IGNORED

I'm Not Annoyed At Steve Cotterill, I'm Annoyed At The Lies

Jesus

They said it could be three days, they said they would get on the case as quickly as possible, they clearly had someone like SC in mind - so once again WHERE ARE THE LIES?

The lies are they picked the right fit for the job. You cannot chose the right fit if you have no choice. So they have not as they said, chosen the right man, he was the only man. He may turn out to be the right man. But if he fails miserably, there will be only one way the fingers are pointing. To a board that lied when the said they would choose the best fit for the club.

Dress it up as not being a lie all you want. But it is.

has anyone got a tap on jl's phone? he might well have phoned others,he might have got hung up on or laughed at, causing him to embarrassing hang up himself. we dont know what was going on before sods sacking either.

he might have tried the one they wanted most first and got a 'yes,i am interested.

who knows except jl himself who or how many he phoned.

as for his statement, there is no lie in 'we may find the right man in 3 days',as far as i see it,its going to take at least 3 days to talk to anyone to thrash out a deal,that doesnt happen over a phone call.

point im getting at is we have to go along with it anyway so why waste time getting in a stew about what might have been going on,lets get on with it and get up the soddin table

The lies are they picked the right fit for the job. You cannot chose the right fit if you have no choice. So they have not as they said, chosen the right man, he was the only man. He may turn out to be the right man. But if he fails miserably, there will be only one way the fingers are pointing. To a board that lied when the said they would choose the best fit for the club.

Dress it up as not being a lie all you want. But it is.

OK you think that then.  No point continuing - enjoy wallowing in your misery and throwing cheap insults around.

has anyone got a tap on jl's phone? he might well have phoned others,he might have got hung up on or laughed at, causing him to embarrassing hang up himself. we dont know what was going on before sods sacking either.

he might have tried the one they wanted most first and got a 'yes,i am interested.

who knows except jl himself who or how many he phoned.

as for his statement, there is no lie in 'we may find the right man in 3 days',as far as i see it,its going to take at least 3 days to talk to anyone to thrash out a deal,that doesnt happen over a phone call.

point im getting at is we have to go along with it anyway so why waste time getting in a stew about what might have been going on,lets get on with it and get up the soddin table

But that's exactly the problem. If he WAS top of our wanted list, do you really feel confident that this club is in safe hands?  I sure as hell don't!

It may have turned out that SC would have been the best qualified manager who was interested in us, but shouldn't the board have at least waited long enough to find that out?

Stinks of total incompetance to me.

But that's exactly the problem. If he WAS top of our wanted list, do you really feel confident that this club is in safe hands?  I sure as hell don't!

It may have turned out that SC would have been the best qualified manager who was interested in us, but shouldn't the board have at least waited long enough to find that out?

Stinks of total incompetance to me.

How long did we wait before appointing O'Driscoll after McInnes was sacked?

Didn't hear too many complaining about the quick appointment on that occasion - purely because he was a more popular choice with the fans (Myself included).

My impression from watching the interviews is that the club wanted him here when the job came became vacant previously, but he was already employed and so it didn't happen. So if he was previously the preferred choice then it seems a straightforward decision to offer it to him on this occasion if he was interested and available.

My impression from watching the interviews is that the club wanted him here when the job came became vacant previously, but he was already employed and so it didn't happen. So if he was previously the preferred choice then it seems a straightforward decision to offer it to him on this occasion if he was interested and available.

Ah yes. The same people that were aware of millen before coppell or mcinnes before millen, the same board that were aware of sod before mcinnes are now aware of cotterill before SOD! Amazing isn't it, all these managers they were aware of, but were not deemed good enough at the time, but are deemed good enough once the previous one failed!

Going by this judgement, and the way they pick their managers, whst are we giving Cottetill? 14 months.

Due diligence my rosey red arse!

Why would anyone be annoyed at Cottrill for? This isn't his fault and ever since he was the nailed on favourite my issue hasn't been with him.

I didn't want this bloke but I will back him 100%. He needs our support and has to hit the ground running.

I personally just don't understand the board. So many lies or broken promises. It just doesn't all add up.

I dont think its lies. I dont think this board are capable of telling lies. I just think its lack of leadership, lack of vision and lack of any kind of long term strategy. Reactive instead of proactive management.

Tme for them to stand down.

Step down and who exactly takes over? You aren't offering much of a solution here.

• Admin

I've not come across any lies whatsoever in respect of SCs appointment. Its quite plain and simple to understand what JL said.

If anyone can show where JL said what he is accused of saying, point it out - should be simple enough.

Otherwise, it could be construed that some people on this thread are lying.

One place where this was written was in the Westcountry Independant from Sunday the manuscript of Richard Latham's interview is on there, he asked the question and was replied to as many have mentioned above.

The other thing to look at, on the clubs 'You tube' channel there is an interview on there with JL that was released late Thursday afternoon, he says that (the club) "have not spoken to anyone yet", not looking to make any rash decisions in making the next appointment.

If I were the owner/ chairman whatever (ha) and even if I had made my mind up to appoint Cotterill I think just out of pure curiosity I would have invited applicants. You never know who might apply, some amusing, some surprising. At least it would have been a bit of fun, and you never know when you might need a shortlist in the future. The 'other' SC can't already be forgotten?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20131204-cotterillonsquad-1214977.aspx

And so it starts, 5 pillars, seems we can make an exception to it now because we are in trouble, then what happens, theses new old heads are suddenly dropped for the kids they will be replacing? yeah right, first little earthquake under the foundations of the 5 pillars!

Five pillars: 

- one was community, but most fans didn't want Cotterill, so that one's gone.

- second was youth, players under twenty five. Cotts abandoned that today...

The Community refers to the Community Trust. City's outreach programme. It doesn't imply that new managers have to be elected by a majority.

As for abandoning youth, explain what you mean? As Ralph points out, SOD brought in Harewood, Shorey and O'Connor.....

I'm sat here, and I'm ashamed to admit that I have totally lost faith in Bristol City football club, and I'll tell you why.  I am fed-up with being fed lie after lie.  Its a constant stream of fluff that spews out of clubs mouths that really gets to me.  Ashton Vale, the ticketing system, ticket checking, giving the manger time, the 5 pillars, not giving managers long contracts, taking their time to find someone, etc etc etc.  I don't trust a single word that comes out of the club anymore. 

For me, the icing on the cake was bottling the the press conference.  I respect a man for making tough decisions, but today really annoyed me.  It just goes to show how weak and out of his depth Jon really is.  

Why are the club treating us like a bunch of idiots? Why do they feel the need to constantly lie?   Does anyone else feel like this? Or is it just me? 

I've got very similar feelings on this.

I heard JL answer Twentyman's questions last Friday saying that they had no-one in particular in mind for the job.  Bullshit, pure and simple.

Archived