IGNORED

Intelligent Passing V Idiot Hoofing

dezgimed

SOD

2 wins in 18 league games. 15 points.

SC

TBC

----

Lets see how they compare in 18 games time.

Personally I saw plenty of hoofball from SOD's team, in fact after every game this forum was full of people moaning about whoosh balls to Baldock so lets forget this passing football myth.

Hang on why are we counting this season?, SOD had last season erased from history because it wasn't his team.

I'm counting this season because its the season we're in. Transfer window/3 month break between seasons. Completely different.

That puts SC at a disadvantage, but my point was I feel he'll get more than 2 wins.

Fair to say there was actually less hoofball today than we have become accustomed under SOD. Baldock actually had a lot of good chances today because the ball was played in and around his feet as opposed to whistling around his ears via a 60 yard pass from Flint

We played well today, and like I have said previously there is already obviously more tempo and direction to our passing. You don't have to pass it around short to be a good side, tapping it about at the back getting knowhere does nothing. That said we played some good incisive passes in their half and for poor finishing and bad luck it could have been 3 or 4 0, and we would of deserved that.  if this is 'idiot hoofing', il take it any day over the utter dross that odriscoll served up.

Best piece of football today or even all season was the double triangle move between Burns and Cunningham on the Williams touchline deep into the second half.

Forget all this crap about teaching "decision making" and "playing in the right areas" stuff like that should be instinctive to our players and if it isn't then they should be looking over their shoulders come January.

SOD

2 wins in 18 league games. 15 points.

SC

2 wins in 4 league game. 7 points.

----

Gotta add, today was very entertaining football and wouldn't say any was particularly long ball or hoofing!!

Are we gonna get this after every game?  Just come back after 18 games with your final analysis please mate.

Yes, aside from all the past differences about our last manager, I'd imagine it's unanimous that going to the Gate is, once again, entertaining.

I like this forum feature.

I don't.

How many long balls did we play today? they were long and into space. With the intention of Baldock beating the offside trap which is exactly how a long ball should be played in an attacking sense. We also switched play doing so along the sides out to the likes of Wagstaff. But it seemingly came off!

There's a Buddhist story that goes like this;

Two monks on a pilgrimage meet a woman who's scared to cross a rain-swollen river. One of the bends down to take the woman on his shoulders, carries her across the stream and puts her down on the far bank.

His companion is scandalised and, for the next hour, lectures him about his vows and the perils of contact with women. The first monk finally stops and asks "Are you still carrying that woman? I put her down four miles back".

Some posters here could learn from that monk :nono:

There's a Buddhist story that goes like this;

Two monks on a pilgrimage meet a woman who's scared to cross a rain-swollen river. One of the bends down to take the woman on his shoulders, carries her across the stream and puts her down on the far bank.

His companion is scandalised and, for the next hour, lectures him about his vows and the perils of contact with women. The first monk finally stops and asks "Are you still carrying that woman? I put her down four miles back".

Some posters here could learn from that monk :nono:

:fear:

Do we do this every time City win/lose depending on which side of the argument your supporting?

Different circumstances and not comparable. The only thing I'm interested in judging SC by is our final league position and what division we are in next year!

No it was meant to compare the two men after the same number of games, after SC got absolutely hammered before managing his first game.

No it was meant to compare the two men after the same number of games, after SC got absolutely hammered before managing his first game.

Well, if that is the point, as I said earlier in the thread, come back after the 18th game.  It's a tad boring seeing this thread pop up after every game.

The arguments been done to death. Compare them on games this season but you have to factor SCs "honeymoon period". Take SODs first 12/18 whatever games and the results look different, but also a different league.

It really isn't comparable

Archived