IGNORED

Are The Players Good Enough.

Maesknoll Red

Spot on. The second goal we conceded is an age old problem. No tackles in midfield and a defence that just backs off. We need 2 nasty bastards, 1 in midfield and 1 at the back.

We are as soft a side as I have seen for  40 years.

That is Mr ODriscolls legacy.

"O'Driscoll's legacy" ?! Haha.

We haven't conceded a goal like their second all season to my memory. The guy who has been stopping things like that happening - Marlon Pack - was sat on the bench today. Under Cotterill that's probably where he'll stay so get used to conceding more goals like that and getting cut open.

I haven't been impressed with Flint, I was happy when we signed him but he hasn't live up to the hype or hope. I thought we were getting a better, more accomplished player than I've seen. I think we paid a decent amount for him to ( don't want to dare find out how much) so is it wrong to have expectation of at least a half decent standard?

Harsh maybe to single him out, but I've always regarded the CB position to be a key position in a team. But he is no Sean Taylor, hell he is not even a Jamie McCoombe.

We were warned redm. I can come as ni surprise when Swindon fans were pissing themselves laughing that they hsd mugged us off for so much money.

Every Monday I get the same comment. "300k for 50p.......head :laugh:"

I think the low levels of confidence are often hampered further by the home crowd. You can see that from how we often seem to start a game ok, then go behind because of some idiocy, and all of a sudden the movement is gone and the lumping starts. We stop bringing the ball forward and nobody except JET wants it. Then towards the end when we've nothing to lose, we've written it off anyway, it perks up a bit. I can believe that away performances are better but haven't seen many this season.

Quite agree, we started the game ok, then after two minutes the opposition spoilt it by scoring. That home crowd have a lot to answer for.

"O'Driscoll's legacy" ?! Haha.

We haven't conceded a goal like their second all season to my memory. The guy who has been stopping things like that happening - Marlon Pack - was sat on the bench today. Under Cotterill that's probably where he'll stay so get used to conceding more goals like that and getting cut open.

Bang on the money.

See Harry's postings on Pack for the comprehensive proof!

• Admin

Looks like SC will have to find a couple of quality loans and unearth some cheap gems for the Jan window, as it would seem that the current squad is incapable of getting out of the mess they've put us in. I say they, but as I suggested in the first post, any previous Managers must take the blame ultimately, for signing them.

I wonder if some Managers just feel the need to sign players, even if they don't actually add to or improve the quality of the squad, some of the players that have been castiagted over the years on this forum, make this current squad look like the kids left at the end when school playground teams were picked alternately by the 'captains' until only the fat, geeky and useless were the last enforced choices.

I personally feel that SO'D was in danger of taking us down, the ideal of playing academy and young players is great, but like a blended wine or whisky, aged quality is needed in the mix to ensure the final product is palatable. I am now seriously concerned that we will be unable to fight back and get out of this relegation zone, its crucial that we get some points on the board before Jan and just as crucial that we get some quality and leadership in the window.

I think we have some (potentially) very good players, lets be fair at the start of the season looking at todays teams how many of ours would we have swapped for theirs? None probably although on todays showing I thought the blond lad who was all over the midfield was good.

For me the difference today was confidence, organisation and momentum. Look at their goals, a confident keeper might have caught the shot, a confident Flint wouldn't have dithered on the ball he'd have smashed it past me in row V, an organised midfield would surely have challenged their player running that far on his own.

I think the players are good enough but the team isn't. Most clubs in this division would be happy to take our players - they are all capable of being good. That's what makes it so frustrating. As mentioned above, there's no spine and no on pitch leadership. I also get the impression that they don't want to play for each other. Unfortunately, I think it's going to get worse. They've spent the first half of the season being told to play one way (and I genuinely believe they were getting there) and now they'll be told to completely change their game.

I think the players are good enough but the team isn't. Most clubs in this division would be happy to take our players - they are all capable of being good. That's what makes it so frustrating. As mentioned above, there's no spine and no on pitch leadership. I also get the impression that they don't want to play for each other. Unfortunately, I think it's going to get worse. They've spent the first half of the season being told to play one way (and I genuinely believe they were getting there) and now they'll be told to completely change their game.

This. It would be the same if SOD had replaced SC, so I'm not playing favourites.

Bristol football is like this forum - full of jokes. Been going downhill since GJ left, who I for one had a lot of respect for. The most important attribute of any manager is man management and motivational skills of which GJ had loads of!

Then why did he go downhill from the moment we lost the playoff final.

Bristol football is like this forum - full of jokes. Been going downhill since GJ left, who I for one had a lot of respect for. The most important attribute of any manager is man management and motivational skills of which GJ had loads of!

Next time we finish 10th or 14th in the Championship, or whatever it was, we aint firing the gaffer, we're putting him on a 12 year contract! Me and Steve just stencilled this on all five of they bloody pillars

The "whole" needs to be equal to the sum of the parts; that's Cotts job. Between now and May.

Then next year, the "whole" must be a bit better than the sum of the parts.

Under SOD, the "whole" was less than the sum of the parts, sadly.

Unfortunately, it looks like we're going to need some new "parts" in January.

If they are not equal to the task, we're in a bloody "whole." A sh1t one

Archived