IGNORED

Interesting Quotes About Cotterill...

spudski

.... make of it what you will...

After contacting an acquaintance who works for Burnley yesterday about our recent appointment, he sent back some interesting anecdotes...

' ....he will get City points, but the last place you'll want to be is at Ashton Gate watching it....don't ever criticise him mind, he likes to call around people's houses to discuss the finer points ;-)...'

My response... :blink: Really???? to which his reply...

' ...I'm surprised you didn't know... I can recount several such times whilst here, perfectly amiable I believe, but to use a Lancashire term, can talk a glass eye to sleep...'

Thought I'd just share...as I found it amusing, as after watching SC's initial interview I thought to myself... 'Blimey, he sounds on the back foot already explaining his way of playing'.... like he was used to criticism...

Hope he proves otherwise...

He, SC has a style of MANAGEMENT, the clue I have put in upper case.....The comments we get on here about footballers over paid lazy ill disciplined etc etc I would have thought that his style will be a welcome change from the other weak style which has cost us dear. 

eh? feeling confrontational this morning?  I didnt give an opinion on it...

Heres an "Interesting" quote in todays Tamworth Herald from Wayne Thomas who used to play for Cotterill.

"Steve Cotterill is someone that I know well from my days at Stoke and Burnley.

"But, from my experience, his teams are hard working and try to play football but they also always have a Plan B"

http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/Wayne-Thomas-Steve-Cotterill-s-arrival-Bristol/story-20262066-detail/story.html

Spudski is now what Robbrored was to GJ.

Harsh. Robbored never boasted about contacts or inside knowledge. He didn't even mention the fact that he was chairman of the SC unless someone else alluded to it.

To the point that he even forgot to mention the fact that he was up for election again!

Probably that Robberred didn't like GJ.

I can only assume it was ok for others to not like SOD though;)

It's one thing to dislike for a specific justified reason, it is another to continuously post threads over and over again before the bloke has even managed 1 game.

It's one thing to dislike for a specific justified reason, it is another to continuously post threads over and over again before the bloke has even managed 1 game.

Fair enough, but I don't think Spudski is the only one who has already made there mind up on SC.

My opinion is that we all give a new manager a good chance.

Then why put it up? 

Go on then since you are here!

The thread is titled 'Interesting Quotes About Cotterill' and I posted an interesting (debatable) quote about Cotterill...

Yep I found it interesting and not attempting to have a go at SC. I am always interested to hear how different managers handle Social Media as it can be pretty contentious at times.

As someone has already said, we'll just have to wait and see what kind of football Cotterill serves up. If he repeatedly plays hoof ball then he'll lose the fans that are on his side and ultimately that will cost him his job.

He talks about 'high tempo' and 'zipping the ball about'. Well that sound good but it remains to be seen whether the currant players can actually play that way.

Disappointing to see new thread posts by the OP becoming a touch cringeworthy and risible as I had spudski down as a interesting poster worth reading.  Each to their own but I don't think the forum is short of existing new manager bitch and moan threads to add the initial post to.

I think a more interesting new thread post would be to set a challenge to name a professional manager where there aren't any mixed opinions or negative quotes to use in isolation to slag him off. The general theme seems to be we should have given Sean five years regardless of whether we play hoofball to an isolated 5ft 7" striker but the new manager doesn't deserve five minutes.

As someone has already said, we'll just have to wait and see what kind of football Cotterill serves up. If he repeatedly plays hoof ball then he'll lose the fans that are on his side and ultimately that will cost him his job.

He talks about 'high tempo' and 'zipping the ball about'. Well that sound good but it remains to be seen whether the currant players can actually play that way.

I think thats one of the problems O'Driscoll had, he still had too many that weren't quite up to the type of football he was trying to implement.

Not really surprised by some of the comments, from the usual people who never read posts properly, and only comment on what they think or want to have read.

If my acquaintance ( not mate ) had texted me 'positive' comments I would have still posted them.

Just thought they were worth sharing as it was comments from someone who has worked with him in the past.

Seems this forum is intent on dividing itself. As someone else posted yesterday...it's becoming unreadable.

Thankfully I'm off for 4 months abroad...so I won't have to witness anymore of the shambles.

Enjoy... I'm outta here... good riddance some will say... COYR's

Disappointing to see new thread posts by the OP becoming a touch cringeworthy and risible as I had spudski down as a interesting poster worth reading.  Each to their own but I don't think the forum is short of existing new manager bitch and moan threads to add the initial post to.

I think a more interesting new thread post would be to set a challenge to name a professional manager where there aren't any mixed opinions or negative quotes to use in isolation to slag him off. The general theme seems to be we should have given Sean five years regardless of whether we play hoofball to an isolated 5ft 7" striker but the new manager doesn't deserve five minutes.

City managers seemed to be judged (positively or negatively) on what they did elsewhere years ago, rather on what they've done here.

For **** sake the style of football isn't important at the moment those suggesting it is are frankly stupid

We are in a ducking relegation battle the only important thing at the moment is getting points on the board and escaping that

I can't disagree with you. Getting some points on the board is absolutely essential and if that means playing 'ugly' football then so be it.

That said should safety be achieved then I would hope that we see some decent proper football from the City team.

.... make of it what you will...

After contacting an acquaintance who works for Burnley yesterday about our recent appointment, he sent back some interesting anecdotes...

' ....he will get City points, but the last place you'll want to be is at Ashton Gate watching it....don't ever criticise him mind, he likes to call around people's houses to discuss the finer points ;-)...'

We've all seen the negative quotes.

My assumption is Cotterill has been told to avoid relegation this season whatever it takes - and if so, rightly so.

After that he took the job well aware of the clubs' philosophy and what will be expected from his teams thereafter.

He must have agreed to adapt his future playing style so we aim for entertaining and winning football in a style in line with the teams lower down the clubs' structure.

Perhaps he's matured a bit, is capable of change, and has assured the board that he is willing, able - perhaps even keen - to adapt his style of play as soon as league position allows, while introducing youngsters and keeping the passion and enthusiasm that he is also well known for.

Has he worked at a club with such a high emphasis on an Academy and bringing through young players before?

Perhaps the set up at AG is exactly what he's been waiting for to show his true worth.

For **** sake the style of football isn't important at the moment those suggesting it is are frankly stupid

We are in a ducking relegation battle the only important thing at the moment is getting points on the board and escaping that

Spot on Monkeh, all this talk of hoof ball etc, well if we were winning games at the min id settle for hoof ball, because all this lovely passing football we were trying to do under SOD won us 2 games in 28, Duck that!!! IMO at the min we need to win games and I don't give two hoofs how the ball gets up to opposition's end...........

Archived