IGNORED

Unemployed Tickets

Welcome To The Jungle

I was made redundant a couple of years ago, and was made to feel like absolute shit by the assholes at the job centre. Talk about a horrendous volatile atmosphere. I was only "signed on" for a month before finding a new job (a week of this was waiting for CRB to go through) yet they were still insisting i should be looking at jobs in another sector cus id been signed on to long.

Whole process was a total joke, and if im ever unemployed again, i really wont be going back. Id rather go busking then be made to feel like the way they made me feel.

So, the unemployment discounts i have no issue with whatsoever. Being unemployed is a depressing time, and I know that being able to escape from it, even for a couple of hours watching us lose. It would help a great deal.

Crikey, that makes for depressing reading!

That **** Thatch is alive and well ! Of course ALL unemployed are scum !

I used to slag off Mrs Thatcher a lot, scumbag lawyer lowlife Tony Blair and his muppet college lecturer/ politically correct lawyer regime made me realize that Mrs Thatcher wasn't so bad. We knew where we were with Thatcher but Blair and his middle class cronies would pretend to be on the working man's side then stab us in the back with mass immigration from the EU to lower wages.

Personally, I think that the unemployed should be offered discounts at all football grounds as they were at City when Mrs Thatcher was in power. Wasn't there a discount on production of a UB40 at Ashton Gate during the '80s?

Surely the unemployed could never justify their cash watching football, its not exactly essential.

I'm at sixth form full time and if I was to work part time I would get less money than I do on benefits and I can only just get by, I got to all home matches as I had a season ticket but I still have to spend some of my money to get here, I know it's a bit different but I think it all depends on the circumstance

Why? It is still supposed to be a working man's game, why on earth would you object to a consession for a unemployed supporter, or do you;label all those unemployed as non deserving blah blah, scroungers, blah blah, lazy (on and on and on).

And FWIW I am not unemployed but I am not smug either.

Read what you just wrote...! Notice the "WORKING mans" part ....?!

Why? It is still supposed to be a working man's game, why on earth would you object to a consession  for a unemployed supporter, or do you;label all those unemployed as non deserving blah blah, scroungers, blah blah, lazy (on and on and on).

And FWIW I am not unemployed but I am not smug either.

Nail hit firmly on head.

How would it work? How do you separate those genuinely unemployed and doing what they can to find a job to those happy sitting on their ass claiming benefits. Not against this but it would need to go to the right people who deserve it.

But it does also leave a valid point about those of us who work for a living to earn enough to get by one a monthly basis. I have a season ticket as I am fortunate to get a good bonus around April time each year. if it wasnt for this I wouldnt go to football. There are people out there who work hard yet still cant afford the luxury of going to football. Surely something should be done for these people, people who work hard yet are worse off than someone on the dole?

So many ifs and buts around the whole thing to make it fair on the people who do things the right way.

Of course football as a whole could look at itself and make it more affordable for everyone. Would be good to see something like a premier league boycott for one weekend and see how clubs cope with a loss of one weeks income!

As in 'class' but I guess you knew that anyway,besides you have lost in your point you were trying to make stop clutching at straws. :shifty:

Lost what point..?

Of course I don't think that ALL unemployed people are lazy/scroungers, although many certainly are. Surely you can't deny that...?

My point was purely that unemployed people shouldn't get a discount on tickets, when people who go to work all week to be able to afford "luxuries" don't.

What should we do next, subsidise cigarettes, beer & 5* hotels for enemployed people..?

Lost what point..?

Of course I don't think that ALL unemployed people are lazy/scroungers, although many certainly are. Surely you can't deny that...?

My point was purely that unemployed people shouldn't get a discount on tickets, when people who go to work all week to be able to afford "luxuries" don't.

What should we do next, subsidise cigarettes, beer & 5* hotels for enemployed people..?

And you know this, how?

the club could employ all the unemployed just for the day to check the seats they sit on,fill out a questionaire on matchday experience ,test the gnats piss coffee, etc,then they wouldnt be unemployed and wouldnt cause no unrest amongst others,all done by email of course so no replys,no chance of name coming up again.

Archived