IGNORED

First Impressions

harvey54

How many teams do play like Swansea?

Not many, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, struggling after that to be honest. As much as I backed O'Driscoll, 2 wins in 28 games is all he had to show for his brand of football.

And how many teams has SOD transformed into a successful continental styled footballing side?

None, Doncaster had some success but, they also went an unbelievable amount of games without winning.

The club can still choose to play better football, but it doesn't need to go all in straight away. You can do this gradually starting with the youth system, get them to play in the style you want and over time when the better players breakthrough your style adapts.

Right now we are in the shit, O'Driscoll was suffering from tunnel vision trying to get his style and processes right, deflecting all criticism of results away from the players, I was starting to think the players believed that if the performance was right that is all that mattered, they were almost forgetting why they were there.

There are many more teams who strive to play that way with less spectacular results or with variations on the theme, but they try. What is the point of having the kids being brought up to play one way only to find the first team playing another?  I wonder if Joe Morrell is now considering whether he made the right decision to stay here instead of going to learn under Brendan Rodgers? People complain about the kids not getting a look in or the academy not producing players for our first team, I honestly can't see this appointment help that at all.

And this:

On 27 May 2010, Notts County announced that Cotterill had left after failing to commit his future to the club. Notts County chairman, Ray Trew said of Cotterill "The job that Steve did for us here will live long in the memory of all Notts County fans and, as is a mark of all great managers, he leaves the club in a much better position than when he arrived."

So forget what Forest fans say.

Spot on, I am amazed at the anti Cotterill feelings from certain sections of the forum, even before a ball has been kicked. 

I think this interview is one of the better ones to emerge today      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25189059

Forest fans seem to forget they were doomed before he arrived, and only got the heave ho the day after new owners arrived !

As for hoof ball !  What is hoof ball.  Glen Hoddle  was a fine example of the art,  great 60 yard passes into space or feet, is that Hoof ball ?  Is that worse than 30 passes in our own half that go no where before the 'aimless hoof ?'  In the direction of a sole 5'07 forward !

Search the net and you will find on the BBC a news item when Florist fans found out he had been dumped !   I have no agenda, just want the bloke to get a fair 'crack of the whip'.  Some do not seem to want this.

Only time will tell

To me he sounds just what we need right now. Playing at a higher tempo alone encourages me, under SOD the lack of width and

slow build up bored the pants off me, it ultimately ened up with the wosh upfront anyway. Give the guy a chance, can it be any

worse that the dirge we have had of late.

Yeah, god forbid we should have players using their heads and thinking, that way madness lies. We can sit back in our little backwater with our wingers and banging the ball into the box, whilst the rest of the football world moves on and leaves us behind,

That's already happened, it took 4/5 years and last seasons surrender and this seasons 2 wins out of 18 have accounted for that.

Quite a few positives from that interview:- high tempo passing game, play youngsters if they're good enough, passionate and confident (hopefully contagious) and recognition of the need for a more exciting brand of football.

Thought the absence of JL may have indicated a boardroom split but comforted by SC's words that SL remains passionate and committed. 

Heard a lot of bile on OTIB recently. I may have gone for someone else but the decision's made. Time for us to unite again to get out of this hole. 

I read Stokes forum to read about "Quitterall", of course it was all abuse, insults and so on but one Stoke fan said something along the lines of:

"Football fans are so thick, when you are a below average 3rd division club you can't pick and choose a manager", he's spot on

Bu99er! I've run out of Likes. Consider yourself Liked anyway.

Spot on, I am amazed at the anti Cotterill feelings from certain sections of the forum, even before a ball has been kicked. 

I think this interview is one of the better ones to emerge today      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25189059

Forest fans seem to forget they were doomed before he arrived, and only got the heave ho the day after new owners arrived !

As for hoof ball !  What is hoof ball.  Glen Hoddle  was a fine example of the art,  great 60 yard passes into space or feet, is that Hoof ball ?  Is that worse than 30 passes in our own half that go no where before the 'aimless hoof ?'  In the direction of a sole 5'07 forward !

Search the net and you will find on the BBC a news item when Florist fans found out he had been dumped !   I have no agenda, just want the bloke to get a fair 'crack of the whip'.  Some do not seem to want this.

Only time will tell

There's a massive difference in being able to hit long passes and putting the ball usually high from back to front into areas for players to try and win a percentage of the play. One takes skill, the other is the fire and forget scud missle end of the football spectrum. I'd watch Tins put scotty in every day of the week (you know they still got it), and if you're playing the ball into the body of a forward so he can hold it up while you support him quickly then I'm all for that too, just not the 1980s stylie third division fare - but the odd wham bam thank you mam is okay. And there was nothing wrong with the bob taylor/rob turner up front pairing either.

Lets mix up the play and use the right club for the right shot in the right game.

Nurse. Nurse. NURSE!

Archived