IGNORED

Steve Cotterill Personality & The Media (Merged)

fka dagest

What the holy hell are you on?????? SOD didnt have a ****** message, and was relentlessly negative, where as Cotts came on and put the MESSAGE across in a positive, intelligible understandable manner. And obviously, and more importantly, got it across to the team in a manner they responded to. Unlike SOD

As for ignorance try putting a capital I when on a public forum, as you equally show ignorance, and that aint my loss, its yours..

When you are in a hole stop digging.

I am not criticising SC nor defending SoD just pointing out that sometimes we miss important info cause the messenger is not attractive or a good orator.

You feel the need to be abusive that's up to you but you are just embarrassing your self.

Not that it matters though.

Nice jousting with you mate ,have a good night and come on you reds

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the point he made of getting Elliot to deal with first balls allowing the centre backs to work closer was a clear tactic that had eluded sod and one possible reason we made many mistakes so far this season. That being said, Elliot isn't the man for that role. I believe gillett would be ideal for that role or wynter.

Ryan Taylor offered nothing up front so I hope he pops jet up top with baldock which allows Reid or pack back in the team

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the point he made of getting Elliot to deal with first balls allowing the centre backs to work closer was a clear tactic that had eluded sod and one possible reason we made many mistakes so far this season. That being said, Elliot isn't the man for that role. I believe gillett would be ideal for that role or wynter.

Ryan Taylor offered nothing up front so I hope he pops jet up top with baldock which allows Reid or pack back in the team

He put Elliot there today mainly for his heading ability.SC expected Tamworth to play a lot of balls in the air in that area.

I agree that Elliot isn't ideal for that position in League games,i imagine a better passer will play there if we continue to play the same formation.

Regarding JET, Tamworth's best spell of the game coincided with JET going up front,he was hardly involved in the game during this time,and as he's our best player I would rather have him in the position he played for the first 70 minutes, in that position he has far more influence on the game.

I am not criticising SC nor defending SoD just pointing out that sometimes we miss important info cause the messenger is not attractive or a good orator.

You feel the need to be abusive that's up to you but you are just embarrassing your self.

He is not embarrassing himself at all though.

He stated his opinions and you had a dig at him, if anything you have embarrassed yourself.

Anyways, I have like all of Cotterills interviews so far, easy to listen too, and seems very aware. Def impressed.

Was refreshing, Cotts explained the system and player tactics in simple, plain English.

That was a problem with both our previous incumbents - McInnes was so intense and enthusiastic he had a tendency to blabber for Scotland, while SoD was complicated, long-winded and so, so quiet.

As they say, Keep it Simple Stupid!

Good start and good learning experience for Cotts of our team's many strengths and weaknesses. 

Thought the centre backs stood up well, apart from the momentary lapse at the end. Marvin and JET were immense in their modified roles. Baldock looked sharper and more involved. Rest, aside from Wagstaff, Taylor and Cunningham did ok. Taylor had a good spell before he was hauled off so, possibly, some hope. Cunningham, where's that steal of a fullback gone post Peterborough? Wagstaff not impressed so far I fear.    

Was most impressed with his tactics today. Thought Marv as a holding midfeilder was an excellent decision and he played really well. Someting that we have missed for a while I think and made us look so much more solid. Jet was excellent as an attacking midfielder and also did his fair bit defensively. Thought the weak links were Wagstaff and Taylor. Would rather we start with Harewood (better at holding the ball up in my opinion) and Burns.

At LAST you make your point! Took long enough like.

As for being an orator, thats what people in charge do, they lead through example and in deed. They cajole, the explain, they guide, they illuminate, they point people in the direction they wish to go, they can put the point they are trying to make in a coherent manner, thats managing and coaching.

Bad ones like O Drosscoll quite frankly do much more damage than someone who doesnt have a scooby. Quite franky he has been the worst manager from a communication point of view of all.

He did have an idea of what hewanted, thats clear from his notes in the programme, and people have told me he came across well in the Q & A session.

But very clearly he couldnt get across to the team what he wanted doing...and his general attititude in interviews was dire. Little surprise he won so few games.

Enjoyed the jousting. CTID, indeed until we both die

Archived