IGNORED

Can't Believe It Was 30 Years Ago Today....

BS4 on Tour...

...but December 10th 1983 remains my fave City memory.

FA Cup 2nd Round

Gas 1 City 2

After all we'd been through over the previous few years this was the moment we could finally leave it all behind and rejoice in the fact that not only did we still have our club, we beat 'them' away in the Cup after being a goal down.

The away end at Eastville was so full my feet literally didn't touch the ground as the Red hordes were packed in like sardines, and we sang our heart out for the whole match.

Games like this one thirty years ago are what it's all about for me....

Look at the way the great Tom Ritchie celebrated his superb goal - pure unadulterated joy from a true club legend.

And TC putting a single finger up to the gas at the end - we're the the number 1 top team in Bristol now.

Remember being under a mass of flailing bodies wildly celebrating those goals, scarves, hats, glasses etc. flying all over the place.

Just a fantastic day. :yes: 

Does anyone remember being in the away end when we scored - particularly Martin Hirst's winner - the whole crowd seemed to surge forward in a giant wave in celebration? I ended up miles away from where I was originally standing. Good old standing terraced days! Remember the same happened when we went 1-0 up (Paul Mardon) at Forrest in the League Cup. Never have I moved around so much in a match!

Anyone else have stories of what happened in the crowd when City scored in a big game??

Look at the way the great Tom Ritchie celebrated his superb goal - pure unadulterated joy from a true club legend.

And TC putting a single finger up to the gas at the end - we're the the number 1 top team in Bristol now.

Remember being under a mass of flailing bodies wildly celebrating those goals, scarves, hats, glasses etc. flying all over the place.

Just a fantastic day. :yes: 

Too true, super Tom, a real City legend and modest, decent bloke.

Does anyone remember being in the away end when we scored

We were in the far left corner (as you look at the pitch ) and there was a bit of argybargy and some hordings got adjusted !

Got caught in a mini batten charge lucky for us we were 2 or 3 rows away from the SPG  who looked younger than we were at the time.

Does anyone remember being in the away end when we scored - particularly Martin Hirst's winner - the whole crowd seemed to surge forward in a giant wave in celebration? I ended up miles away from where I was originally standing. Good old standing terraced days! Remember the same happened when we went 1-0 up (Paul Mardon) at Forrest in the League Cup. Never have I moved around so much in a match!

Anyone else have stories of what happened in the crowd when City scored in a big game??

I was 14 in the EE when Garland got his second against Liverpool...I couldnt get my feet on the ground totally out of control!

The one I will remember for ever was the same season...But at the begining! 13 with this horrible little cockney scumbag and his old man giving it to us something fierce...dad telling me take no notice but sitting on the edge of his seat ready to swing if he had to....And then The Cheese scored! I just stood turned and yelled goooooaaaaallll in there faces....Looking back I could have started a right punch up, but there were so many of us on our feet in that block they probably realized they were out numbered...

At Ninian Park with a Welsh mate. Pint on City and a pint on Atyeo scoring. Nil-nil, 15 minutes to go, Gareth says, "You want to double?". I did.

Five minutes to go, Big John scores with a bullet header. The first four pints that evening were sweet :drunk2:

FA Cup 2nd Round

Gas 1 City 2

After all we'd been through over the previous few years this was the moment we could finally leave it all behind and rejoice in the fact that not only did we still have our club, we beat 'them' away in the Cup after being a goal down.

The away end at Eastville was so full my feet literally didn't touch the ground as the Red hordes were packed in like sardines, and we sang our heart out for the whole match.

The walk down Stapleton Rd wasn't too shabby either,absolutely nuts.

Fantastic memories and as OP said the day we got our pride back. Anyone remember a game at Eastville 0-0 & everyone went up the Bell in Redcliffe and I would say about 400 or so of us had tote end tickets but couldn't get in. Trying to remember what year that was ?

Fantastic memories and as OP said the day we got our pride back. Anyone remember a game at Eastville 0-0 & everyone went up the Bell in Redcliffe and I would say about 400 or so of us had tote end tickets but couldn't get in. Trying to remember what year that was ?

Could have been the 0-0 draw in 80-81 when City and the gas both got relegated from Div.2, that was my first trip to Eastville as a kid, previously, there was a 0-0 draw at Eastville in the 75-76 season.

We were in the far left corner (as you look at the pitch ) and there was a bit of argybargy and some hordings got adjusted !

Got caught in a mini batten charge lucky for us we were 2 or 3 rows away from the SPG who looked younger than we were at the time.

It was either this game or another at Eastville, when City lads released the brakes ( big handbrake) on either a temporary toilet hut or a burger bar that was on the far side, just off the terrace.The trailer or van ( memory is not that good!!) went careering down the slope and smashed into another one farther down!

That Muller road end must have been the steepest terrace there was surely?

It was either this game or another at Eastville, when City lads released the brakes ( big handbrake) on either a temporary toilet hut or a burger bar that was on the far side, just off the terrace.The trailer or van ( memory is not that good!!) went careering down the slope and smashed into another one farther down!

Did you ever go to the old Valley Charlton before they re-developed it, I think i'm right in saying the biggest terracing in the country it was ******* huge, used to hold the record league attendance.

It was the Hirst 2 -1 game. That was a toilet and it was being pushed down the slope with the intent of opening the gate seperating the Muller road end from the enclosure. The gate opened before the toilet hit its target, it opened for the first of several baton charges from the polce with dogs.

The walk from Old Market/ Redfield that day was something else. City were meeting at the Curry pub, but filled that along with seemingly every pub en route. The Mob stretched back for hundreds of yards when it set at the pre arranged time. Looked like an army with nowhere near enough police to stop it. Scary, powerful and exhilerating.

FA Cup 2nd Round

Gas 1 City 2

Even reading this thread brings a smile to my face.

I wouldn't say it was my favourite City memory, but it's right  up there, as is any Derby day victory.

If I have to choose my favourite memory, it will have to be the day the news broke about a deal being struck to save the club from extinction, and the birth of the Ashton Gate Eight. Thank you all.

As a footballing memory, I think it has to be that night in May away at Coventry. Unbelievable!

With more to come........................................................

Try explaining that to followers of Man U & Chelsea and they just would not understand.

Did you ever go to the old Valley Charlton before they re-developed it, I think i'm right in saying the biggest terracing in the country it was ******* huge, used to hold the record league attendance.

Indeed. And it seemed to me that there were more peanut vendors than spectators ;)

Archived