IGNORED

What Have We Learnt?

Welcome To The Jungle

3 or 5 at the back depending on whether you count wing backs as defenders works, please can we play it more often.

Reid has to start

Burns is our only direct player, must play more often.

Shorey does not have the legs to play wide left, but Cunningham and Bryan do

Derek Williams is excellent, bar one wayward pass 

Gillett is woeful

Marv is unpredictable

JET is like betting on red, double your money or lose it all, today was the latter

Baldock runs and runs

3 or 5 at the back depending on whether you count wing backs as defenders works, please can we play it more often.

Reid has to start

Gillett is woeful

Marv is unpredictable

JET is like betting on red, double your money or lose it all, today was the latter

Baldock runs and runs

Id swap what you have said for marv and gillet. Although I don't particularly rate either. Wynter has to be given a chance, he is twice the player Elliot is.

Im gonna stick my neck out and say we should try the one thing we haven't, playing WITHOUT jet. There is no doubt he is a fantastic talent but we seem to rely on him to get us going, and when he doesn't we simply don't either. Again soft goals have cost us, il be honest I would bet on us going down right now.

Not a lot I don't think; we already knew that we would not be continuing the same philosophy as SO'D even though the board tried to tell us they would; we knew it was going to be the 'real' hoof ball.

Can you please remind me of the fantastic passing style football we played under odriscoll this season and last? Because I really don't remember any?

Id swap what you have said for marv and gillet. Although I don't particularly rate either. Wynter has to be given a chance, he is twice the player Elliot is.

Im gonna stick my neck out and say we should try the one thing we haven't, playing WITHOUT jet. There is no doubt he is a fantastic talent but we seem to rely on him to get us going, and when he doesn't we simply don't either. Again soft goals have cost us, il be honest I would bet on us going down right now.

I'll pop my neck out with you. Consistency is key. Do you think Mourinho or Sir Alex would play him? I don't think they would. At least, as you say, see what happens without him, we can't be any worse. Reid behind Taylor and Baldock sounds good

I'll pop my neck out with you. Consistency is key. Do you think Mourinho or Sir Alex would play him? I don't think they would. At least, as you say, see what happens without him, we can't be any worse. Reid behind Taylor and Baldock sounds good

Cant be any worse can it? It might get more of a team ethic going. Reid and burns looked class, they need to start against notts co, in what is now a must win game!

JET is a liability, would be interesting to see how we perform as a team if he was dropped.

If he's a liablity how come he's right up there in terms of goals scored plus assists ?  If he didn't play well today why not just say so rather than going to extremes.

in commentary pretty much all season I have heard the following phrase or similar quite a lot, especially when an opposing midfielder is going through our midfield, Bryan has bounced off of him, Wagsatff has bounced off of him, Gillet has bounced off of him etc, etc or replace bounced off of him with 'the midfielder just eased him off of the ball', I suppose apart from a striker that we all (apart from SOD) knew about perhaps our midfield is too lightweight?.

in commentary pretty much all season I have heard the following phrase or similar quite a lot, especially when an opposing midfielder is going through our midfield, Bryan has bounced off of him, Wagsatff has bounced off of him, Gillet has bounced off of him etc, etc or replace bounced off of him with 'the midfielder just eased him off of the ball', I suppose apart from a striker that we all (apart from SOD) knew about perhaps our midfield is too lightweight?.

I really don't understand why winter isn't in the midfield, hes strong and can pass! Was mom against Bradford on the opening day and hasn't featured since, something must have happened there.

If he's a liablity how come he's right up there in terms of goals scored plus assists ?  If he didn't play well today why not just say so rather than going to extremes.

Sorry. but i think it's a valid point.

You can become too dependant on one player and to be honest it hasn't done Arsenal any harm since RVP left.

We may actually become a better all round team. but will never know unless Cotterill has the guts to do it.

If they get  an offer for JET in Jan , I'd take it and get another striker. 

I thought they played ok in the 2nd half but when your 2-0 down it's hard to know if you played well or the other side has taken their foot off !

They have to give Wytner a run, we just seem too lightweight in midfield as the runs, especially for the first,  goes to show. 

You can become too dependant on one player and to be honest it hasn't done Arsenal any harm since RVP left.

We may actually become a better all round team. but will never know unless Cotterill has the guts to do it.

JET is a real problem and one I am sure SOD in the end could have done without and SC will have at least address, in as much unlike most players of his ilk he is scoring and making assists even when we are playing poorly and losing, which makes him virtually impossible to replace without a fans backlash, but when it doesn't work it's like having 10 men, he is like our version of Balotelli.

Arsenal have players of similar ability to RVP, as far as I can see we have no one near JET's level. I would think your view is a minority one and there would be uproar if JET was dropped !

JET is a real problem and one I am sure SOD in the end could have done without and SC will have at least address, in as much unlike most players of his ilk he is scoring and making assists even when we are playing poorly and losing, which makes him virtually impossible to replace without a fans backlash, but when it doesn't work it's like having 10 men, he is like our version of Balotelli.

EMB have you actually watched City this season ?

Reid has to start

Gillett is woeful

Marv is unpredictable

Baldock runs and runs

Pretty much agree with all that.

I'd say Gillet was woeful in the first half, as was the entire midfield, but he improved in the second.

I'd also say I'm not convinced on Bryan.  He was poor today and deserved to be subbed.

Possibly the most ignorant remark I've seen on here. JET is far, far from being a problem and the idea that sometimes he doesn't work is complete nonsense.

Arsenal have players of similar ability to RVP, as far as I can see we have no one near JET's level. I would think your view is a minority one and there would be uproar if JET was dropped !

Then we will regretably never know unless  the january window becomes cotterills saving grace and we receive an offer for him too good to turn down or JET himself forces the issue.

Possibly the most ignorant remark I've seen on here. JET is far, far from being a problem and the idea that sometimes he doesn't work is complete nonsense.

I never said HE doesn't work, in fact against several detractors I backed him 100% for his performance last week, my post was more a devils advocates type post of how I suspect a coach would view him especially in our current predicament.

Archived