IGNORED

Jauary Fixtures Look Awful....really Could Do With Beating Stevenage

MC RISK77

Great win today, but having just reviewed our fixtures for January, and with away games at Orient, Wolves and Bradford we could really do with a win against Stevenage to carry some confidence into this month.

Anyhows merry xmas everyone and well done lads today

oh also brentford away...shit

Dont fear any team in this leauge. We can beat them all.  COYR!!!

This. Yes in January we are playing some of the 'better' teams in league one (which means nothing as its so close imo) but we can take hart from the fact that we have been in the game and should have taken at least a point from all of them, Wolves away is the only one that we can realistically look at and go 'oh shit', the rest we should be going to beat with our players.

Great win today, but having just reviewed our fixtures for January, and with away games at Orient, Wolves and Bradford we could really do with a win against Stevenage to carry some confidence into this month.

I've been saying for a while that January will be tough. I was dreading it under O'Driscoll, but I saw enough fight in the side today to give me some hope.

I've been saying for a while that January will be tough. I was dreading it under O'Driscoll, but I saw enough fight in the side today to give me some hope.

Thats good to hear mate, always respect your opinions, rightly or wrongly i was a stay away fan under o'dricsoll, i dont know what it is but already sense more fight ion the team since cotterill came in. Do you think some of it comes from the personna from the person leadng you, as all i gleamed from SOD was that he was very negative?

Thats good to hear mate, always respect your opinions, rightly or wrongly i was a stay away fan under o'dricsoll, i dont know what it is but already sense more fight ion the team since cotterill came in. Do you think some of it comes from the personna from the person leadng you, as all i gleamed from SOD was that he was very negative?

Very much so. I get the feeling that Cotterill is very much a horses for courses manager. We tried to play some nice football today, and we did in spurts, creating some great chances for Baldock. But I get the impression he knows that when we aren't turning the pretty football into goals, he's happy to batten down the hatches and see the game out.

It's only my opnion, but I don't think we'd have seen that game out today under SoD. Bringing Burns on, although it could have gone wrong, turned into a master stroke. The kid was fantastic when he came on.

If his Dad is reading this, you should be very proud today, the fans around me in the Dolman have taken him to their hearts.

None of these sides impressed at Ashton Gate (in my opinion) and hopefully we can put up a better showing against all them all.

Very much so. I get the feeling that Cotterill is very much a horses for courses manager. We tried to play some nice football today, and we did in spurts, creating some great chances for Baldock. But I get the impression he knows that when we aren't turning the pretty football into goals, he's happy to batten down the hatches and see the game out.

It's only my opnion, but I don't think we'd have seen that game out today under SoD. Bringing Burns on, although it could have gone wrong, turned into a master stroke. The kid was fantastic when he came on.

If his Dad is reading this, you should be very proud today, the fans around me in the Dolman have taken him to their hearts.

One of the most pleasing aspects for me today was that he did not batten down the hatches but kept us pushing forward to the final whistle -- attack is the best form of defence!!

Young Burns is a good prospect for us, could be a good replacement if JET goes. I could see this lad doing very well. Seeing the Dolman have taken him in to their hearts, perhaps they could have their own song for him? I put this song link here but perhaps it needs some bright spark to come up with some good lyrics to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbo6WhbNRsc

I am too pissed to do it myself.

Archived