IGNORED

Rogers Ref Rant

Esmond Million's Bung

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2529620/Brendan-Rodgers-blasts-officials-claims-went-Liverpools-way-Manchester-City-defeat.html

Got to love it, the hypocrisy is beyond belief, granted the offside goal was a piss poor decision but it was the assistant that missed it not the the ref, and his defenders were doing exactly the same as the manc defenders all through the match, as the MOTD pundits pointed out last night there would have been a dozen penalties had the ref followed his logic.

Perhaps if he wants to hold the moral high ground on this issue, he should instruct his defenders not to involve themselves in the unseemly all in wrestling that occurs at every corner and free kick.

Too right.

Notice he doesn't mention how the ref in their previous game inexplicably* failed to give several penalties against serial fouler Skrtel.

* Oh, I forgot, no away side has won a penalty at Anfield when the game was still "live" in about five years.

Tosser.

Interesting as we were only saying against Walsall that the linesman these days rarely make decisions -- genreally they wait to see what the ref gives then back him up = new policy resulting in less controversy??

ive noticed this aswell. Even on occasions when you would think the lino can clearly see the refs made the wrong call they always flag to agree.

Rogers was right to complain about the off side flag ruling out a perfectly good goal. It wasn't even close ffs!

Liverpool lost the game but had Stirlings goal stood who knows how the game would have turned out and those lost points could have a devastating effect on the final table come May. No mention is made of how such a piss poor decision could have serious consequences for Liverpool and every other club in running for the title, bar Man City.

That said Rogers should not have mentioned the shirt pulling. Pot, kettle black springs to mind.

Rogers was right to complain about the off side flag ruling out a perfectly good goal. It wasn't even close ffs!

Liverpool lost the game but had Stirlings goal stood who knows how the game would have turned out and those lost points could have a devastating effect on the final table come May. No mention is made of how such a piss poor decision could have serious consequences for Liverpool and every other club in running for the title, bar Man City.

That said Rogers should not have mentioned the shirt pulling. Pot, kettle black springs to mind.

The problem is it was a rant that even the MOTD pundits were mocking him over, the offside as I said was an appalling decision but not the referee's fault.

Best I have seen Liverpool play in years. I agree though that Skrtel could of gave away a pen at almost every set piece, still you watch Flint when he goes up for corners he is being held almost Everytime. Refs just bottle it.

I agree it was offside and a poor decision but there is no guarantee that Sterling would have scored even if there was no flag, miss in the second half was almost Baldockish.Rogers always has been a moaning whining ****.

He did put the ball in the net but it was chalked off.

Rogers was right to complain about the off side flag ruling out a perfectly good goal. It wasn't even close ffs

Yes it was offside,but you and me saw that because the picture was paused as Suarez was about to pass it.

Anyone who has ever run the line will realise that the lino's eyes watch the ball as it leaves the passers foot and THEN looks along the line for offsides.Usually when the pass has gone about 3 yards.

I get sick of these paused pictures showing whether a player is on or offside,because it's not what the Lino actually sees.

Yes it was offside,but you and me saw that because the picture was paused as Suarez was about to pass it.

Anyone who has ever run the line will realise that the lino's eyes watch the ball as it leaves the passers foot and THEN looks along the line for offsides.Usually when the pass has gone about 3 yards.

I get sick of these paused pictures showing whether a player is on or offside,because it's not what the Lino actually sees.

I agree. Why wont they replay the move at actual speed rather than 1/3 speed, it makes better TV I suppose and that is what the Premier League was set up for.

Then you have the cowards in the studio like Shearer, that berate ref and linesman decisions based on 4 or 5 different angles shown at slow speeds.

It was an appalling decision we aren't talking touch and go he was 2 yards onside.

ive noticed this aswell. Even on occasions when you would think the lino can clearly see the refs made the wrong call they always flag to agree.

I don;t think they flag to agree - either they are confirming the refs decision or the are letting he ref know what happened. I assume that they speak to the ref by mic if they disagree with anything and I expect the referee usually deems himself to be correct :thumbsup::yes:.

It was an appalling decision we aren't talking touch and go he was 2 yards onside.

I know he was, but how long does it take for a flying winger like Sterling to run 2.5 yards? It's millisecond's,you also usually get the defender running the other way.

They are hairline decisions which they mostly get right, but we don't hear any praise for that!

Interesting as we were only saying against Walsall that the linesman these days rarely make decisions -- genreally they wait to see what the ref gives then back him up = new policy resulting in less controversy??

I have noticed this at every game this season. I just thought it was a League One thing. Haha

Archived