IGNORED

I Would Like A Quick Consensus Of This Decision If I May

M_Porter

A simple yes or no, dont worry about contract lengths etc ! I just want to know what % on here are happy in general at this.  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Penis didn't fail because the fans were against him.  He failed because he ripped the soul out of this club in brutal fashion and didn't actually want to be here in the first place.  I remember an interview he did a few years after leaving when he was manager of Sjoke and saying that he was pleased to be back at AG managing a club that plays in red that he wants to manage.  He was here because Scott Davison chucked a load of money at him.

Apologies if that's not what you were suggesting but it certainly seemed like you were saying that Penis failed because he didn't have the backing of the fans.

I think the thing here is:

1) Did the fans in general want Cotterill? No

2) Are the majority of fans happy that he was appointed? No

3) Does any serious fan want him to fail regardless of the above?  NO

We are where we are.  We just have to hope that he proves pretty much everyone wrong.

I wish this poll had asked the question: Will you be giving SC the benefit of the doubt? Or ... Will you be getting behind him?

Something positive in a difficult time.

I Just watched the interview and maybe he's what the club needs. Strange and slightly negative body language when talking about youth though. I think he will bring in experienced players to shore-up the team.

Ah well ... onwards and hopefully upwards

Agree with this, because although I cannot say this is definitely a good appointment, I'll judge him on how he performs at the Gate, not what a bunch of Florist fans reckon.

Agree with this, because although I cannot say this is definitely a good appointment, I'll judge him on how he performs at the Gate, not what a bunch of Florist fans reckon.

I have a sneaking respect for the Forest fans (and club) they know their football and have a history most clubs would give up a nut for.

Usually I would disregard negativity from another clubs fan base...but not this time.

I am going out on a limb here but if you took the average OTIB contributor (perhaps yourself Mr Robbo?) and an average Forest fan, you would get more sense, humor and reality from the latter.

I have a sneaking respect for the Forest fans (and club) they know their football and have a history most clubs would give up a nut for.

Usually I would disregard negativity from another clubs fan base...but not this time.

I am going out on a limb here but if you took the average OTIB contributor (perhaps yourself Mr Robbo?) and an average Forest fan, you would get more sense, humor and reality from the latter.

Sorry I'm so average! :laugh:

I've always found Forest fans to be big-headed, awash with unrealistic expectations and living on past glories. But I guess we must've met different fans!

can you see into the future then?  or would you perhaps be better served suspending your mystic meg skills and seeing how it all pans out?

I can see into the past and I know this guy's record. Of course he might have a sudden conversion on the road to Ashton, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Clearly a horrific decision but what I'd be interested to see is of the minority who wanted rid of Sean O'Driscoll, how many prefer Cotterill? I imagine the answer even among that specially qualified group is very few.

I think now is the time to put pressure on the owners to seek to sell the club. They've taken it as far as we can allow them to.

Clearly a horrific decision but what I'd be interested to see is of the minority who wanted rid of Sean O'Driscoll, how many prefer Cotterill? I imagine the answer even among that specially qualified group is very few.

I think now is the time to put pressure on the owners to seek to sell the club. They've taken it as far as we can allow them to.

What not even give the new manager 18 games to prove himself; I prefer anyone but hollowhead to dreary; a new dawn has begun

I don't see this as clearly a horrific decision. How can anyone possibly know that. If the results pick up with the same players, we might begin to form a more considered opinion of SODs performance. Lets wait and see. 

Sometimes managers and clubs just click. Imagine if forest fans could read a Leeds forum back in the 70s, Brian Clough, don't touch him with a barge pole. 

I don't see this as clearly a horrific decision. How can anyone possibly know that. If the results pick up with the same players, we might begin to form a more considered opinion of SODs performance. Lets wait and see. 

Sometimes managers and clubs just click. Imagine if forest fans could read a Leeds forum back in the 70s, Brian Clough, don't touch him with a barge pole.

When it's a decision that the vast majority of fans do not support it's a horrific decision by definition in my opinion.

When it's a decision that the vast majority of fans do not support it's a horrific decision by definition in my opinion.

If he does really badly or we knew today, with absolute certainty that he was going to do badly, I'd then call it an horrific decision. We don't have the answers yet.

I was fairly neutral on SODs appointment. On reflection, it has to said that that was a truly horrific appointment, in my opinion of course.

Tiny Penis failed for 3 reasons:

1. Hoof ball - lots of and it was not really effective
  2. Journeymen - no hopers, has beens, never will bes - he loved them, they loved the wages
  3. Let's be honest, he was ex-Gas and Welsh, not a great starting point

Number 3 would not have been an issue if numbers 1 and 2 hadn't been so horrific to bear.

Personally, I'm not inspired by SC's appointment, but I'll back him and the team.  I just wish it had worked out for SO'D.  Actually, I wish it had worked out for Del...

Which begs the question - just how representative is this forum of the whole of the support?

Well it's a huge chunk of the support given 12k members, so "very representative" is the answer when you're talking about polls and statistics.

It's a bit weighted towards younger people because of the medium though.

When you're talking about posts, you can't tell because you only every see the extremes and a vocal minority can mislead.

Which begs the question - just how representative is this forum of the whole of the support?

It might be a fair reflection of the hard core support. If we want to fill the ground again, it's the casual supporters we need to impress. Results and league tables have a heavy bearing on their decision to visit Ashton Gate. I can't imagine too many of them worry about whether they like the manager or not.  

I believe he'll get more than 2 wins from 18 games. 18 games that included plenty of hoofball.

We'll see. Can't be any worse IMO.

Wow Nibor !

I enjoy reading your posts and are one of the more level headed on here, which is why i take this comment pretty seriously !

Do you really think it has got that far along now, and that we need to seriously consider ousting the board ?

I agree they are not very inspiring but damn thats' a big jump.

I appreciate there are 2 camps with regards our debt and some of the tiny minded people actually think we have that debt, when clearly it just gets wiped every year by SL.

As i have said a big jump, are we really at that stage now ?

Cheers

Mark

I've said "yes" simply because what's done is done.  He is the manager and I want us to stay up so I'm going to support him and hope for the best.

Oh i concure, how ever i have voted "No" but that dosn't mean he wont get my backing until such times as he loses it.

Do you really think it has got that far along now, and that we need to seriously consider ousting the board ?

Compare the club's overall position now to the club's overall position when Lansdown took control.

We're in a far worse financial position. A worse league position. We have made no progress on the stadium (we already had plans to redevelop). We have no notable difference in success with developing young players. We have a worse experience at the ticket office and turnstile. We have less engagement between fans and players as well as between fans and the board. We are changing managers every year. We have zero responsibility taken by the board.

I cannot find a reason to expect things to improve. I can find many disasters that the Lansdowns have presided over and some have been repeated mistakes of the exact same type.

Lansdown and his boy mean well but the reality is they've proven themselves over a long period of time to be fundamentally incompetent at running a football club. It's time for them to put the club up for sale and seek out new owners.

Archived