IGNORED

Steve Cotterill Personality & The Media (Merged)

fka dagest

Aside from the pure footballing and points issues at stake, I must say after listening to SC today, it's like a breath of fresh air.  He is knowledgeable, evidently meticulous, but also quite clearly passionate,  

I don't get why people were having a go at him.  So far I can't see what there is to dislike about him.

Got to say Steve Cotterill is winning me over, not because of the win today or the football he played. I thought he was honest and humble in his interview after the match. He did the expected 'credit to the opposition' type quotes but referring to SoD he gave him respect which I thought was a decent thing to do. He also waved at fans during the interview and looked like he could have a laugh and would be better at PR and building bonds between the club and fans. Early days but he's not the prat I thought he might be.

I don't know why people want to compare SC and SOD with regards to the media.

We all knew SOD didn't like dealing with the media,we were aware of this BEFORE he became our manager.

SC is comfortable dealing with them,especially at the moment. But we have also been made aware by Burnley fans that he's not so good when he's under pressure. So hopefully he will always be good with them whilst he's here!

I hope he does well here and has my full backing.

Cott's attitude was soooo much more positive than the previous cheerless incumbent, sounded, acted, and looked positive.

The last manager who was this positive also took a non league side into L1, and could bar his own foibles could have taken us up to the top flight.

What a contrast to the dour, uncommunicative, negativity from O Drosscoll.

So far so good..

Great minds and all that!  You're the Mod (my favourite of course  :flowers: ) so you choose.

Yup, great minds, Thankyou! Actually the forum software made the choice, it's usually done by timing, the first post gets everything else merged into it, but you must have been seconds ahead of me as we both showed posting in the same minute.

As Mrs Bucks just said, compared to O Drosscoll you could put one of the Walking Dead up for interview and it would be more interesting..

Cott's is a breath of fresh air..and like almost eery manager when they're losing hes bound to be highly defensive..but NO ******' WAY could he be worse than O Drosscoll...NO 'kin way..

This is the problem on here. Why do some people have to turn a thread about SCs post match interview etc into a dig at SOD.

FFS, they both want what's best for Bristol City. There will be some things that SC does differently to SOD, and there will be different views about what's the best way. But why this obsession with proving that A is good because B is bad.

Agree with Italian Dave, I was a strong supporter of sod, and didn't want him sacked but we are where we are, we all want the best for city, let's move on, hopefully to a better future, but these point scoring anti sod dogs are getting on my nerves, he's gone guys ! you've had your way, now how about showing a bit of dignity ?all city aren't we !

I'm not interested in comparisons but I thought he was excellent today.  Enthusiastic, good natured and humble as well as open and informative.  He acknowledged that playing style had to be dictated by the players at his disposal,and changed the formation to get the most out of our best player,,in the process seeing him put in more graft than I've seen before.  He also created a role for Marv that suited him and, admittedly against a lower ranked side, played 2/3 up front.  Of course he's not transformed us into world-beaters but I don't see how he could've done much better as a first match day impression. 

I'm not interested in comparisons but I thought he was excellent today.  Enthusiastic, good natured and humble as well as open and informative.  He acknowledged that playing style had to be dictated by the players at his disposal,and changed the formation to get the most out of our best player,,in the process seeing him put in more graft than I've seen before.  He also created a role for Marv that suited him and, admittedly against a lower ranked side, played 2/3 up front.  Of course he's not transformed us into world-beaters but I don't see how he could've done much better as a first match day impression. 

I agree totally find a better partner for Baldock and Reid in for Wagstaff (when fit) and I think he will have a reasonable base for the next 4 games that hopefully he will consider all winnable.

Anyone would give better interviews than ODriscoll which frankly doesn't impress me one iota. What did impress me was Cotterills tactical nouse in using JET just off the front two. Not exactly genius but not something SoD did.

Agree - and always thought that was odd because isn't that where SOD played him at Doncaster?

I was impressed by the way he explained Elliot's role. I was expecting nothing but tired cliches and it was a pleasant surprise to hear a good tactical point explained well.

Hear hear, He realised that if our centre back missed the first ball we were left open to their mostly over 6ft team ,putting marv in front for the first header stopped our centre backs being pulled forward into no mans land ,simple but they were expected to load the ball into the middle at every oppurtunity but the set up completely nullified them . Well done cotts.

Anyone would give better interviews than ODriscoll which frankly doesn't impress me one iota. What did impress me was Cotterills tactical nouse in using JET just off the front two. Not exactly genius but not something SoD did.

No he didn't, but Taylor has only been properly fit the past month and of course JET was useless under SOD wasn't he.

No he didn't, but Taylor has only been properly fit the past month and of course JET was useless under SOD wasn't he.

It wasn't a criticism of SoD. I was very aware that he frequently had injuries limiting his selection options. That said he did have Harewood as a starting option alongside Baldock but chose to give JET essentially a free role which seemed to work in terms of goals but not much in terms of results.

Aside from the pure footballing and points issues at stake, I must say after listening to SC today, it's like a breath of fresh air.  He is knowledgeable, evidently meticulous, but also quite clearly passionate,  

I don't get why people were having a go at him.  So far I can't see what there is to dislike about him.

You have summed it up perfectly.It was good to hear hum speak and he seemed to have knowledge and passion.He also payed someone up front with Baldock which was long overdue,Finally he seems concerned about the league table and isn't about time that the management were.Best of luck Steve Cotterill.

Archived