IGNORED

So Now We Know - It's Not The Manager

southvillekiddy

Well the last manager mostly failed in this regard and he signed most of them, the OP is correct and if you really believe the 2nd highlighted sentence, then the players are clearly in the wrong profession and that makes the OP even more correct.

The type of players SOD brought in (with the exception of JET) required coaching and mentoring - they did not need a kick up the arse.

Just like they don't need a kick up the arse now.

Bur Steve probably gave them one anyway.

Just like you would, right?

Worked a treat yesterday!

The type of players SOD brought in (with the exception of JET) required coaching and mentoring - they did not need a kick up the arse.

Mate SOD's way hasn't worked very much all season, protect the kids by all means but most of them are professional footballers not pre menstrual schoolgirls and need to start acting like professional footballers and I repeat if they don't like ask for a move, i'm sure there will be host's of clubs looking to sign a lot of our squad.

If our players cant handle having a kick up the ass when one is needed then we are f###d

there was a programme on last night about psychopaths. Apparently David James is a psychopath. People who are ruthless, single minded and don't have empathy. Some sportspeople are evidently more ruthless than others

david james is a psychopath? did they say that or is it something you are saying?

he's certainly a bit out there -- any man who parks up a reliant robin as a prem player next to the bentleys etc is certainly not run-of-the-mill.

But a psychopath???

david james is a psychopath? did they say that or is it something you are saying?

he's certainly a bit out there -- any man who parks up a reliant robin as a prem player next to the bentleys etc is certainly not run-of-the-mill.

But a psychopath???

Channel Four Psychopath Night. Lots of people are classed as psychopaths doesn't mean they are criminals. Banking as a profession has the highest number

Not that many instances of a new manager coming in and the performance worse but for the 1st half that was the unbelievable situation yesterday. Rotherhams passing and pressing was better than most anything we have produced this season. Our midfield and defence was nothing short of woeful. I wholly agree it's the players but I can't for the life of me understand that Cotts picked a similar team in a very similar formation has as failed all season for SOD. Unless you do something different the nothing different will happen we did that something different v Tamwoth and we won so why the hell change it back to what failed so dismally that it cost the manager his job.

sorry don't understand. According to the programme last night, a lack of empathy towards other people was a distinct marker of being a psychopath.

Read The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson. It's fascinating.

He reckons 1.5% of the UK population can be classified as psychopaths. If you come to the notice of the mental health authorities and fail the psychopath test, you can be locked up indefinately.

Channel Four Psychopath Night. Lots of people are classed as psychopaths doesn't mean they are criminals. Banking as a profession has the highest number

I'll openly admit to not knowing much on the subject but I always thought psychopaths were the blokes who blew away school kids and slaughtered half a village etc ..

He reckons 1.5% of the UK population can be classified as psychopaths. If you come to the notice of the mental health authorities and fail the psychopath test, you can be locked up indefinately.

Or get given manager of Sunderland job.

that sounds about right! There seems to be plenty of people I know that could be in that category. I'll take a look at the book

I'll openly admit to not knowing much on the subject but I always thought psychopaths were the blokes who blew away school kids and slaughtered half a village etc ..

Yes some are criminals, some use their ruthlessness in the business world: end of the day, they are people who just see other people as objects for their use.

I think Cotterill's post match interview summed it up perfectly.

The one thing they spoke about was following in shots at both ends before the game and the first parry from our keeper (which was rank goalkeeping by the way) sees a half hearted attempt at following in by us and hey presto they are 1-0 up.

Then the rest of the first half saw Rotherham playing the ball at pace and moving it quickly with the blond lad Pringle being the type of player we can only dream about having in our midfield at the moment. We on the other hand, as Cotterill explained, were playing at snails place with the dwarf in particular wanting about seven touches on the ball before moving it on and allowing Rotherham to keep their shape all half. Sounds like it needed a half time bollocking to sort that one out.

The other telling comment Cotterill made was that the full backs only got forward once he took the two starting full backs off. Clearly they weren't carrying out instructions.

The original poster is correct. We have players who are either UNABLE or UNWILLING to do what the Manager has asked them to do. Which puts us in a bit of a predicament really!!

I would bet he kicked them up the backside at half time and it did work to a point.

It seems to me that the type of players SOD brought in lack either talent, experience, heart or a combination of the three. He might argue due to the financial constraints placed upon him by the totally inept and silent Board we have. But that is where we are and if you are suggesting that we get rid of Cotterill already you are living in cloud cuckoo land. He is what we have, like it or not, for the foreseeable and we may as well get behind him because up to now he has spoken plenty of sense.

I would bet he kicked them up the backside at half time and it did work to a point.

It seems to me that the type of players SOD brought in lack either talent, experience, heart or a combination of the three. He might argue due to the financial constraints placed upon him by the totally inept and silent Board we have. But that is where we are and if you are suggesting that we get rid of Cotterill already you are living in cloud cuckoo land. He is what we have, like it or not, for the foreseeable and we may as well get behind him because up to now he has spoken plenty of sense.

It didn't work if he did at all. We came out and were just as abject until the introduction of Bobby Reid gave the midfield some pace, movement and aggression.

Before that point it was unbearably shit.

It didn't work if he did at all. We came out and were just as abject until the introduction of Bobby Reid gave the midfield some pace, movement and aggression.

Before that point it was unbearably shit.

The same thing happened when GJ came in and took over a dressing room resembling a AA unanimous meeting and having had their toys taken away, the players reacted like spoilt kids and it took until 3 of them got banged up before, the squad woke up and remembered they were professional footballers.

and saddest part of that sorry part of our recent history, was the evidence was there leading up to the 3 being arrested, there had been several close calls and several very young players had promising careers cut short by being dragged into the culture that existed.

I am in no way suggesting that that culture exists now, merely illustrating the point footballers do not like having their toys taken away.

Not that many instances of a new manager coming in and the performance worse but for the 1st half that was the unbelievable situation yesterday. Rotherhams passing and pressing was better than most anything we have produced this season. Our midfield and defence was nothing short of woeful. I wholly agree it's the players but I can't for the life of me understand that Cotts picked a similar team in a very similar formation has as failed all season for SOD. Unless you do something different the nothing different will happen we did that something different v Tamwoth and we won so why the hell change it back to what failed so dismally that it cost the manager his job.

I think Cotterill's post match interview summed it up perfectly.

The one thing they spoke about was following in shots at both ends before the game and the first parry from our keeper (which was rank goalkeeping by the way) sees a half hearted attempt at following in by us and hey presto they are 1-0 up.

Then the rest of the first half saw Rotherham playing the ball at pace and moving it quickly with the blond lad Pringle being the type of player we can only dream about having in our midfield at the moment. We on the other hand, as Cotterill explained, were playing at snails place with the dwarf in particular wanting about seven touches on the ball before moving it on and allowing Rotherham to keep their shape all half. Sounds like it needed a half time bollocking to sort that one out.

The other telling comment Cotterill made was that the full backs only got forward once he took the two starting full backs off. Clearly they weren't carrying out instructions.

The original poster is correct. We have players who are either UNABLE or UNWILLING to do what the Manager has asked them to do. Which puts us in a bit of a predicament really!!

Cracking set of observations. Bang on Grandad.

Archived