IGNORED

I'm Not Annoyed At Steve Cotterill, I'm Annoyed At The Lies

Jesus

I'm sat here, and I'm ashamed to admit that I have totally lost faith in Bristol City football club, and I'll tell you why.  I am fed-up with being fed lie after lie.  Its a constant stream of fluff that spews out of clubs mouths that really gets to me.  Ashton Vale, the ticketing system, ticket checking, giving the manger time, the 5 pillars, not giving managers long contracts, taking their time to find someone, etc etc etc.  I don't trust a single word that comes out of the club anymore. 

For me, the icing on the cake was bottling the the press conference.  I respect a man for making tough decisions, but today really annoyed me.  It just goes to show how weak and out of his depth Jon really is.  

Why are the club treating us like a bunch of idiots? Why do they feel the need to constantly lie?   Does anyone else feel like this? Or is it just me? 

With you completely Dicksy, was going to start a thread along the same lines

I wish SC all the best, because he is going to need it. The board no show is a complete and utter piss take for the fans. God knows I didn't expect KD to show his face, but JL should've sat shoulder to shoulder with his new man and introduced him

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't realise until last Sunday that we were playing Orient on Tuesday night. In previous seasons I could tell you the fixture list off by heart. It's also sad that I seem to get kicks out of pointing out where I feel the board are going wrong and completely out of touch with the fans on here, twitter etc

Maybe it's an age thing, I'll always support City - but I just don't care as much anymore. And days like today remind me why, and why I shouldn't feel that ashamed or sorry

In answer to the Op's last question... they treat us like idiots because we are.

They have us by the short and curlies...

They know as fans... that regardless of our moaning and what decisions they make, fans will still turn up every week and pay their money and support City.

Until people stop going in numbers, it will never change.

We can moan all we like... but they will say and do what they like to suit their agenda.

Football Clubs actually approve forums like this, as it allows fans to vent their anger...instead of doing it at the ground.

They know there will always be fans that brush aside their mistakes and lies, and welcome another manager to the fold... and support blindly... because we are BCFC...

It's these type of fans that are actually hindering the Club...without knowing it.

If you don't go... then things would have to change and the board would have to listen... it is as simple as that.

Right now... I'd rather start all over again with new owners and board at a lower level... this drip drip death will continue for a long time imho.

I'm sat here, and I'm ashamed to admit that I have totally lost faith in Bristol City football club, and I'll tell you why.  I am fed-up with being fed lie after lie.  Its a constant stream of fluff that spews out of clubs mouths that really gets to me.  Ashton Vale, the ticketing system, ticket checking, giving the manger time, the 5 pillars, not giving managers long contracts, taking their time to find someone, etc etc etc.  I don't trust a single word that comes out of the club anymore. 

For me, the icing on the cake was bottling the the press conference.  I respect a man for making tough decisions, but today really annoyed me.  It just goes to show how weak and out of his depth Jon really is.  

Why are the club treating us like a bunch of idiots? Why do they feel the need to constantly lie?   Does anyone else feel like this? Or is it just me? 

Exactly how I feel.

I was dead against appointing Cotterill, but he himself isn't the issue.

• Admin

I think one of the main concerns is that the board were quoted as saying they were going to take their time in making this appointment and interview a number of candidates before making a decision. BUT SC said that he was phoned last Thursday and offered the job

I think one of the main concerns is that the board were quoted as saying they were going to take their time in making this appointment and interview a number of candidates before making a decision. BUT SC said that he was phoned last Thursday and offered the job

If that's true, then the board is lying.

I don't have much time for SC; I described him as a pillock elsewhere and stand by it. However, I don't think he tells lies, and I know that the board does.

I'm not one for bashing the board but I am losing faith in them. I don't know why they didn't have any representative today and that to me just looks rude and unprofessional. It's not as if there were members of the public (fans) in attendance who were likely to get a bit heated. What kind of impression does that give to Cotterill that no one attended with him except the press officer, it's just plain bad manners. Unless he wanted it, but why would he? Dawe or whatever his name is even knows the bloke. Unbelievable.

As Chairman or spokesman you have to be seen at these sort of things. You have to take the rough with the smooth, the good bits (announcing new players or stadiums) with the bad, sacking of managers (God knows how they told Sod) and answering questions about appointments of the next one.

