IGNORED

Just Back From The Game...

MarcusX

If you couldn't be bothered to go, then just read though the match thread.

Couldn't be bothered? Haha good one!

Normally there's 100s of threads about how shit we were, was just hoping for some positive reviews

Besides, most people who post in the match thread tend not to actually be at the game!

I laughed at that comment too, god there's some obnoxious ***** on here :)

It's not obnoxious. He started a thread saying he had been to the game, then said he hadn't. Then asked what it was like.... If you are that bothered, then go to the game. Otherwise there are more than enough opinions and match reports to read if you know nothing about what happened.

Well, I'm not, but considering we've own and kept a clean sheet I didn't expect it to be so quiet on here... So what happened?!

What happened? City won a game under a manager that many of the most profilic posters on here won't give a chance. If Sod was in charge today, this board would be alive with posts of the SoDites claiming another corner turned.

It's only one league win for SC, but, IMO, it's the type of win we wouldn't have got a few weeks ago. Passion and commitment won the day.

The king is dead, long live the king.

Best performance I have seen down there.

We should have scored at least 3.

Pluses.

The tempo was good and we looked like we had decent shape

The movement off the ball was good

Parrish looked solid

Our younger players came to the fore for us

Negatives

Distribution still is poor - Flint's in particular is still awful

When Bobby Reid went off we brought on Shorey who was worse than leaving a hobbling Reid on !

For me confidence of the players still a problem, they are still frightened to make a mistake which invariably leads to mistakes

Overall though much happier than I have been. A month ago we just seemed to be dying and going down.

I think Cotterill has breathed life into us.

My dad died 6 weeks ago so I'm a little out of sorts if you don't mind!! Could really give a rats ass about football at the moment to be honest.

Sorry to hear of your loss, that is terrible.

However you are on a football forum, on a thread about today's game.

Those that didn't go missed a pretty good City performance and they could/should have won far more comfortably. In fact I'd say it was City's best performance at AG so far this season.

I would go along with the best performance this season at AG. We looked much more organised and commited. Lets hope it continues.

It's not obnoxious. He started a thread saying he had been to the game, then said he hadn't. Then asked what it was like.... If you are that bothered, then go to the game. Otherwise there are more than enough opinions and match reports to read if you know nothing about what happened.

I never said I'd been to the game.

Its not about being bothered, I play semi-pro myself and unfortunately we had a game today.

Also, as I said, I had a read through the match thread however most people posting were not at the game themselves, hence why they were on the forum.

Those that didn't go missed a pretty good City performance and they could/should have won far more comfortably. In fact I'd say it was City's best performance at AG so far this season.

I agree that it was a good performance and we should have won more comfortably, but I don't think it was our best home performance of the season, I think that goes to the game against palace.

Archived