IGNORED

We Turned Down Moyes When We Appointed Pullis..who Are We Missing Out On This Time?

maxjak

Once upon a time in the strange & mysterious land of Ashton Gate,  we appointed as manager a balding welshman who turned out to be none too popular.  The story goes,  that at that time a young flame haired scotsman was keen to try his luck with us...........but in the deep dark recesses of the boardroom something stirred, Gaseous fumes prevailed,  and that young prince now finds himself, on this very night, bestriding the hallowed kingdom of Old Trafford.  Now wisdom dictates that those who ignore history are doomed to repeat their mistakes....so I was wondering, seeing as we have just appointed a none too democratic choice to manage our beloved club.........which young up and coming manager will we regret (in the course of time) not approaching.  Its probably a little early for Mr Johnson Jnr, but you get the gist.

And if we'd stuck with Pulis maybe he would have got us into the Championship before 2007...

Dear God No..a closet Pullis fan.......I thought they had all been flushed out in the "Great Cultural Revolution" of 2000

I remember the show trials in the back room of The Star - were the mass hangings in Greville Smythe Park for nothing?

I'm pretty sure it was Peter Taylor who was the other choice when Pulis was appointed. Or perhaps that was when they chose Fawthrop?

Davidson used his casting vote to support Laycock because Laycock had backed him over Lennartson and he had to repay the favour.

I don't know which way Lansdown voted but I think he was in the Laycock camp.

Archived