IGNORED

Sorry To Pee On Peoples Cornflakes...

Bar BS3

Having just listened to SC's first interview on Player, I like what I hear....

Of course, the proof will be in the pudding, but several myth's were dispelled and certain aspects were addressed that make me feel a little bit more positive.

Highlights include

Not a personal friend of Keith Dawe (so this was obviously petty shit stirring from some on here)

Focus on how WE play and not be dictated by what the opposition do.

Play at a high tempo and look to pass the ball. "zip the ball around"

Keen to give youth a chance and reels off an impressive list of players that he gave the "big break" too.

Mix youth with experience to help them learn.

Keep to the long term plan.

Will be moving to Bristol because he likes to work long hours and get stuck into the job.

Describes himself as "hard working, honest, knowledgable, discaplined.

Focus on winning games and getting results.

I know that words mean little, but these are all the things that I wanted to hear - so go for it SC and hopefully prove many on here wrong. This would include myself, but now is the time to be positive and SUPPORT!!

Not a personal friend of Keith Dawe (so this was obviously petty shit stirring from some on here)

That was taken from local journalist Chris Spittles on twitter who stated:

@ChrisSpittles Cotterill has a good relationship with City chairman Keith Dawe, who has championed him in the boardroom for some time

Unsure if 'personal friend' but they certainly know eachother...

As I say not overwhelmed, but hey ho, we've had worse.

As I also said earlier, don't worry Mr Cotterill because BCFC fans are fair minded and even handed what ever happens this season will not count because this is not your team or mess, so you can start your particular 'transition' at the start of next season and you can be judged after 18 games just like your predecessor was, fairs fair.

PS:- Save us from relegation first.

Talk is cheap. Any muppet can have a look through the threads on here and see what we do and don't want from a manager then say the right things.

The views of the forest fans suggest either many forest fans are lying about the way he likes his teams to play, or he is!

He - as any new manager does - will have my support. All I want this season is to stay up. That's depressing in its own right.

As much as I'll get behind the appointment these first interviews are a well trodden path. You can pretty much script them. He forgot to mention putting more meat in the half time pies.

Of course. I'm not naive enough to think it was likely to be a negative interview, but he specifically commented on most if not all of the main aspects for concern at his appointment - which is what I wanted from him.

If this turns out to be nothig more than lip service (over a reasonable period of time. I'm not expecting miracles) then I, along with many others will turn against him, but for starters he has commited to provinding the main things that we need, so at this point in time he has my full backing.

Talk is cheap. Any muppet can have a look through the threads on here and see what we do and don't want from a manager then say the right things.

The views of the forest fans suggest either many forest fans are lying about the way he likes his teams to play, or he is!

He - as any new manager does - will have my support. All I want this season is to stay up. That's depressing in its own right.

Yes but in hindsight that is all SOD really did, was talk a good game.

if his self confidance and belief can rub off on the players we may start winning games,

Performances have to be set aside winning is whats important, winning breeds confidance with confidance comes performances, SoD was too concirned with performances and not winning which was his ulitmate downfall

He also said... we will have a short term plan... again ffs :facepalm:

And that the board have always wanted him, before other managers we've employed, but he hasn't come, because he's been employed at other Clubs.

got to be better then sod's long term plan, your boyfriend has taken us to 22nd in the league 4 points a drift from safety with 2 wins in 27 games...................................

if his self confidance and belief can rub off on the players we may start winning games,

Performances have to be set aside winning is whats important, winning breeds confidance with confidance comes performances, SoD was too concirned with performances and not winning which was his ulitmate downfall

This

Monkeh...stop being a ****... and have some sensible debate for a change :facepalm:

Mate you're the whatever you called Monkeh, we are in the shit, we need a short term plan to get us out of the shit, that is the serious/only debate at BCFC at present, the long term plan continues with the academy, if you cannot see that you need serious help.

Monkeh...stop being a ****... and have some sensible debate for a change :facepalm:

I will once people stop slitting their wrists,

I see you chose to ignore the post I made about confidance breeds performances in order to have yet another swip at people who think its a good call to get rid of a head coach who has just 6 wins in 38 games............

Mind you why does it bother you so much you won't be going  to the games and supporting the team like others will

Archived