IGNORED

Interesting Quotes About Cotterill...

spudski

Would love to know what this passing football everybody dreams about is.

Lets face it, we all mostly want to win football matches. Whether that is done by launching it at a target man or playing through the opposition it doesn't matter as long as it is effective.

I don't get this lets play hoofball to get us out of the relegation zone and up to mid table then start playing passing football. Surely you just carry on playing the same way if your winning.

Would love to know what this passing football everybody dreams about is.

Lets face it, we all mostly want to win football matches. Whether that is done by launching it at a target man or playing through the opposition it doesn't matter as long as it is effective.

I don't get this lets play hoofball to get us out of the relegation zone and up to mid table then start playing passing football. Surely you just carry on playing the same way if your winning.

My post above is my intepretation as to what might have been agreed at interview for Cotterill to fit the 5 piilars strategy.

Winning football will do for most but if you stop winning, and the football is then seen to be crap, there's a double problem.

As we know the club have a philosophy of how they want City teams to play permeating through the youth sides, so whether we agree with that style or not, the style of the first team can't be too different if we want to bring players through.

Either way, the type of football Cotterill may need to play to ensure avoiding relegation may not be acceptable to many City fans over a longer term.

I doubt we'll ever see SO'D's extreme interpretation again, but the aim will be for a more passing game than maybe the rest of this season, while being effective and entertaining as we attempt to really progress, rather than just battle to survive.

Is that gonna take 3 and half years then Monkeh?

GJ started off with escape from relegation as his immediate aim, once that was achieved he started to build a team to challenge for promotion.

Maybe by giving Cotterill a 3 and 1/2 year contract we can hope for a repeat.

Why have you become the Cotterill knocker in chief?

If my acquaintance ( not mate ) had texted me 'positive' comments I would have still posted them.

Just thought they were worth sharing as it was comments from someone who has worked with him in the past.

Tell your friend to cheer up a bit and hope you do too!  Here's a quote today from a Tamworth player (rather than an anonymous source) who worked under SC :-

"from my experience, his teams are hard working and try to play football but they also always have a Plan B."

http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/Wayne-Thomas-Steve-Cotterill-s-arrival-Bristol/story-20262066-detail/story.html#ixzz2mbeDeP4R

.... make of it what you will...

After contacting an acquaintance who works for Burnley yesterday about our recent appointment, he sent back some interesting anecdotes...

' ....he will get City points, but the last place you'll want to be is at Ashton Gate watching it....don't ever criticise him mind, he likes to call around people's houses to discuss the finer points ;-)...'

My response... :blink: Really???? to which his reply...

' ...I'm surprised you didn't know... I can recount several such times whilst here, perfectly amiable I believe, but to use a Lancashire term, can talk a glass eye to sleep...'

Thought I'd just share...as I found it amusing, as after watching SC's initial interview I thought to myself... 'Blimey, he sounds on the back foot already explaining his way of playing'.... like he was used to criticism...

Hope he proves otherwise...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  Give it a rest.

As someone has already said, we'll just have to wait and see what kind of football Cotterill serves up. If he repeatedly plays hoof ball then he'll lose the fans that are on his side and ultimately that will cost him his job.

He talks about 'high tempo' and 'zipping the ball about'. Well that sound good but it remains to be seen whether the currant players can actually play that way.

I like your raisoning....

Heres an "Interesting" quote in todays Tamworth Herald from Wayne Thomas who used to play for Cotterill.

"Steve Cotterill is someone that I know well from my days at Stoke and Burnley.

"But, from my experience, his teams are hard working and try to play football but they also always have a Plan B"

http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/Wayne-Thomas-Steve-Cotterill-s-arrival-Bristol/story-20262066-detail/story.html

In reply to IScorewheniwant... actually the final remark above IS interesting. Think about it.

In reply to IScorewheniwant... actually the final remark above IS interesting. Think about it.

It is indeed. SODs idea of plan b would be to replace our only goal threat - JET - with Marv who sadly now has the ball control of a horse playing football.

I was referring to the quotes from the OP who was quite keen to stress his acquaintance was definitely NOT a mate but did however have something interesting to say about our Steve - however calling what this acquaintance/made up person had to say as interesting was rather over the top (IMO of course)

• Admin

Harsh. Robbored never boasted about contacts or inside knowledge. He didn't even mention the fact that he was chairman of the SC unless someone else alluded to it.

To the point that he even forgot to mention the fact that he was up for election again!

That's unfair. My recollection is that he put a poster up on a noticeboard in the SC's inner sanctum. The one in the corner behind all the stacked tables and chairs.

Archived