my opinion it is more about how the appointment was made, the reasons that are clear to all to see.

Yoo are right this may turn out in time to be a great appointment, but equally look around the variety of posts etc from those fans that support clubs SC has managed before - THAT is why people are fearing the worst, why should things be any different for us, when the same mistakes have popped up at the previous clubs SC has managed?

No, we don't, but the lie from the board about taking their time to find the right appointment, and instead only interviewing one man confirms to me that they are full of crap and hold the club's support in contempt. I've had enough and I want them out of our football club. By driving the supporters away they are killing it.

This is the equivalent of getting stung by a spider and just hoping it's not the poisonous type... at what point do the fans take action. There is not one of our fans arguing that this man IS the right man yet we have an overwhelming saying they don't want him here and that they think he is not.... how can he do his job even if he is capable when there is no faith in him at all and no support?

People pleaded to give SOD time, no-one listened and whilst a large number think SOD would have turned around the situation the board sacked him after knocking Orient off of the top of the table.... it doesn't take a genius to see that even if Cotterill is capable of saving this club he isn't the man who's going to revolutionise us and take us forward and hence he is not being welcomed by many.

I've got behind so many managers in the past only for it to bite me in the a*** so if I don't feel like backing a man I have no confidence in to start with I won't, not any more. I've also lost my faith in the Lansdowns now, until now I thought they were doing their best but seeing this club slowly rot is changing that view entirely, especially when I can see a Malaysian with no clue about English football driving a Welsh club into the top flight of football... it's gone beyond a joke now.

I've supported the club since the 60's and it's never ever been so alienated from it's hard core fan base, even after the 80's crash. In fact that got us closer together.

I've lost count of "Die Hard" fans who used to follow City every week all over the country, who refuse to go now at all, as it seems the club are taking the piss.

Until a proper Chairman who has the ability to connect with the supporters is put in place, nothing will change, it's supposed to be a club for God's sake!

As much as the vast majority appear to abhor this appointment, me included, we have no choice but to back him on match days. If it goes Pete Tong I believe Jon Lansdown and Keith Dawe should step aside. If it becomes a success we should thank them for standing firm in the face of such vitriol.

But which football club is run like a people's collective? We don't have some right to choose the manager and given everyones opinion on Coppell, McInnes and SOD maybe it is just as well we don't.

Cotterill doesn't have to be a great manager, only to be better than the last bloke and keep us up.

As I said elsewhere, he failed at Forest, but the job he faces at the bottom of L1 is different from that he faced in a club expecting to be top 2 in the Championship.

As with Mr O'Driscoll, I want to base my opinion on what I observe here, not past reputations.

Id love to respond to this in my own way but id get banned

he's only got to win 3 league games to be a better manager then SoD this season, not really hard is it

Of course that would hardly be fair on almost every level. The man has to work with what he has got through December and then he will only bring in 1 or 3 in the window. The work Sean has done and those he brought in to help him as well as Keith Burt should be remembered for laying what I believe were very decent new foundations. In short, I doubt whether Hoof Ball-Cottrill would have faired any better had he been appointed 11 months ago.

Red Robbo... I agree many fans only enjoy going when we are winning.

But many many fans still wanted the Club to keep the last manager in place.

Not because it was SoD... but because we cannot keep sacking managers... it doesn't and hasn't worked.

We have 27 games left to play this season and are only a couple wins away from safety. 3 wins, 3 Draws and 2 losses from our last 8 games... things were getting better... no team was over running us and we lost those two games 1-0. Often it wasn't down to tactics that we didn't get points, but individual errors... that would even out over a full season.

This has nothing to do with SoD... but it has everything to do with sticking with a manager.

Everyone in football is surprised at the timing of SoD's dismissal... it stinks.

This is not about what manager is sacked or put in place.

It's the realisation by many, that this board and owner are ruining this football Club and it's apparent from actions and from what certain people have said... that this board and owner can only work with lap dog managers.

Fans want to support City with all their passion... but can't when they feel they don't trust the owner and board anymore.

I've truly lost all faith in them... I'd rather see them go than support what they are doing. I don't trust them.

I know you like them, because you have a certain 'connection'... so it will be like hitting my head against a wall... but that's how I feel and having spoken to a few and reading comments on here... it seems that is the case that is common.

Id love to respond to this in my own way but id get banned

*laugh*

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.

I do not argue that everyone has to be thrilled at every decision the board makes or hold up an I Love The Lansdowns sign.

But we're in a relegation scrap, and it would benefit the guys wearing red shirts if we put that to one side, get down the Gate and cheer on our side. Who knows, we may win more than we have so far this season...

... I seriously can't remember the last time our fan base seemed so despondent at a managers dismissal and the next appointment.

It wasn't this bad when they appointed Tinnion and Millen...

Worrying times... if the Club continue in the same vein with results, I can see people leaving in their droves... the Club, appointment and decisions being made, don't seem very popular at the moment... I truly hope things turn out for the best. :pray:

Spudski you must move in different circle to me, most fans I know were over the moon to see the back of O'Dismal

Good luck to the new manager

Red Robbo... I agree many fans only enjoy going when we are winning.

But many many fans still wanted the Club to keep the last manager in place.

Not because it was SoD... but because we cannot keep sacking managers... it doesn't and hasn't worked.

We have 27 games left to play this season and are only a couple wins away from safety. 3 wins, 3 Draws and 2 losses from our last 8 games... things were getting better... no team was over running us and we lost those two games 1-0. Often it wasn't down to tactics that we didn't get points, but individual errors... that would even out over a full season.

This has nothing to do with SoD... but it has everything to do with sticking with a manager.

Everyone in football is surprised at the timing of SoD's dismissal... it stinks.

This is not about what manager is sacked or put in place.

It's the realisation by many, that this board and owner are ruining this football Club and it's apparent from actions and from what certain people have said... that this board and owner can only work with lap dog managers.

Fans want to support City with all their passion... but can't when they feel they don't trust the owner and board anymore.

I've truly lost all faith in them... I'd rather see them go than support what they are doing. I don't trust them.

I know you like them, because you have a certain 'connection'... so it will be like hitting my head against a wall... but that's how I feel and having spoken to a few and reading comments on here... it seems that is the case that is common.

We've had 7 managers in 13 years, Spud, I think that's about average nowadays. Not ideal, but par for the FL course.

Two wins from safety is right, but unfortunately the teams above us might also win their next two. We aren't in a very good position.

As for this board at the moment, I think negativity breeds negativity and that leads some to go laughably OTT. It was against that I was reacting.

I said under O'Driscoll, if we play awfullly, but win 8 games 1-0 we will all but sell out the 9th

Results are about more than just goals scored vs goals conceeded (see our shambolic defence over the last couple of years) BUT points are ultimately what decides where we lie; i'm happy to play the chairmans game, points are all that matters now 15 points from the next 10 games at least, then we can kick on having played Wolves, Coventry & Leyton Orient twice.

- and a 3 1/2 year contract, following the O'driscoll saga, rolling contract does not suit a manager when owners appear to be trigger happy - a fixed contract gives the man whoever he is, that little bit more security.

Archived