IGNORED

Sio Much Crap On Otib

davidoldfart

Having been an avid reader of posts on OTIB and a supporter for 50 years i have finally given up with the so called supporters of this club...never read so much crap as i have had over the last few days.

Slating the hand that feeds us , slating every decision made, slating every manager we appoint,slating every player ....on and on and on it goes. Negativity and crap ,

Wake up you tossers..this is football. 

Think of the positives :

We have an owner who is prepared to invest.

We are on the cusp of a new ground or revamped AG 

We have a new Manager 

We have one of the largest budgets in the Division 

We have one of the highest gates in the Division

We have a raft of good young players with several on the verge of first team football

We have a strong Academy and experienced team of coaches and scouts

We are developing at long last a scouting system

We are Bristol City

Give SC a chance to do what he has done in the past , ensure clubs avoid relegation and help them move to the next level - and bring on talented youth.

If you cannot accept this and support the club - why not try Rovers or Yeovil maybe that would be a happier experience for you and at least i would not have to put up with the rubbish posted on this site.  

• Admin

I wasn't sure if I should approve this newbies post or not, but here goes, not sure if we're all tossers for debating the club, in all its positive and negative points.........

Some good points in the post but you let yourself down by the insults and the boring cliche at the end about buggering off to Rovers, we all know that that is never going to happen, no matter how disillusioned anyone is with BCFC.

Having been an avid reader of posts on OTIB and a supporter for 50 years i have finally given up with the so called supporters of this club...never read so much crap as i have had over the last few days.

Slating the hand that feeds us , slating every decision made, slating every manager we appoint,slating every player ....on and on and on it goes. Negativity and crap ,

Think of the positives :

We have a new Manager

We have a raft of good young players with several on the verge of first team football

We are Bristol City

Give SC a chance to do what he has done in the past , ensure clubs avoid relegation and help them move to the next level - and bring on talented youth.

If you cannot accept this and support the club - why not try Rovers or Yeovil maybe that would be a happier experience for you and at least i would not have to put up with the rubbish posted on this site.

There is balance in every discussion. All you get here is maybe a dozen people who's opinions are a bit severe.

If you are looking for well reasoned debate in every thread your first stop should not be a football forum.

Filter out the rubbish and there are plenty of well argued points on both sides.

I thought everyone could see that forums are not necessarily representative. Most of my City friends have never been on OTIB.

When I first started coming on here it was because I don't know about tactics etc and was hoping the forum would educate me. I have learned a great deal but sadly very little is football related.

You're missing too many posts. There have been plenty of threads about tactics and which tactics would best suite City on here over the entire life of the forum.

What exactly do you want to learn about tactics? You could start a thread asking the very questions you'd like answered.

• Admin

Think of the positives :

We have a new Manager 

We are Bristol City

Is that you Mr Lloyd?

You're missing too many posts. There have been plenty of threads about tactics and which tactics would best suite City on here over the entire life of the forum.

What exactly do you want to learn about tactics? You could start a thread asking the very questions you'd like answered.

don't play Sam up front on his own?

I think that there is a misconception that SC is the brunt of all the negativity on here, I don't think that is the case. I've not read every thread, but people seem to be saying that he's here, so they will get behind him. He wasn't many peoples first choice, but he is now the manager of Bristol City and he deserves our support

The board are copping it, and rightly so, in my opinion. They've told lies, they've not turned up to the press conference to announce SC and looked like a rabbit in a headlight when they do appear. If that is fine, in your opinion, then that's great. It's not fine with me, or plenty of others. It's a forum, that's what happens on forums

And yes, there is a load of bollocks on here. But as others have stated there is also plenty of good stuff, you might have to work to find it

As someone said in another thread - the vocal minority.

We all know things are not as they should be and we've all had our penny worth in saying it, but the lack of perspective by some on here is worrying. They should seek help.

Think of the positives :

We have a new Manager 

We are Bristol City

Nice to meet you as well!

:rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br::A football Club, that is nearly 120 years old, and this past year we decide it maybe a good idea to develop one of the most basic structures in a football Club.... A SCOUTING SYSTEM... that wasn't, pretty much, one man and a dog in the past... lets stop and think about that for a minute... now digest.... even the least knowledgeable of football followers knows that is a BASIC.... and it's taken us nearly 120 years to understand that :no:  :grr:  :facepalm:

We have an owner who is prepared to invest alright unfortunately he hasnt got a clue about football matters and is mainly responsible for the utter crap we have been enduring for the past three years.

Your right to a degree, but surely he can only go on what information and knowledge is passed on by the various managers who have seen fit to pour his money down the drain at an alarming rate over years, managers that were at the time well thought of before coming to us, my guess being at least one third of that debt ran up by someone seen as a god by some on here.

Think of the positives :

We have a new Manager 

We are Bristol City

I too have supported Bristol City for 50 years........but I would not have the audacity or arrogance to suggest  to anyone that disagrees with the clubs agenda, that they should go and watch Rovers or Yeovil...Yes folks,  if your not buying into the wonderful faultless nature of the way YOUR club is being run, well that is  just too bad...keep it to yourself, and keep repeating the Mantra "I will accept every decision unconditionally". 

I have seen and heard many very good decisions over the years, and also been aware of a considerable number of extremely poor and costly ones.  Nobody is perfect..but it still continues to astound me that Mr Lansdown, while running a successful and highly profitable financial business., is still prone to make some very short term, badly judged appointments and choices.                                                                                                                                                                            

I am extremely unhappy about the appointment of Cotterill..I consider it to be another "He'll do" decision.....Although I have attended over a 1,000 City games home and away..I probably only come to the Gate 6 or 7 times a season these days........so the fact that I will probably not come down for the forseeable future is no great loss to the financial coffers.....I don't believe Cotterill is a good long term appointment, and after the mistakes of Tinnion, Millen and O'Driscoll it seems the board continue to stumble along without a real clue.  However I thought McInnes was a brave and ambitious appointment, so maybe I am just as misguided?    

