IGNORED

Jl's Youtube Interview

Phileas Fogg

Does Lansdown jnr actually know what he's talking about? Does he have the knowledge or experience if being a football fan?

I mean EVERYONE knows the image Steve Cotterill has. Failure at all clubs bar Cheltenham and Notts County and bitterly accussed as a long ball merchant and widely disliked by the majority of fans of the clubs he's managed.

And yet Lansdown Jnr feels its right to approach Cotterill without anybody else being considered.

Smacks of pig-headedness and ignorance.

Forget the millions because as said earlier its useless in todays rules so in an ideal world Mr Lansdown snr has had his time.

Time to sell the shares, gives us our ground back, move on and concentrate on his rugby club ( NOT at Ashton Gate)

I'm sure Hugh Jenkins was widely critisiced for bringing Brendan Rodgers into the club at swansea, same with Derby and Steve McLaren

At least the board are taking a risk, even though they are utterly clueless I will give them credit for that

Why the negativity???

The Deputy Chairman has confirmed that 'starting to get some results on the pitch' was a 'key quality [they] were looking for!'

Things are surely looking up?

Not just that but they had previously met SC a couple of times - hence no need to speak to anyone else - obviously!

I'm sure Hugh Jenkins was widely critisiced for bringing Brendan Rodgers into the club at swansea, same with Derby and Steve McLaren

At least the board are taking a risk, even though they are utterly clueless I will give them credit for that

In what way is the Board taking a risk? is SC in some way unknown? surely everyone has a good idea what we are getting? the Board plainly believe it is what we need - others evidently do not - this is judgement (good or bad time will tell) it is not a risk!

In what way is the Board taking a risk? is SC in some way unknown? surely everyone has a good idea what we are getting? the Board plainly believe it is what we need - others evidently do not - this is judgement (good or bad time will tell) it is not a risk!

SC was the least risky option the Board could have chosen. He is Ron Manager made flesh. He's not as bad as some would have us believe, though. He's not the Devil incarnate. He's just a typical mediocre Third Division manager.

Feel sorry for Adam Baker in all this who is a genuine bloke. I'd be surprised if he has a tongue left after all the tongue-biting involved in being Media Officer at BCFC.

The Manager /Head Coach isn't the issue now at BCFC, it's the pig-headed ignoramuses "running" our Club

Adam baker - has he ever said anything of interest on Radio Bristol?

Why does he have that gig, it's not as if he's going to say anything controversial about any of his colleagues is it.

Just watched it - and the theme of a man who doesn't know what he's doing beamed throughout. Constant stuttering.

The fact that 5 days ago he said it will be a 'clear and thorough process' to appoint a new man, then says 'we didn't speak to anyone else because we know Steve from previous times' is nothing short of cringeworthy.

So the first and most important answer to this crucial question: "why was the one man you spoke to the overwhelming candidate for this position?"  Should probably be  "He was by far and away the best man for the job"  or something like "Steve's record speaks volumes" 

But no. It was "Oh... uh... Well we've met Steve a few times....<nervous stutter>" 

Brilliant. 

Which to me loosely translates to "We couldn't get on with O Driscoll, so we've brought our mate in."  

So the first and most important answer to this crucial question: "why was the one man you spoke to the overwhelming candidate for this position?"  Should probably be  "He was by far and away the best man for the job"  or something like "Steve's record speaks volumes" 

But no. It was "Oh... uh... Well we've met Steve a few times....<nervous stutter>" 

Brilliant. 

Which to me loosely translates to "We couldn't get on with O Driscoll, so we've brought our mate in."  

+1

Brilliant. 

All of this is particularly ironic given the fact that our ghostly Chairman Mr Dawe has his background in RECRUITMENT!!

You'd think he'd understand the factors that go into making a successful appointment wouldn't you?  Application, Pre-Assessment, Interview, Comparison, Consideration, Reference, Negotiation, Agreement.

No, let's not bother with that then.  "Hi Steve, it's Keith.  Fancy a job?" "Yeah ok, cheers Keith".  "Good lad, you start Tuesday".

I was really hoping the 'only interview one candidate' thing was the press making things up.

That's just amazing.  Does JL think that's how other football clubs are run?

+1. Breathtaking. I've always felt questioning SL because of his investment was beyond reproach but I'd echo a comment someone else made earlier today about preferring us to be broke and way down the football pyramid than put up with any more of this "let's play running a football club" decision making.

People are untrusting of some of the foreign investors in football clubs, well frankly some of our own benevolent club owners are no less self-indulgent and unable to run a football club either. 

You'd think he'd have more respect for due diligence when it was failures in due diligence which cost us AV.

To be honest his attitude stinks, the role he holds at our club stinks and his record stinks.

I could not hold him in lower regard. If he was truly a fan he'd admit he bit off more than he could chew and walk away, get a job where he earns respect and position based on performance and not his old man - even have some bloody self-respect for doing it on his own two feet.... Nah sod that, he'll keep slurping from the silver spoon.

Dead right. If we had done our research properly, and taken the VG threat seriously, we would be building AV now. To cock up like that, and then make remarks like this shows what an amateurish approach we now have at board level.

And only one interview.....joke. So basically we'd already decided. As was mentioned on another thread, JL playing at championship manager.

Utter bollocks of course about needing SL. Hes an irrelevant feature now.

With financial fair play he's become a massive stone around our necks thanks to the huge debt he racked up before palming us off on his son.

Either own AND lead, or get rid so someone competent can at least make a go of it.

+1

• Admin

Financial fair play means SL can't really spend anymore than anyone else anyway so it's irrelevant now.

Not strictly true. If he wished he could donate money that CAN be spent on player recruitment. He just can't LEND money to be spent on player recruitment. Not that he has to, just pointing out the SCMP rules allow him to.

Archived