IGNORED

Darren Byfield Exclusive: City Broke Promises & My Heart

The Exiled Robin

Morning all,

Delighted that The Exiled Robin has another exclusive interview this morning with Tamworth player-coach Darren Byfield giving an insight into his year at City; why he joined, how Gary Johnson broke his word and the personal heartbreak he had at Wembley.

He also talks in detail about the amazing team spirit generated which enabled that team to overachieve, and gives us the lowdown on today's FA Cup opponents, Tamworth.

Hope you enjoy, it's one of the best pieces I think I've had on the site in terms of content so pls share & let me know what you think.

Thank you for reading!

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/darren-byfield-bristol-city-broke.html

Anyone else had their heart broken by Bristol City Football Club?

This is cathartic (look it up) - let it all out, you are amongst (mainly) friends ..........

I remember being upset for weeks after me first dog died. I will  :sad26: ................. give me a minute .................  :sad26: ................ never forget him.

Perhaps on online survey is called for??

How broken hearted are you about BCFC:-

A) Not at all - I am resigned to it, essentially mentally and emotionally hardend.

B) Occasionally sweating and chest pains on match days only.

C) Regular sweating, moderate chest pain, mood swings, regular loss of temper for minor issues more than 4 days per week.

D)  :igiveup: , **** you.

E) This is it, if we loose to Tamworth, and are thus humiliated infront of the nation today:  :reaper:  (Do NOT, repeat, NOT, resuscitate.)

Good read mate!

It seems as though he feels bitter because his contract wasn't renewed and therefore didn't play enough games to get his pay rise, but surely if he was only on a 1 year deal that was always a possibility? I'm guessing it was 40 games or something.

Unless I missed something what did GJ lie about? Seems as though he just didn't reach the number of games required to trigger the clause in his contract.

Darren Byfield was my favourite player during the Gary Johnson era. It was his goals that helped get us to the play-offs and Wembley. A shame we didn't keep him on to partner Dele Adebola. Instead, Gary Johnson signed the lightweight Maynard to partner Adebola and the goals dried up with Maynard often tripping up and being out muscled in his first season here.

Great read.  Enjoyed that.

Interesting how many footballers talk about managers going back on their word.  Whatever promises are made, get it written into the contract chaps, else it means nothing.

People never learn....

It's a bit having cake and eating it too isn't it. He wanted the move here as his mates were here, he wanted the move here as it was nearer Birmingham and he wanted the move here to play regularly again.

He forgets he could have been injured first match and been out for the season.

It's a bit having cake and eating it too isn't it. He wanted the move here as his mates were here, he wanted the move here as it was nearer Birmingham and he wanted the move here to play regularly again.

He forgets he could have been injured first match and been out for the season.

But to be fair, he was useful and we could have done with him that second season. Of all the players we could have been shot of, Byfield was one I'd have been happy to see get another year.

Darren Byfield was my favourite player during the Gary Johnson era. It was his goals that helped get us to the play-offs and Wembley. A shame we didn't keep him on to partner Dele Adebola. Instead, Gary Johnson signed the lightweight Maynard to partner Adebola and the goals dried up with Maynard often tripping up and being out muscled in his first season here.

he still scored more goals then byfield tho'

Thank you everyone for the kind words, I thought it looked an interesting one and this has become my second most-read post of all time inside just 36 hours!

I, for one, was delighted to find a player who so genuinely seemed to love his time with us and was so desperate at the missed opportunity. I accept it was a life-changer for him money wise, but after the last few years and the series of highly-paid failures who seemed to care little about the clubs fortunes, it made a nice change to read something about someone who cared so much

Thank you everyone for the kind words, I thought it looked an interesting one and this has become my second most-read post of all time inside just 36 hours!

I, for one, was delighted to find a player who so genuinely seemed to love his time with us and was so desperate at the missed opportunity. I accept it was a life-changer for him money wise, but after the last few years and the series of highly-paid failures who seemed to care little about the clubs fortunes, it made a nice change to read something about someone who cared so much

I wonder what he thinks now? That would be a great read.

Archived