IGNORED

I Like Him

dezgimed

Just watched the press clip and call me mad but I like the bloke.

Has a good history with youth.

Passionate about the City and the area.

Understands that slow build up play gets the crowd negative and can unnerve players.

Turned down the opp to carry on coaching at QPR, Redknapp is no mug is he.

Is a hands on old fashioned manager and for me this non coaching decision making empowerment nonsense from SOD was the cause of our troubles. Here we have a bloke who will instruct the players and tell them exactly what to do, which is what we need.

Please don't cite long ball tactics because I've been watching hoofball for the last 10 months and this forum and its comments are testament to that.

Forest fans are negative, but McInnes and SOD ex fans were positive.

Lets see..

I feel better after seeing the press conference. He definately talks well and seems a nice likeable bloke. I can see fans warming to him quickly as long as results pick up. i cant say that i ever warmed to coppell, millen, mcinnes or SOD as a person.

As long as he talks sense in post match interviews i think the relatiinship with the fans will be alright.

I'm not a hater or a keyboard warrior but all this praise for talking positively makes me laugh, what else was he going to say on his first day in the job ?

Will be more interested in his interviews as things progress.

I'm not a hater or a keyboard warrior but all this praise for talking positively makes me laugh, what else was he going to say on his first day in the job ?

Erm, he could have said...

''Shrewsbury are a top team, they'll be up there, we won't beat them, as are Colchester, as are Crawley, and don't expect us to achieve anything, expect a couple of really bad years, because we're in transition''...

SoD said he may not save the club and pre season said we were in for a hard season, both true both not needed as it gets the fans back up,

get fans on side creates a postive atmosphere pick up wins increases that then the team start to play with freedom that in turn create good performances that also keep encourages the crowd to make a postive atmosphere,

Recently we've been too concurned with performances and not with results and its got us into this mess

Thought SC came across well and the sort of character needed at this time.

With regards to the JL point, he was at the press conference, but perhaps thought it better not to give the journalist the opportunity to ask questions about how the appointment was made and when they decided to sack Sod etc etc, would have just brought the whole upbeat tone of the interview down and over shadowed the appointment.

Archived