IGNORED

Can't Believe It Was 30 Years Ago Today....

BS4 on Tour...

Two things,firstly it was the burger van and a huge one at that,secondly it was tipped over and rolled into the river Frome.

It was a mobile crapper. It didn't go in the Frome. It went down the slope inside the ground with a mob behind it like that trying to storm Frankensteins castle. How do I know this? Because the giant blond haired bloke jumping out of it came from Chippnumb and he still goes on about it thirty years later.

It was a mobile crapper. It didn't go in the Frome. It went down the slope inside the ground with a mob behind it like that trying to storm Frankensteins castle. How do I know this? Because the giant blond haired bloke jumping out of it came from Chippnumb and he still goes on about it thirty years later.

Quality :)

Could have been the 0-0 draw in 80-81 when City and the gas both got relegated from Div.2, that was my first trip to Eastville as a kid, previously, there was a 0-0 draw at Eastville in the 75-76 season.

Could have been the 0-0 draw in 80-81 when City and the gas both got relegated from Div.2, that was my first trip to Eastville as a kid, previously, there was a 0-0 draw at Eastville in the 75-76 season.

The 0-0 in 75-76 was my first away game. A few memories, hot day, City played in black shorts and socks ( which I thought was brilliant, I was only 7!) and me  and father went on the pitch at the end, (we didn't run on, if I remember there were quite a few people just wandering around!)

Here's a question, what year was it when some lads cut off the padlocks on the Tote end gates and replaced them with their own?

I think the Police sussed that one but I remember there being lots of City on there anyway.

[/quote

It was jan '81 mate, the locks were nobbled, also the Tote tickets were given out in the Bell on the

saturday morning, loads got in some didn't.

Here's a question, what year was it when some lads cut off the padlocks on the Tote end gates and replaced them with their own?

I think the Police sussed that one but I remember there being lots of City on there anyway.

There we loads of us in there,and yes the padlocks were cut off the gates.The tickets were printed on yellow cardboard,and we just got them copied,all with the same number on them.The old bill just walked us around to the muller rd end and let us in.I have actually stood on the scrote end,the south enclosure and had an in depth conversation with the north stand boot men,not boys mind,men.

When martyn hirst scored in front of the tote end, the thing I will never forget, that for a few seconds just silence , almost surreal , like time had stood still , then pandemonium , mayhem and madness , a noise that registered on the richter scale ! amazing !

Riley, to Hirst who shoots...............................................Silence.............................................Bedlam

Happy, glory days. No scrum in the crappy Eastville d.box, of course, but certainly a clamour for the champagne I generously ordered for everyone afterwards! And that Barry Bradshaw reacted rather unsportingly by refusing to let us use one of his new-fangled microwave oven machines to warm up some rather sorry looking sausage rawls. Then we all made it back to AG and continued getting rat-arsed! The Les 'n' Des show was up and running!

I was there that day, stood on the North Enclosure.

I was also at Ashton Gate one year later, that game was much more fun :)

Altogether now '1 nil down 3-1 up, we knocked City out the cup' :)

The league game in November, when Glyn Riley tore your defence a new one and we spanked you 3-0.

Yeah , that was a great day ;)

The 0-0 in 75-76 was my first away game. A few memories, hot day, City played in black shorts and socks ( which I thought was brilliant, I was only 7!) and me  and father went on the pitch at the end, (we didn't run on, if I remember there were quite a few people just wandering around!)

It was the last away game of the season before the Pompey game to clinch promotion to the 1st Div. Good Friday 1976 in front of 26,430, I didn't start going to games until the next season, but i'm sure other posters were there. I scanned these pics out of an old magazine..someone might recognise themselves, looked a good day out....!

qnutsk.jpg166hb1t.jpg11grbrq.jpg

Archived