I really truly hope that Cotterill proves me wrong, and leads the club onwards and upwards.....because I will continue to support the club, if not the man.........but I think he is the wrong appointment, and will last no longer than the last few since....... Gary Johnson's superb tenure.                                                                            

Anyway newbie, get some humility, and the fact that you have supported City for 50 years does not give you the right to get on your soapbox and try to tell us how we should act or think. The statement  "Give SC the chance to do what he has done in the past, ensure clubs avoid relegation and help them move on to the next level - and bring on talented youth" suggests that you have not done your research....because SC as you call him......has done very little indeed, successfully, since 1993.

Think of the positives :

We have a new Manager

We are Bristol City

I have to agree David. I wasn't in favour of yesterday's apointment and the contract awarded is baffling, but the sound of toys being jettisoned from prams was deafening yesterday. I hope their mummies made them pick them up again!

Apparently lots of people "will never go again". Strange, I thought this was a supporters' forum.

I too have supported Bristol City for 50 years........but I would not have the audacity or arrogance to suggest  to anyone that disagrees with the clubs agenda, that they should go and watch Rovers or Yeovil...Yes folks,  if your not buying into the wonderful faultless nature of the way YOUR club is being run, well that is  just too bad...keep it to yourself, and keep repeating the Mantra "I will accept every decision unconditionally". 

I have seen and heard many very good decisions over the years, and also been aware of a considerable number of extremely poor and costly ones.  Nobody is perfect..but it still continues to astound me that Mr Lansdown, while running a successful and highly profitable financial business., is still prone to make some very short term, badly judged appointments and choices.                                                                                                                                                                            

I am extremely unhappy about the appointment of Cotterill..I consider it to be another "He'll do" decision.....Although I have attended over a 1,000 City games home and away..I probably only come to the Gate 6 or 7 times a season these days........so the fact that I will probably not come down for the forseeable future is no great loss to the financial coffers.....I don't believe Cotterill is a good long term appointment, and after the mistakes of Tinnion, Millen and O'Driscoll it seems the board continue to stumble along without a real clue.  However I thought McInnes was a brave and ambitious appointment, so maybe I am just as misguided?    

I really truly hope that Cotterill proves me wrong, and leads the club onwards and upwards.....because I will continue to support the club, if not the man.........but I think he is the wrong appointment, and will last no longer than the last few since....... Gary Johnson's superb tenure.                                                                            

Anyway newbie, get some humility, and the fact that you have supported City for 50 years does not give you the right to get on your soapbox and try to tell us how we should act or think. The statement  "Give SC the chance to do what he has done in the past, ensure clubs avoid relegation and help them move on to the next level - and bring on talented youth" suggests that you have not done your research....because SC as you call him......has done very little indeed, successfully, since 1993.

Sorry Maxjak..but it is not YOUR club or indeed one that belongs to any of us.. BCFC  is a business like any other Football club  and we are supporters/ customers .And like any business customers have every right to buy into whatever that business is selling.If you don't like what is on offer shop elsewhere...and yes i have researched SC ,have you? Which teams has he saved from relegation , how many teams has he helped steer to promotion, how many young players has he helped developed to Premier and International level ...before you dismiss him,sit down and have a look at his CV .

As a club in the position it finds itself it cannot attract or hire World class or Premiership managers ,it has made a realistic decision based on track record/availability /affordability and potential to move forward.Whether or not it proves to be the right decision only time will tell but frankly it has nothing to do with us the supporters .I personally would have preferred Ollie . Once we start climbing back up the table all the nonsense written over the last few days will have been forgotten and he will be for a period the best thing since sliced bread. As for the financial coffers are concerned , i do not believe that the meagre contribution made by the supporters covers the cost of the manager or indeed most of the playing staff so you are probably correct,your 6 or 7 visits a season will have no impact. Keep believing and i am certain you will always be welcomed at AG. The king is dead long live the king ....CTID. 

• Admin

As a club in the position it finds itself it cannot attract or hire World class or Premiership managers ,it has made a realistic decision based on track record/availability /affordability and potential to move forward.

The thing that bothers me is that we didn't even wait to see who applied!

You can't tell me that football management is the only job where someone would apply for something below their normal level just to guarantee employment ?

Not every supporter of this club posts on this forum.. In fact many like myself are readers only.  I have only just started to post myself.  I have been reading this forum since when I still had a dial up internet, early 2000's I guess.  This forum use to make for an interesting read at times.  There have been, and still are some good posters with well thought out posts, with a degree of intelligence.  Not sure what happened to a lot of the excellent posters who used this forum, guessing they have also seen the rapid decline over the last few years.  Over the years since I have been reading, with broad band now a common part of most homes, the forum seems to be scraping the barrel for anything that is of an interest to read. 

There is a stereotype of football supports held by many people with no interest in the game. For me this forum endorses that.  Most of what I see on this forum is unreadable at times.  A poster can start off with a great topic, only for it to be high jacked by others posters, which turns it into something that was great to start out with, into a unreadable mess.  Its not often that I am able to read to the end of a thread anymore.    Not sure of the age range of posters here, but the majority of the posts seems to be straight out of a school play ground, or written by people who have had a few too many bottles of Natch. 

Archived