IGNORED

Sio Much Crap On Otib

davidoldfart

Sorry Maxjak..but it is not YOUR club or indeed one that belongs to any of us.. BCFC  is a business like any other Football club  and we are supporters/ customers .And like any business customers have every right to buy into whatever that business is selling.If you don't like what is on offer shop elsewhere...and yes i have researched SC ,have you? Which teams has he saved from relegation , how many teams has he helped steer to promotion, how many young players has he helped developed to Premier and International level ...before you dismiss him,sit down and have a look at his CV .

As a club in the position it finds itself it cannot attract or hire World class or Premier League managers ,it has made a realistic decision based on track record/availability /affordability and potential to move forward.Whether or not it proves to be the right decision only time will tell but frankly it has nothing to do with us the supporters .I personally would have preferred Ollie . Once we start climbing back up the table all the nonsense written over the last few days will have been forgotten and he will be for a period the best thing since sliced bread. As for the financial coffers are concerned , i do not believe that the meagre contribution made by the supporters covers the cost of the manager or indeed most of the playing staff so you are probably correct,your 6 or 7 visits a season will have no impact. Keep believing and i am certain you will always be welcomed at AG. The king is dead long live the king ....CTID.

I like you dave

Is that you Mr Lloyd?

Price less  Made i laugh !!

:clapping:

Most of the posters  points are true, I get fed up of those who want to 'sack the board' if such a thing can ever happen.  However they are entitled to that opinion even though often confused and muddled !  And indeed while i disagree, they have the right to post their views.  Is a forum not an opertunity for persons with a like minded interest , hobby, passion, to exchange views.  Where were we before the internet !  Who can remember pointless demos outside the Old stand ?  You get it off your chest here, the world we live in !  

Having been an avid reader of posts on OTIB and a supporter for 50 years i have finally given up with the so called supporters of this club...never read so much crap as i have had over the last few days.

Slating the hand that feeds us , slating every decision made, slating every manager we appoint,slating every player ....on and on and on it goes. Negativity and crap ,

Wake up you tossers..this is football.

Think of the positives :

We have an owner who is prepared to invest.

We are on the cusp of a new ground or revamped AG

We have a new Manager

We have one of the largest budgets in the Division

We have one of the highest gates in the Division

We have a raft of good young players with several on the verge of first team football

We have a strong Academy and experienced team of coaches and scouts

We are developing at long last a scouting system

We are Bristol City

Give SC a chance to do what he has done in the past , ensure clubs avoid relegation and help them move to the next level - and bring on talented youth.

If you cannot accept this and support the club - why not try Rovers or Yeovil maybe that would be a happier experience for you and at least i would not have to put up with the rubbish posted on this site.

When you can spell a simple word like 'so' properly, I'll give your opinion credence.

Having been an avid reader of posts on OTIB and a supporter for 50 years i have finally given up with the so called supporters of this club...never read so much crap as i have had over the last few days.

Slating the hand that feeds us , slating every decision made, slating every manager we appoint,slating every player ....on and on and on it goes. Negativity and crap ,

Think of the positives :

We have a new Manager 

We have a raft of good young players with several on the verge of first team football

We are Bristol City

Give SC a chance to do what he has done in the past , ensure clubs avoid relegation and help them move to the next level - and bring on talented youth.

If you cannot accept this and support the club - why not try Rovers or Yeovil maybe that would be a happier experience for you and at least i would not have to put up with the rubbish posted on this site.  

....I actually don't believe you've supported this club for 50 years because I remember people moaning about this that and the other on the terraces when we were a top flight club 1976-80. As for BCFC having a strong academy - bollux - our academy's been going over 10 years and can't even be relied on to produce the calibre players necessary to keep us up in the third tier of English football.

Think of the positives :

We have a new Manager

We are Bristol City

....I actually don't believe you've supported this club for 50 years because I remember people moaning about this that and the other on the terraces when we were a top flight club 1976-80. As for BCFC having a strong academy - bollux - our academy's been going over 10 years and can't even be relied on to produce the calibre players necessary to keep us up in the third tier of English football.

Don't suppose you can remember old Ted from Bristol buses that used to stand in the Williams (home terrace) he would bellow at the team and be heard in the away end ! .As for the Academy, they are attracting and retaining talented young players and talented coaches..no point in looking back over the last 10 years ,the future of this club lies with the development of the Academy and quite rightly SL continues to invest in that project.

DAVIDOLDFART.....

Without slating your opinion in anyway (as you seem to be very adverse to slating) .... 

What with recent events at AG & the understandably many and varied reactions on the OTIB forum including a serious amount of what you perceive to be 'slating', I'm surprised you didn't hit the roof sooner :)

You haven't read that thread from the forest Forum have you OP.

I have just read it and tbh, feel faintly sick.

I'm not going to read it . But since Forest used to be one of the best teams in the country (if not Europe) not *that* long ago, maybe they still compare their managers to cloughie. Not surprisingly they'll all come up short. I think we should let SC get on with it and see what happens, eh :thumbsup:.

COYR.

yes we do or at the very least a revamp!

A revamp maybe. But that's only a maybe. This whole 'needing a new stadium' business is a bandwagon, if you ask me. Like having to have an iPad because everyone else has got one. I'll ask you this: if Swansea and Brighton and Middlesboro and god knows who else were all still in their original grounds, would you be saying we needed a new stadium? For the current size of our club, there's nothing wrong with AG. It's always served a sufficient purpose and there's no reason it can't continue to do so. If we had a 30,000-capacity stadium, we might just half-fill it. That would mean empty seats galore and no atmosphere whatsoever. 

Find it hard to believe but think I read AG is the only professional ground without executive boxes?

AG's difficult for it is sizely but dated. If it were like Elm Park or Ayresom Park then the decision would be obvious.

We're in a halfway house but looks like SL is hell bent on modernising. Think about the revenue, too.

A revamp maybe. But that's only a maybe. This whole 'needing a new stadium' business is a bandwagon, if you ask me. Like having to have an iPad because everyone else has got one. I'll ask you this: if Swansea and Brighton and Middlesboro and god knows who else were all still in their original grounds, would you be saying we needed a new stadium? For the current size of our club, there's nothing wrong with AG. It's always served a sufficient purpose and there's no reason it can't continue to do so. If we had a 30,000-capacity stadium, we might just half-fill it. That would mean empty seats galore and no atmosphere whatsoever.

I've never once come across an individual as short-termist as you.

It's actually quite painful to see.

It's about generating non-matchday revenue, AG, not capacity issues.

Archived