Just when I think I've heard it all they shock and sadden me again. Embarrassed.

Today we all should have been excited about who will be our new manager. Tuned in at 11.00 to be told, and then dared to dream.

Instead we are told 24 hours before.

I expected that our chairman would annonce the new manager, no one not one of the spineless crew.

The new man has signed a twelve month rolling contract. once again no 3 1/2 years.

So instead of a feeling of excitement, I hold my head in shame.

If we lose at Tamworth and our first home match. I just hope city fans show the board how you feel and not just come on here and have a moan, like me.

Amen great post by the op. For me its either lies or lack of leadership and sticking to a plan. Either way credibilityis crumbling. Think our woes clearly lie in a lack of leadership up top. Questions need to be asked and the board need to look at themselves long and hard. I don't doubt for a second SLs commitment finacially but I do question the board its leadership and forsight

you could have guessed that the 5 pillars was just a smokescreen for cost cutting, it didn't take much imagination to see what the motivation could have been. sadly, i thought the board were being sincere in that they wanted to develop a long term strategy, after the events of the past week i feel like the board have taken me and thousands of others for fools.

Amen great post by the op. For me its either lies or lack of leadership and sticking to a plan. Either way credibilityis crumbling. Think our woes clearly lie in a lack of leadership up top. Questions need to be asked and the board need to look at themselves long and hard. I don't doubt for a second SLs commitment finacially but I do question the board its leadership and forsight

I am going to use the analogy of a Reliant Robin here... the name in itself is an oxymoron so that should be sufficient but its always fun to elaborate; When you drive one you feel like you are in control, you feel like you are heading in the right direction and you feel safe (well if you go in a straight line that is and with no wind up your backside or in your mid drift) But because it is sold as a car and taxed as a bike it is largely neither and so is basically a vehicle not to be trusted or accepted on face value; in short don't believe the sales spiel. And there was me thinking they stopped making these about 400 years ago.

That is exactly what they said, and they didn't know who they wanted, they would take time to make the right appointment.

Well as I have been saying for the last few years, they are a bunch of ******* liars. lie after lie after lie, and the gullible still fall for it.

Get them out of this club.  As for Cotterill, I have no opinion, other than, I hope his football is better than some of the fans of his ex clubs suggest, if it isn't expect the faithful 7000 to try and keep attending.  

If that's true, then the board is lying.

I don't have much time for SC; I described him as a pillock elsewhere and stand by it. However, I don't think he tells lies, and I know that the board does.

And Steve speaks so highly of you?  What exactly have you achieved in football?

Umm when did he say this? They were talking to him the day they released the statement. By cotterill's own admission.

They didn't find him in 3 days. They had him lined up before that if they had him down there on Thursday as Cotterill said in his interview.

Don't let the smoke and mirrors fool you.

At the risk of repeating myself - please can someone show us where the board actually said "they were going to take their time in making this appointment and interview a number of candidates before making a decision"?

That's the accusation.

You make a point that "they were talking to him the day they released the statement".

As I've already pointed out, JL said "we'll get on the case as quickly as possible".  And that's exactly what they did.

So where are the lies??

At the risk of repeating myself - please can someone show us where the board actually said "they were going to take their time in making this appointment and interview a number of candidates before making a decision"?

That's the accusation.

You make a point that "they were talking to him the day they released the statement".

As I've already pointed out, JL said "we'll get on the case as quickly as possible". And that's exactly what they did.

So where are the lies??

So the last paragraph suggesting 3 days or 3 weeks but it has to be the right fit... okay fine. How do you know you have the right fit when you only talk to one man... by their own admission. That, is bloody stupid, you have no one else to compare him against. So how can they be sure he is the right fit.

I say again smoke and mirrors. They are full of shite and have not taken due diligence in this recruitment exercise.

So the last paragraph suggesting 3 days or 3 weeks but it has to be the right fit... okay fine. How do you know you have the right fit when you only talk to one man... by their own admission. That, is bloody stupid, you have no one else to compare him against. So how can they be sure he is the right fit.

I say again smoke and mirrors. They are full of shite and have not taken due diligence in this recruitment exercise.

They said it could be three days, they said they would get on the case as quickly as possible, they clearly had someone like SC in mind - so once again WHERE ARE THE LIES?

Archived