IGNORED

Coin Toss

Eco

so we're attacking the atyeo which we have for years second half

prefer it that way too

But how does it happen, it can't be because we win the toss every time !  Is it because the opposition wish to kick towards their lot as well 2nd half, so it's in everyone's interests ?

But how does it happen, it can't be because we win the toss every time ! Is it because the opposition wish to kick towards their lot as well 2nd half, so it's in everyone's interests ?

Because the opposition want to kick off, put the ball into touch to win a quick throw in and make all their Chinese betting friends happy!

I thought these days the winner of the toss decided whether to kick off or not.

Since winning goals are usually scored in the second half, the visitors will kick towards whichever end their fans are in for the second half.

That way it looks better on TV if fans are celebrating a goal.

I thought these days the winner of the toss decided whether to kick off or not.

Since winning goals are usually scored in the second half, the visitors will kick towards whichever end their fans are in for the second half.

That way it looks better on TV if fans are celebrating a goal.

Winner of toss chooses ends and loser always kicks off. This has been the rule for about 10yrs or so. Previous i think winner did choose kick off and loser chose ends?

I sit in the atyeo so always prefer to be kicking towards ateyo 2nd half , I think away teams sometimes get it done the opposite way if they win the coin toss .To annoy the home team but surely makes no sense 2nd half not playing towards there fans (away fans ). Especially if you are goals down going into 2nd half.

But how does it happen, it can't be because we win the toss every time ! Is it because the opposition wish to kick towards their lot as well 2nd half, so it's in everyone's interests ?

Most teams want to kick towards their own fans 2nd half so 99% of the time it will work out for both teams regardless of who wins the toss.

Surely if you win the toss you can decide if you want to ko or choose ends?

Nope, Pride of the West is correct - winner chooses ends, loser gets kick off.

There is also nothing in the actual laws of the game that states the ball has to be stationary on a goal kick. Just putting that out there.

Archived