IGNORED

Is Wagstaff On The Pitch!

Robiness

He's a difficult one to sum up.  He does weigh in with goals from midfield. He runs around a lot and has a good attitude.  But there again, he's clumsy and makes poor decisions.

Then there was yesterday.  In the first half he was terrible (as all the midfield was).  At half-time I'd have happily never seen him in a City shirt ever again.

And then there was the second half.  He was much more involved, determined and combined well with Reid.  He showed he's adaptable by filling in at right-back and generally had a good half.

I think he's an enigma.

He's a difficult one to sum up.  He does weigh in with goals from midfield. He runs around a lot and has a good attitude.  But there again, he's clumsy and makes poor decisions.

Then there was yesterday.  In the first half he was terrible (as all the midfield was).  At half-time I'd have happily never seen him in a City shirt ever again.

And then there was the second half.  He was much more involved, determined and combined well with Reid.  He showed he's adaptable by filling in at right-back and generally had a good half.

I think he's an enigma.

I am always bemused by Wagstaff, who seems totally anonymous for long periods of the game.

His willingness to chase lost causes and closing down the opposition  appears adequate to retain his place in the side and be exempt of much criticism from the fans.

Taking out the odd goal and by the way his execution of the open goal miss at Tamworth was embarassing from a professional, his attacking contribution is minimal.

However, i was sufficiently impressed by his cameo full back to suggest that this may be the best way forward for him, especially if we adopt the wing back formation which i have always felt is best for the players we currently have at our disposal.

I think he's an enigma.

I just think he's crap.

All the enthusiasm of a puppy dog chasing around in a field afer a ball but lacking in intelligence.

I thoguht Anderson was smilarly inconsequential last season

I can't fault his work rate but I have a real issue with Wagstaff. Seems a genuine bloke and a 'trier' but it just doesn't wash with me.

You could get anyone who has a good level of fitness to do what he does if you want absolutely zero creativity and attacking input. I know he has chipped in with what, 3 goals but even the likes of Woolford and JCR did that.

He just constantly plays it safe or goes back, he couldn't cross a road and can't beat a player for toffee. Technically poor as well. Someone mentioned his open goal miss at Tamworth earlier in this thread. It was awful. Dreadful attempt from a professional. I played Sunday morning football today with players that would have better execution in a situation like that.

I can't believe that people on here used to be so critical of Adomah. Probably the same people that are prepared to accept Wagstaff as he's a 'trier'.

I'm all for a trier but he just doesn't offer anything else for me. Going to head down the same route as the likes of Wagstaff and JCR I'm afraid. Possibly being a bit harsh on him but my patience is wearing thin.

I can't fault his work rate but I have a real issue with Wagstaff. Seems a genuine bloke and a 'trier' but it just doesn't wash with me.

You could get anyone who has a good level of fitness to do what he does if you want absolutely zero creativity and attacking input. I know he has chipped in with what, 3 goals but even the likes of Woolford and JCR did that.

He just constantly plays it safe or goes back, he couldn't cross a road and can't beat a player for toffee. Technically poor as well. Someone mentioned his open goal miss at Tamworth earlier in this thread. It was awful. Dreadful attempt from a professional. I played Sunday morning football today with players that would have better execution in a situation like that.

I can't believe that people on here used to be so critical of Adomah. Probably the same people that are prepared to accept Wagstaff as he's a 'trier'.

I'm all for a trier but he just doesn't offer anything else for me. Going to head down the same route as the likes of Wagstaff and JCR I'm afraid. Possibly being a bit harsh on him but my patience is wearing thin.

His goal at Carlisle wasn't bad for someone with no technique, have you scored one like that on a Sunday morning ?

His goal at Carlisle wasn't bad for someone with no technique, have you scored one like that on a Sunday morning ?

I have actually. Doesn't mean I'm good technically.

If we are going by that logic then Marvin Elliott is good technically. He's scored crackers in his time. Is he technically gifted!? No. Of course not.

Just because you score a good goal every now and then doesn't mean you have good technique. I would expect a bit of quality from a pro footballer but I am basing my opinion on every game I have seen him play this season. Not one good strike that could arguably have been a little lucky.

I have actually. Doesn't mean I'm good technically.

If we are going by that logic then Marvin Elliott is good technically. He's scored crackers in his time. Is he technically gifted!? No. Of course not.

Just because you score a good goal every now and then doesn't mean you have good technique. I would expect a bit of quality from a pro footballer but I am basing my opinion on every game I have seen him play this season. Not one good strike that could arguably have been a little lucky.

Fair play to you !

Archived