IGNORED

Cotterill Yesterday

Tom Fleuriot

Really?

What if we get promoted then - are you going to give SOD credit for that?

SC holds the club's survival in his hands I'm afraid.

And that fact alone makes me very nervous indeed...

cotterill is the man.

He takes over with a lot of the season left and he takes over with city in touch with everyone else in the zone of safety.

Add the fact he has a transfer window in its entirety with a month before to think about it.

Yep - if we go down or finish very safe, it will all be down to him. Nobody else. True, his hand he's been dealt has been a sh*t one, but still he is responsible for what happens.

I can see clearly now the rain has gone... who sang that? Carly Simon?.. anyway.. we've heard that one a few times before heh?

McInnes is blamed for SO'D taking us down, SO'D is blamed for Hoof taking us down so when he is inevitably sacked next season when we are languishing in or arounds 89th place of the Football League it'll be Cotts' fault when we fall through the trap door into the conference with Billy Davies in charge. For as sure as night follows day we will be following the Florist managerial trail yet again in the coming months.

Alice Through the Looking Glass it isn't so lets hope it is not the diametric opposite of something nice... and something nice would be? answers on a postcard to BBC Television Centre, Broadcasting House, London. W1A 4AA

Labi Siffre now you can see clearly

Listening to his interview, it seemed to me that from the players perspective it was the same old/same old, they spent all week being coached and spoken to about what was expected and as soon as the whistle blew, they just played their own game, it took the half time team talk to provoke any response. SC alluded to it as did SOD on more than one occasion.

Certainly looked that way EMB. SC said on Radio Brizzle that Marv would be in front of the defence providing some physical presence and Gillet would be further up linking with the attack.

Why they came out vice versa Gawd knows. Gillet was a chocolate teapot in the Liam Kelly role and Marv is many things, but a midfield distributor he is not.

Certainly looked that way EMB. SC said on Radio Brizzle that Marv would be in front of the defence providing some physical presence and Gillet would be further up linking with the attack.

Why they came out vice versa Gawd knows. Gillet was a chocolate teapot in the Liam Kelly role and Marv is many things, but a midfield distributor he is not.

Would it not be SC's job to tell them from the touchline? to fix it as the game was going on?

Yep baffled by that, JT. I can't say I was thrilled yesterday, but let's give him the same period of grace (most of us) extended to SOD

I am, I just saw an awful lot of concerning incidents and I already don't rate the guy from before he was here.

It's tough, I want him to succeed, course I do. I just don't truly believe he will. Which really does suck as I have always found it relatively easy to be positive about BCFC.

It's like fans are dieing for sc to fail

i hope that isnt the case.

i can understand people being concerned and i understand people thinking he isnt the right choice -- because that is what i think tbh -- but i cannot ever for the life of me fathom anyone wanting him/anyone to fail.

It's like fans are dieing for sc to fail

I think it is more the fact the fans want to see some real shape an purpose from managerial appointments, rather stumbling from one manager to another.

Coppell appointed, told millen needs more time, not experienced enough. 3 months later he is ready and was someone the board had in mind long term. Millen Sacked.

McInnes appointed, we are told McInnes is someone we have been aware of for some times, but they didn't think he was ready at the time. Mcinnes sacked.

SO'D appointed, we are told he is someone we have been aware for for some time and was close when Mcinnes was appointed. SO'D sacked.

Cotterill appointed, see where this is going? We are told this is someone we have been aware of for some time yadda yadda.

So this board would seem to go for the best option then appoint the 2nd best option later down the road. So it is of no surprise the fans have little faith in the boards choice of manager

I was baffled by him picking Baldock and JET as his front two after last week and his central midfield partnership, which whilst logical if we were trying to make us harder to beat, contained 2 players who seemed unsure as to what their role was.

Still he deserves far more than 1 league game to form an option on and at least he showed more faith in young Burns than SOD did.

Couple of obvious things I noticed during the match, maybe a sign of things to come, who knows?

Anyway, a few times we just hit the channels without even looking, which indicates to me that SC wants the strikers to be running them - with JET in the team, that just isn't going to happen - so I'd expect a striker to be quite high on SC's shopping list.

The second thing I noticed, and I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but when Parish was about to take a goal kick, the entire team spread as far as they could throughout the pitch. Over the last few seasons I've became used to seeing both teams huddled with the centre circle or thereabouts.

That's it! That's my observations :-)

Different Manager.

Same mistakes in the team selection.

Intresting that he's said in a interview that he hasn't watch the tapes of previous games this season.....if he did he'd have known that yesterday's line up was a mistake before he even picked it

Yes....I was amazed Taylor didn't start against his former club! JET revelled in being the head of the diamond (OK yes it was Tamworth), but bugger it....Lets go back to certain failure as opposed to a change....As some one said the definition of madness is trying the same thing time and again expecting a different result!!

When is Kelly back anyone know?

Another plus point, was he'd stopped SOD's baffling practice of having Harewood AND Taylor on the bench.

For me, there were small positives and if we'd got a second goal no-one would've said we weren't good for at least a point.

The first half was dire though. But I'm getting used to that at AG this season.

Well, it's not is it?

But anyway if you think SOD will be responsible and I think SC will be then I think we should both agree that in fact the guilty party is the board for appointing these men, yes?

Difference is SOD had 18 months SC has had two games.Oh and we were'nt 22nd in league 1 when SOD took over.

There is a big assumption in the original post that the players are religiously following the managers instructions, and also have the ability and technique to do so after just a couple of weeks of training.

As many of us have observed including SC, the team move themselves and the ball round at a much too slow pace - will the manager saying that mean the players will be able to change what they do come next Saturday?

I dont think even Coco the Clown would have instructed the team to play as badly as they did in the first half even with a raging wind in their face.

Different Manager.

Same mistakes in the team selection.

Intresting that he's said in a interview that he hasn't watch the tapes of previous games this season.....if he did he'd have known that yesterday's line up was a mistake before he even picked it

i heard he tried but buggered his stylus when he played them on 45

(joke)

Yep baffled by that, JT. I can't say I was thrilled yesterday, but let's give him the same period of grace (most of us) extended to SOD

Why are people writing him off after 1 league match???

He's not even been with us two weeks! He has months of crap to unwind. It can't happen with a click of the fingers?

There is a big assumption in the original post that the players are religiously following the managers instructions, and also have the ability and technique to do so after just a couple of weeks of training.

As many of us have observed including SC, the team move themselves and the ball round at a much too slow pace - will the manager saying that mean the players will be able to change what they do come next Saturday?

I dont think even Coco the Clown would have instructed the team to play as badly as they did in the first half even with a raging wind in their face.

I'm not sure how it could be a big assumption, when there was a marked difference in certain behaviours.  The point is that the poor way they were moving the ball around on Saturday was not the same as the poor way they were moving it around under O'Driscoll.  They weren't offering as many backwards options.  Felt to me they were hitting it long into the channels far more often than usual.  Their kick-off routine was completely different.  What could have caused that, other than the manager?  It may be the players not understanding his instructions, but it was clearly a different set of player behaviours, which can't be completely random.

I'm not trying to knock SC incidentally - like any manager he needs support and I thought he corrected his mistakes for the second half.

I was dissapointed he didnt start with the same team and formation he used against Tamworth.

Early days some are being very harsh. First league game and it was against one of the better teams in the league. Some easier (on paper anyway) games coming up. Lets see how we do against them.

Archived