IGNORED

Who Will Be Gone In January?

ciderbeans

When Fontaine went to Yeovil I think it was understood it would be with an option to buy in January, but according to the radio recently they said he had only played a couple of games for them. Not a regular starter, so unless they feel they need him and get him for nothing, I can't see them taking up the option.

When Fontaine went to Yeovil I think it was understood it would be with an option to buy in January, but according to the radio recently they said he had only played a couple of games for them. Not a regular starter, so unless they feel they need him and get him for nothing, I can't see them taking up the option.

I think that's because he got injured pretty soon after going there

I think that's because he got injured pretty soon after going there

I think that was initially the case, he got injured so couldn't play for a while but he must be fit since then or else he would have been returned to us wouldnt he? But in an almost 4 month loan he has played only 4 times, imagine if one of our managers did this ( yes I know we have, and worse). Gary J knows him well, and needs him too but he still doesn't get a game.

Not sure where Fontaine goes from here, a huge loss for him and us and a real shame.

Yeovil have so many loan players that they can only use so many ( 5?) in there squad on a match day.

2 weeks ago Fontaine couldn't even be named in the squad because of this,the following game he started.

GJ sends players back to clubs and brings others in on loan on a monthly basis,the sooner they are forced to stop this farce the better.

I think that was initially the case, he got injured so couldn't play for a while but he must be fit since then or else he would have been returned to us wouldnt he? But in an almost 4 month loan he has played only 4 times, imagine if one of our managers did this ( yes I know we have, and worse). Gary J knows him well, and needs him too but he still doesn't get a game.

Not sure where Fontaine goes from here, a huge loss for him and us and a real shame.

On reading that I think you could have it spot on, I do think SOD was right about not being able to play fontaine, I missed last season but in the few I saw this season before he went on loan fontaine wasn't bad as some people on here made him out to be

Yeovil have so many loan players that they can only use so many ( 5?) in there squad on a match day.

2 weeks ago Fontaine couldn't even be named in the squad because of this,the following game he started.

GJ sends players back to clubs and brings others in on loan on a monthly basis,the sooner they are forced to stop this farce the better.

I do admit I didn't know that, so hopefully it's just the too many loanees rule keeping him out rather than lack of form. Still not sure how valued he is to Yeovil though, so I doubt if they are looking to buy. I guess they might look to extend he loan until the end of the season when he will be ooc then?

Fontaine played on Boxing Day because another of Yeovil's loan players deal had expired.

I expect he'll be involved tomorrow as well.

Whether they are interested in him permanently next month time will tell.

Kilkenny will go and I expect JET, Elliott, Harewood, Shorey and O'Connor will be off too.

Not sure if SC will look to keep Gillett and Osborne, it may depend on whether he feels there are better options out there.

Yep, the way Cotterill - and Lansdown - have been speaking, I'd expect a fair bit of money to be spent. As I said in another thread, I'm expecting someone Britt Assombalonga-esque to come in. 

You might get someone Leslie Q-esque if you are really lucky but that's about it I reckon

We have money from Albert and Davies leaving in the summer, I wouldn't mind letting him go (As long as Kelly is back) for cheap to get him off the wage, Same as Pearson offer him out for 50k and see if there is interest

No one is going to offer any money for a player who is out for the season and can then be nabbed on a Bosman when he is fit.  Pearson will only be gone if we pay him up.

Wilson was highly thought of at Cheltenham, we called him back from the loan, they didn't send him back. Could be an option until the end of the season.

We didn't.

His month expired and the player he had covered for was available again.

Cheltenham couldn't afford to waste wages on an area they no longer needed cover in.

Archived