IGNORED

Manu V Newcastle

Esmond Million's Bung

Watching the Manu v Newcastle match, Cleverley is possibly the most overrated player in the prem, he is dreadful and nowhere near international class IMO, cue a 2nd half super display although I won't hold my breath.

On a separate note Manu proving that passing around at the back is all well and good if the team are playing well and confident but when your not ala Manu at present it can be a recipe for disaster, Manu have been lucky.

As for the Hernandez dive there you go FA your chance to start the ball rolling in dealing with cheats, again I won't be holding my breath.

Watching the Manu v Newcastle match, Cleverley is possibly the most overrated player in the prem, he is dreadful and nowhere near international class IMO, cue a 2nd half super display although I won't hold my breath.

On a separate note Manu proving that passing around at the back is all well and good if the team are playing well and confident but when your not ala Manu at present it can be a recipe for disaster, Manu have been lucky.

As for the Hernandez dive there you go FA your chance to start the ball rolling in dealing with cheats, again I won't be holding my breath.

If we manage to beat Tamworth tomorrow in the Cup, I actually believe we could manage a real Cup upset by beating Man U at home in the FA Cup 3rd round. Here's hoping. :fingerscrossed:

Thing is, I don't think Cleverly is actually rated by anyone. I have never spoken to anyone who rates him, ever. The only people that seem to are Moyes and Hodgson! 

Re Hernandez, I completely agree. I think there's even an argument to say, he should be sent off. That's blatant cheating, trying to con the referee. It just shouldn't be allowed.

I don't really understand the jealousy and bitterness of ABUs, to be honest. Much of United's success has been acquired through the application of good attitude and hard work. Most other clubs could learn a thing or two from them

Not completely true. They also spent what at the time was a considerable amount of money on the likes of palister, ince etc this enabled them to win the first prem and then have more money than everybody else for a huge period of time (they have broke more transfer records than anyone else) With the exception of the class of 92 who have they really produced themselves?

I'm not saying that it was just the money, Ferguson is the greatest of all time. But to claim it was solely hard work and good attitude is a tad misleading.

Also a lot if their fans are unbearable.

I don't really understand the jealousy and bitterness of ABUs, to be honest. Much of United's success has been acquired through the application of good attitude and hard work. Most other clubs could learn a thing or two from them

No jealousy or bitterness towards Mancs, but I'm laughing my bollox off at the plastic ones who are travelling back to Cornwall/London/South Wales etc. They only follow them for one reason,they are glory hunters.

Not completely true. They also spent what at the time was a considerable amount of money on the likes of palister, ince etc this enabled them to win the first prem and then have more money than everybody else for a huge period of time (they have broke more transfer records than anyone else) With the exception of the class of 92 who have they really produced themselves?

I'm not saying that it was just the money, Ferguson is the greatest of all time. But to claim it was solely hard work and good attitude is a tad misleading.

Well I have nothing but contempt for them.

Ferguson is nowhere near the best of all time, Bob Paisley won more ECs than him in 7 years.

He also was a bully who benefited from a large number of questionable decisions in the Prem, Wonder who are the only side to have been awarded 4 penalties in 2 games, for instance.

Nothing at all against Moyes but I'd love to see their arrogant, plastic fans suffer for years.

Well I have nothing but contempt for them.

Ferguson is nowhere near the best of all time, Bob Paisley won more ECs than him in 7 years.

He also was a bully who benefited from a large number of questionable decisions in the Prem, Wonder who are the only side to have been awarded 4 penalties in 2 games, for instance.

Nothing at all against Moyes but I'd love to see their arrogant, plastic fans suffer for years.

Don't hold back mate!

Probably have a point about paisley but fergie did keep rebuilding the team and dominated for 20 years.

Certainly don't like them myself.

I agree that they have benefited from other factors - that's why I said 'much' of their success.

People often say to me 'How the hell do United keep winning the Premier League with such average players?' And that says it all - it's because those players (under Ferguson's stewardship) are rarely seen falling out of nightclubs at 3am or spit roasting models. And on the pitch, their desire, determination and professionalism is unquestionable. If only the same could be said of BCFC players!

For the record, I would rate Ferguson's achievements over Paisley's. The Champions League is ten times harder to win than the European Cup ever was, and Ferguson was at the top for 20 years. 

I agree that they have benefited from other factors - that's why I said 'much' of their success.

People often say to me 'How the hell do United keep winning the Premier League with such average players?' And that says it all - it's because those players (under Ferguson's stewardship) are rarely seen falling out of nightclubs at 3am or spit roasting models. And on the pitch, their desire, determination and professionalism is unquestionable.

like match day officials, opposition and the FA his players were petrified of him.

He is a horrible**** of a man who used to bully, intimidate and coerce his way to victory. Anyone who dared question him would feel his wrath and live to regret it, permanently usually. This was reflected through the teams he'd produce who were full of players who thought they were above the law - Ferdinand, Keane and Neville for example and a foul mentality that ran throughout the club inc. the fan base.

I'm glad he's out of football and I don't have to endure his bully-boy dictator-like tactics anymore. All your witnessing now is a fairly average squad but with the fear and intimidation (or 'Fergie-factor' if you will) gone.

I respect his honours but not the way they were won and certainly not him.

Haha, if there's anything that reduces the pain of being a BCFC fan it's seeing west country men crying into their pints because Moysie is destroying them! hahaha.

I really hate the plastics.

I went to the 1996 FA cup final Manu v Liverpool and funnily enough on the way back home down the M4 there was coach in front of us and in the rear window was a huge union jack and on that union jack were the words 'The Bristol Rovers Branch of Liverpool FC supporters club' made me laugh.

I went to the 1996 FA cup final Manu v Liverpool and funnily enough on the way back home down the M4 there was coach in front of us and in the rear window was a huge union jack and on that union jack were the words 'The Bristol Rovers Branch of Liverpool FC supporters club' made me laugh.

Don't particularly like Bristolian LFC, CFC or AFC fans. Local team or through family links, why else would you support anyone??

Don't particularly like Bristolian LFC, CFC or AFC fans. Local team or through family links, why else would you support anyone??

Depends on family link also.

If your father/mother blah blah follow United then fine. But when I hear the usual BS of "Well my great grandfather is from the Manchester area, so that's why I support Utd." That's a load of rubbish to me! Plastic supporter. 

Even though following City is full of its ups and downs I would much rather that than being a plastic. The emotions involved must be completely different. For instance my great grand father was a city fan then also my grand father and then my father and then me and now my children are.

I got a real connection with my club, I can watch the game and think my ancestors were doing the same 50 years + before me.

A plastic may say my dad is a Liverpool fan but that's only cos he was a plastic too. Unless you have a local connection to the top clubs then sorry in my mind your a plastic glory hunter.

Archived