IGNORED

I Like Him

dezgimed

The appointment of Cotterill to replace O'Driscoll quite neatly mirrors the probable decision to redevelop the current stadium rather than build a new one.

Like Ashton Vale, sticking with O'Driscoll would have been tough, drawn-out and the end result still might not have been popular with traditionalists (not enough "get it forward" for instance) but it would provide a platform for long term success and allow the club to one day compete at the top.

Cotterill's appointment, like redeveloping Ashton Gate, is a pragmatic choice for short term rewards. It will (hopefully) fix things quickly, and the end result will be popular with more traditional fans. However, it will never, ever, lead to long term sustained success at the top level.

I said on the stadium subject that hopefully short term redevelopment of AG doesn't have to mean AV never happens. Likewise so long as the rest of the framework is kept in place, with Burt in overall control, the coaching structure staying and above all the playing philosophy through the club not changing, then the appointment of Cotterill does not have to destroy the long term future of the club.

• Admin

To be fair, a lot of the rest of the country are prejudiced against our local accent and immediately assume we are thick because of it. We know better than that and so I'm taking Forest fans' opinions with a huge pinch of salt. He wasn't my 1st choice but happy to give him a chance now he's here, sometimes managers and a club just click. Hoping for more of his record at Cheltenham and Notts County than his record (in adversity) at Forest or Pompey.

I like what I have heard from him already. No excuses about rebuilding, we need results now.

@bcfctweets: SC: "There's a fantastic long-term plan here with the five pillars. But we'll never get that if we don't have a short-term one."

Come here, "BristolCity?" give us a cuddle! And a kiss! I have waited so long for you to say something nice, and you have! Give us a kiss, go on. Mwuh! Love you, "BristolCity???" Made my day, you have....

I like what I have heard from him already. No excuses about rebuilding, we need results now.

@bcfctweets: SC: "There's a fantastic long-term plan here with the five pillars. But we'll never get that if we don't have a short-term one."

How ironic that one of the most controversial moves made by the club in my time watching them, has led to you posting something reletively positive for the first time ever!

How ironic that one of the most controversial moves made by the club in my time watching them, has led to you posting something reletively positive for the first time ever!

Courageous moves imo, at last something from a manager we want to and can hear

Put in the order of your choice the following words  Speak, louder, words, than, actions.............blimey you lot are easily pleased, a little west country lilt to his accent and your all ready to rent a room!  Derek Mcinnes was articulate, ambitious, charming & spoke wonderfully when he was appointed, where is he now?.....I think I'll wait a bit longer to make my assessment.

I think he's come across very well so far but, there was one comment that niggled me which went something like: "I'm a west country lad and we've all been brought up on rugby, so it's a bit like get up and at them". Well, he might have been brought up on rugby in Cheltenham, with it's public schools, colleges and proximity to Gloucester but that's not the case in Bristol, even if there is a rugby fraternity here.

Take that comment away and I'm already enjoying his positive approach to the game and our club, compared to the previous incumbent.

Just watched the press clip and call me mad but I like the bloke.

Has a good history with youth.

Passionate about the City and the area.

Understands that slow build up play gets the crowd negative and can unnerve players.

Turned down the opp to carry on coaching at QPR, Redknapp is no mug is he.

Is a hands on old fashioned manager and for me this non coaching decision making empowerment nonsense from SOD was the cause of our troubles. Here we have a bloke who will instruct the players and tell them exactly what to do, which is what we need.

Please don't cite long ball tactics because I've been watching hoofball for the last 10 months and this forum and its comments are testament to that.

Forest fans are negative, but McInnes and SOD ex fans were positive.

Lets see..

You must be facing a ban for being so positive...

In all seriousness nice to see a bit of positivity.

Was talking to a work colleague today who is a Burnley fan, and he gave him a glowing report.

Said we got a really good manager, and reaffirmed what Cotterill has said about bringing through youth.

Said it was the best time in recent memory for Burnley in regards to youth players coming through which he attributes to Cotterill.

The appointment is slightly underwhelming. However, he could be the right fit for us and we could be the right fit for him.

If he starts well, then the place will have the buzz back and the fans will certainly take to him, he comes across that sort of bloke.

Good luck Steve, welcome to the madhouse!

The spirtit of 08 was founded by a lets get up and at them manager

A manager who embraced the fans, and the crowd loved him for it.

Took us to the brink of the premiership from a position in his first season not to dissimilar to where we are now

Johnson says warnock is

Bounce around

What I'd give for a rerun of that roller coaster ride

Hang on!!! We've now got an equally barmy, confident man in charge, who's one of ours a West Country boy

Could it just work again??

Was talking to a work colleague today who is a Burnley fan, and he gave him a glowing report.

Said we got a really good manager, and reaffirmed what Cotterill has said about bringing through youth.

Said it was the best time in recent memory for Burnley in regards to youth players coming through which he attributes to Cotterill.

He did a really good job there. Unfortunately people will focus on his time at Nottingham Forrest which is really unfair as apart from the Leeds job think that's the hardest place for a manager in the Championship. They have such high expectations.

The spirtit of 08 was founded by a lets get up and at them manager

A manager who embraced the fans, and the crowd loved him for it.

Took us to the brink of the Premier League from a position in his first season not to dissimilar to where we are now

Johnson says warnock is

Bounce around

What I'd give for a rerun of that roller coaster ride

Hang on!!! We've now got an equally barmy, confident man in charge, who's one of ours a West Country boy

Could it just work again??

I LIKE HIM; RED ARMY

Archived