IGNORED

What Have We Learnt?

Welcome To The Jungle

I would hope that we have learnt that last week we were playing non league opposition so not too much should be taken from that result. This week we are playing against a higher standard of football. Lets remember just because they are called Rotherham and not Liverpool does not make them a crap team

Then we will regretably never know unless  the january window becomes cotterills saving grace and we receive an offer for him too good to turn down or JET himself forces the issue.

I sort of know what you mean but just can't see any of the current squad stepping up to the plate, filling JET's void, whatever.

I'm surprised that you don't see the overall picture of having him in the side.

I see the reality of it and the facts speak for themselves. Honestly we must be the only club in the world where an actual fan would advocate not playing the leading scorer and leading assister.

JET is an extremely effective attacking player and we can afford one of those (shit maybe even three or four) in an eleven man side. I don't want him to go running all over the pitch off the ball marking someone because I want him available to receive it. I don't confuse being available with a lack of effort because I know why he's doing what he's doing.

I see the reality of it and the facts speak for themselves. Honestly we must be the only club in the world where an actual fan would advocate not playing the leading scorer and leading assister.

JET is an extremely effective attacking player and we can afford one of those (shit maybe even three or four) in an eleven man side. I don't want him to go running all over the pitch off the ball marking someone because I want him available to receive it. I don't confuse being available with a lack of effort because I know why he's doing what he's doing.

Well to be perfectly honest, nothing else has worked this season has it.

As far as i can see that is about the only other option left !!

Well to be perfectly honest, nothing else has worked this season has it.

As far as i can see that is about the only other option left !!

I can only imagine how many points adrift we would be if we'd played Taylor or Harewood instead of JET. Honestly, it is bad enough having a defence like the French, without taking away all hope of scoring too.

What we need is more width, a back four without Flint, and Reid to be starting in the middle of the park alongside Winter or Elliot. Above all that though we need confidence, and the movement and travelling with the ball that come with it.

Sorry, but exactly how much time did SOD need. His stats are woeful

I don't think you can put an exact time limit on it.

As I've said so many times before, SOD's record wasn't acceptable but the way we played against Orient - it finally looked like he had the balance right and we had only lost 1 of our last 7 (a flukey win for Sheff Utd).

I can only imagine how many points adrift we would be if we'd played Taylor or Harewood instead of JET. Honestly, it is bad enough having a defence like the French, without taking away all hope of scoring too.

What we need is more width, a back four without Flint, and Reid to be starting in the middle of the park alongside Winter or Elliot. Above all that though we need confidence, and the movement and travelling with the ball that come with it.

Careful of the PC crowd but a defence like the French could be considered accurate (:laugh:) and spot on with Flint he is Pony (or perhaps lacking confidence if you're being kind), but a bloody liability he is!

Confidence is needed but how do you bring it about? A Leader (and new captain) signed at the next available moment would be good....Anyone have any names

What contribution did he make today? How many men did he beat? How many goals and assists did he get? How many killer passes? How many headers won? How many tackles made? 

I may sound harsh and don't mean to be, but as I earlier said, JET's performances are like tossing a coin. One week mesmerising, one week complete BS. Today he was no where and did nothing. No one is questioning his ability with the ball, just his ability to produce it consistently. I'm not asking him to track back, that isn't his role, what I expect however is for him to make himself available in advanced areas and to learn when the correct time to release the ball is.

I often wonder if the reason JET has all our assists and goals (almost) is that he never lets anyone else play with it, and if he does he's normally slowed us down so much that the defence is set. 

He is the most gifted player I have ever seen at AG, but also the most frustrating player too. I think however we should try a game or two without him, to see if he is a diamond in the rough, keeping us in the running, or a lone ranger who isn't pulling the party line. We knew this however before we signed him, but alas there is only one way to find out. 

Very harsh on Gillett, Shorey was woeful when he came on, Marv was very disappointing.

Williams looking more and more our best summer signing.

Gillet and Marv were the wrong way round. Marv to provide bulk in front the defence; SG to be creative.

That's what Cotterill told Radio Bristol the plan was, yet weirdly he never played it.

Reid has to start however. As the second-half proved, he's the backbone of the team. Threadening it forward so they can't run at us

Archived